News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

General diorama contest discussion

Started by DinoToyForum, March 05, 2014, 05:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

With regret, I've decided not to run a diorama contest in 2016. It simply won't be feasible for me to organise it along with the various other duties keeping me occupied this year.

Some have suggested that I delegate and let someone else organise it, but the contest has evolved into such a sizeable project with so many technical and organisational aspects, that I can't realistically pass the buck.

Sorry to let you down, but I assure you that 2017 will come around quickly!

laticauda

No regrets, Its ok.  We appreciate all the work you have done in the past, in the present, and in the days to come. As a husband, parent, and teacher, I understand that at times there is to many things going on, just to much to juggle, and you have to put something off to the side.  I guess this will allow me time to work on my 2017 diorama idea.   ;)

Arul

Its okay Dr.Admin thanks a lot for all your hardwork for the forum :) hope you always enjoy your day with your work :)

Dinomike

Oh no! :( Thanks for your hard work on the contest so far! On the bright side this means we'll have more time to prepare our dioramas! :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Arul

Just my opinion :) emm... how about if we still doing the contest in 2016, but without sponsor and prize ? Maybe it will be more easier or simpler to organise by the admin/moderator ? Because i think diorama contest is one of the biggest way to introduce this forum to the people who love prehistoric, and we all doing it for fun right ? See the diorama together, the effort of each member to recreate the prehistoric story. And imagine how fun the diorama contest is gonna be just like the previous year :D

Kayakasaurus

I'm sorry to hear, but I understand. If it would change anything, I'd be glad to help with the sponsoring by providing an Argentinosaurs prize.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Federreptil

I'm very sad, because the planning for this year is in full force. And in the past I need the contest and it's deadline to finish the projects. So it will be hard, to realize a major diorama without a contest this year. Because I see also a huge working pensum without dinosaurs is waiting for me.

So, Dr Admin, I understand your decision very well. And I have experiences with a big undertakings and the overboarding demands. With much help of friends I have done a big slotracing event with a huge 50 m racetrack and a party of 30 people for five years. So big, that at last the course only could used outside on the combined slip roads of two houses. One day in preparing of the sixth event I had to admit the stress becomes to much with all the other necessities. And we canceled in that year our garden racing. But we've never do such a big thing anymore. Please, Dr. Admin if you see, the next years will not be easier – it's maybe a good time to think about a reorganisation of the contest, which spreads the duties on more shoulders. Maybe in the future there is a real teamwork possible.

And I follow Arul, for me the pensum can be eased. I need no sponsor and real prizes to be motivated. The honor counts so much more.

I will miss the contest this year – but I will be desperated if 2015 would be the last contest.

stargatedalek

A contest committee is an interesting idea and I think it could work. Regardless it's probably too late for a 2015 contest, no shame in that.

DinoToyForum

hmm. I would consider letting someone else take on the full responsibility of organising a 2016 contest without sponsors 'for fun only'. I would appreciate it, but I'd have to absolve myself of all responsibility up front. The organiser would have to be completely autonomous and must guarantee to see the contest through from beginning to end, being fully aware of the time commitments and responsibilities it will involve. I won't be on hand to help in any way. (To be ultra clear - any way - even corresponding about it or dealing with technical queries. I'm saying this now so there's no confusion).

So, who?  C:-)

Arul

I wish i could help but my english is very poor so im not sure..

suspsy

That's a shame. 2015 was my first time entering in the diorama contest and I already had an idea for this year. But real life must always take priority over hobbies. Hopefully in 2017.

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

PaleoMatt

I was excited to partake for the first time, but hey I will in 2017 and by then I may be a hero Member yay!

Dilopho

As much as it is a shame, it doesn't really matter. Don't worry about it!
If you can find someone to do it, though, I'll probably enter.

DC

thanks for your past work it was worth while
You can never have too many dinosaurs

stargatedalek

I would volunteer but the only issue would be starting college in September and I may not have the time to set up or manage the poll very well during that (I shouldn't have any issues with accepting entries during that window though). If the contest was timed to finish in August or the Christmas season I could do it.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 28, 2016, 07:24:58 PM
I would volunteer but the only issue would be starting college in September and I may not have the time to set up or manage the poll very well during that (I shouldn't have any issues with accepting entries during that window though). If the contest was timed to finish in August or the Christmas season I could do it.

The contest usually runs April to September but nothing's set in stone. If you want to change it to March - August, or whatever suits you - I wouldn't mind.

stargatedalek

Would beginning February - end of July for entries and the bulk of August for voting work? That time frame would work well for me but it depends on what people want.

Arul

no matter when the contest begin i will still join :D im very happy we are finally planning for 2016 contest, thank you Star and dr.Admin :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 29, 2016, 12:40:48 AM
Would beginning February - end of July for entries and the bulk of August for voting work? That time frame would work well for me but it depends on what people want.

Completely fine!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.