News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Uk - fascination with the Land of the Rising Sun

Started by UK, March 24, 2014, 05:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: UK on November 30, 2018, 04:26:59 PM
Quote from: Invicta Hunter on November 30, 2018, 02:53:18 PM
Quote from: UK on November 30, 2018, 12:05:51 PM
Quote from: Invicta Hunter on November 30, 2018, 12:48:56 AM
Quote from: UK on November 29, 2018, 10:12:26 PM
Cheers Jim. Shame you didn't get the megatherium the other night.

Yeah it was nice but still i have the hyaenodon and the placerias head.
Did you win the meg?

I didn't but I did win this one through my friend in Hamburg. He won quite a number though I'm sure the postage will be a killer for him.

Good on you for getting at least two skulls. Really unique piece of history mate.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BBC-walking-with-Beasts-TV-series-Gastorinis-head-CGI-scan-model/233015347265?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Good to know you won one mate, they are a nice bit of history to own.
They do weigh a lot so your friend must have to pay a lot out on shipping.

Only the placerias is a head, the hyaenodon i bought is the full model.

I don't envy the post man delivering his winnings!!! What are the models made out of? They look spectacular and I think probably a real bargain. Will you consider getting yours painted? I thinking of mounting mine line a gargoyle in my bathroom  ;D

I think their made of resin (or something like it) cast around a metal frame. I like mine unpainted plus i dont think it would look that good as the mammals dont have any fur just the muscles. I guess the fur was left off so the animators could better see how the animal would have moved.

Yeah yours would look great mounted on a wall plaque and would definitely be a better candidate for painting.

UK

The antediluvian miniatures have arrived, fantastic despite royal mail breaking one of them. More later but here they are in my usual blurry unprofessional photographic style...

Shonisaurus

What more lovely figures UK! I congratulate you on your good taste. Sincerely it must be very nice to see in London (in your homeland Great Britain) the dinosaurs of Crystal Palace London made in the Victorian era, those replicas that fortunately you have are a living reflection of the dinosaurs represented in that set of sculptures made in the Victorian era.  :)

UK

A bit of a departure from my current collecting vogue of small unusual or vintage figures. Here we have a little piece of television history with one of the sculpts used in the BBC's Walking with Beasts. It might be used as a gargoyle substitute by our front door to ward off evil spirits.

It's surprisingly robust and weighs in at a healthy 1.5 kilos.

Invicta Hunter

UK

Bokisaurus

Shonisaurus

How much did that gastornis head cost you based on the successful BBC WWB series? It's great UK.

Halichoeres

What a cool piece of history (prehistory?). Congrats.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

UK

A rare new acquisition for me. A wonderful vintage Miller Protoceratops courtesy of the invicta hunter. I also took a little time out to rearrange a shelf too.

url=https://postimg.cc/zy5BXBqQ][/url]

Shonisaurus

Magnificent acquisition and magnificent protoceratops UK.

Derek.McManus

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Beautiful figure, nice Crystal Palace dinosaurs
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Roselaar

Excellent figures, wonderful diversity! Love the retrosaurs. :)

UK

Three new figures received recently and proudly on display.

A truly beautiful flat metal pair. What a fabulous scene and such detail.

From my daughter for my birthday, a large Kaiyodo T-Rex. My first dinosaur figure present for over 40 years.

And finally, a wonderful little Bullyland Plateosaurus courtesy of Invicta Hunter.

Lanthanotus

Congratulations to your birthday and that nice figure. I am happy for you, your daughter found a present you like :D

Shonisaurus

Happy birthday UK that gift that your daughter has given you is worth more than all the money in the world. The sentimental or filial value is superior to any wealth of this world. I congratulate you on your new figures and you already know that I visit your forum assiduously.

Halichoeres

Happy belated! Are those Brumm flats? Those really are beautiful.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

UK

I don't normally collect porcelain figures but I've received these two very beautiful figures from two friends. One being a rare 1960's Norcrest piece made in Japan and the other is unknown to me (any info gratefully received). Both are precious so I need to be careful with them.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.