News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Uk - fascination with the Land of the Rising Sun

Started by UK, March 24, 2014, 05:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UK

Just a few phone camera shots of my current displays, mostly Kaiyodo stuff....

I love this little fella.....

More minis but differnt continent...

Fab 4.... soon to be joined with a custom paint job by Copper.

more to follow when I get time.

Thanks for looking

Roselaar

Libraraptor

Quirky, cool, high diversity! I love collections like these! More pictures please!

Two questions:

1. Where does the Rhamphorhynchus in picture 1 come from?
2. How to avail one of those monochrome Jar-Jar-Binks-theropods?!

UK

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 24, 2014, 09:12:36 PM
Quirky, cool, high diversity! I love collections like these! More pictures please!

Two questions:

Thank you Libraraptor, I will dig out the Brumms and Bullyland prehistoric mammals to take some photos to make you feel at home. I am lucky to have a near complete Brumm set and a complete set of the original Bullylands.

The Rhamphorhynchus is a one off kaiyodo museum piece apparently. The wonderful Timpo Rex seems to be like buses on ebay, you wait forever and then 3 come at once. The yellow seems to be the most common variant followed by the rarer grey. The green is the original painted version and the brown is the only one of that colour I have seen.

Look out on ebay.co.uk or ebay.de where they do turn up.

UK

Crackington

The wonderful Timpo Rex seems to be like buses on ebay, you wait forever and then 3 come at once. The yellow seems to be the most common variant followed by the rarer grey. The green is the original painted version and the brown is the only one of that colour I have seen.

[/quote]

Is the yellow one my old one that we swapped last year? If so, great to see him in good company!

Brilliant photos, love the retro Iguanodons, do you know who made them?

UK

Quote from: Crackington on March 24, 2014, 11:03:48 PM
The wonderful Timpo Rex seems to be like buses on ebay, you wait forever and then 3 come at once. The yellow seems to be the most common variant followed by the rarer grey. The green is the original painted version and the brown is the only one of that colour I have seen.

Is the yellow one my old one that we swapped last year? If so, great to see him in good company!

Brilliant photos, love the retro Iguanodons, do you know who made them?
[/quote]

It is, well spotted. Another yellow Rex is currently in Finland awaiting a make over via the wonderful talents of Copper. Will post photos of the fab 5 when the Rex returns.

All the large figures are from the Oldies series made by Favorite. They are truly amazing but the postage costs to the Uk ouch....

stoneage

Quote from: UK on March 24, 2014, 10:06:33 PM

Two questions:

Thank you Libraraptor, I will dig out the Brumms and Bullyland prehistoric mammals to take some photos to make you feel at home. I am lucky to have a near complete Brumm set and a complete set of the original Bullylands.

The Rhamphorhynchus is a one off kaiyodo museum piece apparently. The wonderful Timpo Rex seems to be like buses on ebay, you wait forever and then 3 come at once. The yellow seems to be the most common variant followed by the rarer grey. The green is the original painted version and the brown is the only one of that colour I have seen.

The Rhamphorhynchus is a Dino Expo figure.  It must be pretty rare.  Where did you get it and what did it cost you?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: stoneage on March 25, 2014, 06:43:11 PM

Two questions:

The Rhamphorhynchus is a Dino Expo figure.  It must be pretty rare.  Where did you get it and what did it cost you?
That Rhamphorynchus was for sale on eBay from a Japanese seller. I don't remember the exact price but I'm pretty sure it was over a hundred dollars.

UK

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 25, 2014, 07:02:58 PM
Quote from: stoneage on March 25, 2014, 06:43:11 PM

Two questions:

That Rhamphorynchus was for sale on eBay from a Japanese seller. I don't remember the exact price but I'm pretty sure it was over a hundred dollars.

Actually it was from a well respected American seller. He bought it from directly from a Kaiyodo sculptor called Takeshi? He also told me it was a one off sculpt, may be as a prototype but was not sure. From memory it set me back $200 but it's amazing, especially the paintwork and totally unique.

UK

From the Land of the Rising Sun to Germany...

Bullyland, Timpo and Marx to follow.....

Katieraptor

What are the skeletons in the sixth and seventh pictures? They look like Acrocanthosaurus skeletons maybe?
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

UK

Quote from: Katieraptor on March 30, 2014, 10:09:41 PM
What are the skeletons in the sixth and seventh pictures? They look like Acrocanthosaurus skeletons maybe?

Hi they are both Kaiyodo fukuiraptor specials, one being plastic, the other metal.

Libraraptor

I definitely need the other Marolin/Plaho - animals. I do have two Brontosaurus and the Megatherium, but I can´t deny I love all the others, too.

UK

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 31, 2014, 08:24:23 PM
I definitely need the other Marolin/Plaho - animals. I do have two Brontosaurus and the Megatherium, but I can´t deny I love all the others, too.

They are beautifully ugly  :)

Some more gorgeous figures....

Bullyland Neanderthals first

And the amazing Missing Links series

Libraraptor

Nice! Why are the ones on the last pictures called "Missing links"?

UK

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 01, 2014, 07:42:40 AM
Nice! Why are the ones on the last pictures called "Missing links"?

Sorry, I honestly don't know that one.

Some more German figures.... Schleich minis, not very accurate figures but very charming

Quick move away from Germany for a stop over in the UK for some more Retro figures, this time Timpo painted and monocrome figures.... just missing the elusive Stegosaurus.

Now Stateside for the Nabisco prehistoric mammals.

More soon

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

UK

Crackington

Is that a Primeval dodo on the far left? Nice figure.

Really enjoying these photos UK, keep them coming!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.