News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Uk - fascination with the Land of the Rising Sun

Started by UK, March 24, 2014, 05:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UK

Sorry to say I am not sure of the manufacturer nor species. It does look good however and sits nicely on the invicta stand.

Invicta Hunter might be able to add more but I think the detail on this are very vague.

SBell

Quote from: UK on September 23, 2018, 07:55:55 PM
Sorry to say I am not sure of the manufacturer nor species. It does look good however and sits nicely on the invicta stand.

Invicta Hunter might be able to add more but I think the detail on this are very vague.

Is it possibly one of the many one-off sculpts that show up form time to time on YAJ? There are always a few, sometimes of some interesting animals. Plus, sometimes they don't start out that expensive...! Although I've never taken the plunge myself, all the ones I like are too much $$$ for me!

UK

My wish list has diminished massively over time as my collection has grown and my desire to collect has waned. This year I wanted to finish my cherilea collection, a charmingly old school 1950's set which crops up occasionally on eBay. The Igunaodon has been particularly illusive.

And then eBay brought came up trumps and it's quite a nice coloured piece too. Not in hand yet but I've posted the eBay listing image in lieu of its arrival. So I'm not sure if I'm up for another challenge but it's been fun building and dismantling many fantastic collecting line.

UK

Few tweaks and a new figure from Japan. Moved the pterosaur too.

Libraraptor

Quote from: UK on October 02, 2018, 11:01:05 PM
My wish list has diminished massively over time as my collection has grown and my desire to collect has waned. This year I wanted to finish my cherilea collection, a charmingly old school 1950's set which crops up occasionally on eBay. The Igunaodon has been particularly illusive.

And then eBay brought came up trumps and it's quite a nice coloured piece too. Not in hand yet but I've posted the eBay listing image in lieu of its arrival. So I'm not sure if I'm up for another challenge but it's been fun building and dismantling many fantastic collecting line.

:o
Wow did you get it?

UK

I did, and what a great example too. Very pleased, thanks for asking.

Libraraptor

Quote from: UK on October 28, 2018, 07:32:07 PM
I did, and what a great example too. Very pleased, thanks for asking.

Congratulations!

I Love it! Just the Kind of figure that makes collecting worthwhile.

Bokisaurus

Wonderful, glad you finally got that figure you have been hunting for a while!
Is that mosasaur the JP one from Japan? Looks really nice.

UK

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 30, 2018, 05:48:04 PM
Wonderful, glad you finally got that figure you have been hunting for a while!
Is that mosasaur the JP one from Japan? Looks really nice.

Thanks Boki. It is the Japanese version I grabbed courtesy of Brett. Looks very nice though it does wobble on the stand 😊

UK

And now for something completely different.... Unfortunately a former member I commissioned to paint an almost complete set of Antediluvian Miniatures has still not sent them back after 2 years so I've duck and dived to begin to rebuild the collection and have them painted. So the very talented people at AM - also member on the forum (thank you Andrew) - have helped me begin. The items are in transit so I have teasers but my own scratchy photos would never do them justice......

Shonisaurus

What coolest representations of the dinosaurs of The Crystal Palace in London. Nice acquisitions. I congratulate you UK.

Bokisaurus

Beautiful figures of such classic species as well as style ^-^

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: UK on November 29, 2018, 05:03:31 PM
Unfortunately a former member I commissioned to paint an almost complete set of Antediluvian Miniatures has still not sent them back after 2 years

I hope she's not the same DTF member from north Europe I commissioned a set of Shapeways figures to be painted on 2015 and she never sent them back...  :-\

Invicta Hunter

Great figures mate, the paint jobs are really good as well.
They will fit nicely into your collection for sure.

UK

Cheers Jim. Shame you didn't get the megatherium the other night.

postsaurischian

Wonderful paint job on that ancient Megalosaurus. Can't wait to see the Antediluvians :) .

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: UK on November 29, 2018, 10:12:26 PM

Yeah it was nice but still i have the hyaenodon and the placerias head.
Did you win the meg?

UK

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on November 30, 2018, 12:48:56 AM

Did you win the meg?

I didn't but I did win this one through my friend in Hamburg. He won quite a number though I'm sure the postage will be a killer for him.

Good on you for getting at least two skulls. Really unique piece of history mate.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BBC-walking-with-Beasts-TV-series-Gastorinis-head-CGI-scan-model/233015347265?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: UK on November 30, 2018, 12:05:51 PM

Did you win the meg?

I didn't but I did win this one through my friend in Hamburg. He won quite a number though I'm sure the postage will be a killer for him.

Good on you for getting at least two skulls. Really unique piece of history mate.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BBC-walking-with-Beasts-TV-series-Gastorinis-head-CGI-scan-model/233015347265?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Good to know you won one mate, they are a nice bit of history to own.
They do weigh a lot so your friend must have to pay a lot out on shipping.

Only the placerias is a head, the hyaenodon i bought is the full model.

UK

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on November 30, 2018, 02:53:18 PM
Quote from: UK on November 30, 2018, 12:05:51 PM

Did you win the meg?

Good to know you won one mate, they are a nice bit of history to own.
They do weigh a lot so your friend must have to pay a lot out on shipping.

Only the placerias is a head, the hyaenodon i bought is the full model.

I don't envy the post man delivering his winnings!!! What are the models made out of? They look spectacular and I think probably a real bargain. Will you consider getting yours painted? I thinking of mounting mine line a gargoyle in my bathroom  ;D

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.