News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Uk - fascination with the Land of the Rising Sun

Started by UK, March 24, 2014, 05:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

I can't supply information on the unknown figure, only admiration. A lovely pair of porcelain figures.

PhilSauria

Great additions! One decidedly old-school Sauropod and one a bit contemporary in its realization. I really like the striped one.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: UK on April 25, 2019, 09:42:16 PM
I don't normally collect porcelain figures but I've received these two very beautiful figures from two friends. One being a rare 1960's Norcrest piece made in Japan and the other is unknown to me (any info gratefully received). Both are precious so I need to be careful with them.

It's from a russian artist called Nikolay Abramovich.
It's from a series of 7 figures produced in different shade of colours.
The "orange" ones:

Once they were common on Ebay.

I have the Labyrinthodon ( Mastodonsaurus torvus ) in my collection:

More pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157691109926473/with/41597692641/

UK

Thanks for the info. I'll have a look tonight.

UK

I was lucky to receive a couple of packages in the past couple of days and will need to pick up one further from the post office tomorrow. The package holds something very special, a sneak peak is at the bottom of the page!

So first up, courtesy of Brett, a set from Konami depicting scenes from King Kong - 1930's style. Lovely monochrome set!

Next up, a delightful little set from Bandai - the Complete Works of the Dinosaur (thank you SBell!). Including the beautiful cards.

And finally..... the actual models painted for the original mock ups used on the Antediluvian Miniatures.... Will look good with my existing three pieces.

BrontoScorpio

I love the Pteranodon & Apatosaurus from your 'King Kong' set -
never seen them before - looks vintage indeed.

The Bandai set is, from some reason, impossible to get.
I don't understand why - as after all, it looks like a cheap small set.
not all figures are nicely made - but I find the Baryonyx & Tsintaosaurus irresistible.

I see you have special connections with the Antediluvian company.
good for you - what I got was a plastic body with 4 pewter legs ...
I think I saw this particular model also as a Japanese brand - don't remember now exactly where ...

UK

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on May 24, 2019, 07:48:20 AM

I see you have special connections with the Antediluvian company.
good for you - what I got was a plastic body with 4 pewter legs ...

I would have received the same but I commissioned the proprietor to make them up for me. Due to time constraints they could not mock mine up so simply sent their originals. And I think they are rather dashing with my Dawn of the Dinosaur figures. I have the Allosaurus too, will ask for that to be completed when funds permit.

Halichoeres

Those Antediluvian pieces are a real treasure for the collector of oddities and rarities. Very nice display.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bokisaurus

Amazing new addition! Those loos awesome and really displays nicely with Dawn of the Dino figures above it! Congratulations ^-^

Shonisaurus

These "retro" Victorian dinosaur figures are a real gem. I congratulate you on your additions RU.

UK

Just added the other two Kaiyodo Rex figures. They really are amazing. I have a duplicate of the special version boxed and in as new condition (see my sales thread).

And an alternative photo of my re-painted OG figure. Hard to believe these are over 80 years old!

UK

I don't get too many new additions these days but grabbed a Battat Rex hidden away in a UK ebay auction. Anyone know which version this one is please?

Looks lovely with the kaiyodo group.

Shonisaurus

avatar_UK @UK Hi UK, I'm pretty sure it's the third version of Battat's tyrannosaurus from the Boston Museum for a simple reason, its hozico is longer, the first and second versions have a flatter hozico being the second version of the "feet of snow" and that stands up with tiny plastic platforms. The most valuable is the first version that is like the second but without the "feet of snow".

UK

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 09, 2019, 09:17:24 PM
avatar_UK @UK Hi UK, I'm pretty sure it's the third version of Battat's tyrannosaurus from the Boston Museum for a simple reason, its hozico is longer, the first and second versions have a flatter hozico being the second version of the "feet of snow" and that stands up with tiny plastic platforms. The most valuable is the first version that is like the second but without the "feet of snow".

I suspected it was the 3rd edition but thank you Manuel for confirming.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: UK on July 10, 2019, 08:02:28 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 09, 2019, 09:17:24 PM

I suspected it was the 3rd edition but thank you Manuel for confirming.

Thanks to you avatar_UK @UK I'm glad you could have helped.

Bokisaurus

Hey, nice to see a big Battat in the collection, still one of my favorite rex figure.
It's always great to see a photo update of your collection, and congrats on those priceless OG figures!

UK

Not posted for a long while due to a reduction in activity. My bathroom has been taken over somewhat by my amateur displays.

I must say the new papo dinosaur is a beast...

Shonisaurus

Nice and cool UK collection especially I like your Vintage figures apart from the Papo spinosaurus of 2019. Congratulations you see a lot of order and cleanliness on your shelves.

UK

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 14, 2020, 09:48:19 PM
Nice and cool UK collection especially I like your Vintage figures apart from the Papo spinosaurus of 2019. Congratulations you see a lot of order and cleanliness on your shelves.

Thanks Manuel, my wife does'nt like dinosaur figures. So if I keep them nice and tidy and contained in this bathroom then I just about get away with it. Might change about some figures soon so will post again with a different set of vintag figures.

Hope you are well.

Bokisaurus

es, great to see updates! I love that Crystal Palace igunadon large figure!
And that Papo Spino, he is amazing... I'm about to pose my review of it on the blog :))

And a BIG congrats on your win on that WWD, you now join the elite group of people who own that near mythical figure! :D
I can't wait to see photos of it. Hope all is well, cheers!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.