News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Tamba Sauropod

Started by UK, April 16, 2014, 02:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UK

Hi all, sorry for the new thread and not adding to the existing Favorite one, but....

I have a friend in Japan who has been in contact with the museum which has sponsored the production. Apparently they have been excited to find out that some of their items have 'escaped' overseas and are proud that people have collected them. They are producing a community paper and would like to publish a photo or two of people holding the figure and also showing it in their collections.

So I challenge the forum to fill this with photos  of the figure with their collection and for those brave enough, with photos of ourselves. Also some comments on how much we like the figure would be nice too. I would then send the link on for this to be shared with the community there.

So how about it?

Roselaar

I would love to, but I need to get one first and that's the real challenge...

EDIT: thank to you, it proved less of a challenge all of a sudden. :) Hopefully I'll be able to take a pic soon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Would be much easier to do for sure if they were a bit more readily available.. lol

Libraraptor

Here you are  :) Greetings from Germany!

Roselaar

My God, that's one awesome collection there...

BTW, does the figure have to be removed from its packaging for the photos? I plan to keep mine unopened.

UK

However you wish... Just don't forget to say cheese :-)

Libraraptor

Quote from: Roselaar on April 16, 2014, 05:41:10 PM
My God, that's one awesome collection there...

BTW, does the figure have to be removed from its packaging for the photos? I plan to keep mine unopened.

Thank you :)

One can easily open and close the packaging without leaving a trace on it, just a small cut in the adhesive tapes connecting the cardboard board and the transparent stamping. It´s not glued to it as with Star Wars figures packaging.

EmperorDinobot

ProSauropod

Thank you Favorite !  While undoubtedly a Sauropod, there is an almost delicate feel to the sculpture.  Despite the size, noticeable even when on the Planet Sauropod shelf with the others.  Very much worth the effort  :)

UK

After a tiring day, but to say thank you to the museum at Tamba...

Bokisaurus

[
[
Here is mine with hie new friends :))

UK

Quote from: Bokisaurus on April 18, 2014, 07:29:37 PM
[
[
Here is mine with hie new friends :))

But where are you Boki?

Libraraptor

(My fingers bleed from scrolling :D :)))

Yes, Boki, the pics were supposed to show the collector as well :))

UK

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 22, 2014, 02:33:43 PM
(My fingers bleed from scrolling :D :)))

Yes, Boki, the pics were supposed to show the collector as well :))

I sent a quick email to Hirokazu Tokugawa mentioning our forum and those who have braved posting themselves with his sculpt. He, along with the Museum who have also seen this thread are excited to see where the models have landed.

So please add to the thread, unmask yourselves.

Here is his response....

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your e-mail.
I'm very pleased that your introductory article of Tamba sauropod toy on the forum.
I'm surprised to know that you and some foreign people got the toy.

It is one of my objectives that sculpting prehistoric animals for toys more scientifically with paleontologists.
I hope that you like my next work.

Best regards,

Hirokazu Tokugawa

Roselaar

Mine is still in the mail, but I hope to get pics up soon.

It's gonna be very interesting to see what Mr. Tokugawa's next work is... :)

UK

Quote from: Roselaar on April 22, 2014, 09:14:18 PM
Mine is still in the mail, but I hope to get pics up soon.

It's gonna be very interesting to see what Mr. Tokugawa's next work is... :)

Hope it gets to you soon and the postal system is kind to the packaging too.

So Invicta Hunter and Blackdanter need to oblige too  ;)

I have asked him but as yet he has not revealed his intentions. May be we could inspire him to produce something for the forum with us supporting his work?

Roselaar

Figure arrived today.  ^-^ Unfortunately anyone that could take my picture with it has skipped town for King's Day. So that has to be put on hold, as experiments with selfies yielded embarrassing results. But at least here is a pic of the figure's current whereabouts:

Hopefully I can get a picture with myself and this beastie up next week...

Libraraptor

That Papo Plesiosaur looks like it has a feathered headdress thanks to the Archaeopteryx :)) Now after Raptors having feathers and Ornithischians quills and some even paint furry sauropods, we have feathered Plesiosaurs, too :)) :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Out of curiosity and maybe I missed it..where are all these coming from ? :?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 24, 2014, 10:08:27 PM
Out of curiosity and maybe I missed it..where are all these coming from ? :?
Original there was a Japanese seller offering them on eBay for about a hundred dollars, but someone else got ahold of some of them, and has been selling them for a more reasonable price.

I don't think the auction is active right now, but you can find it easily on eBay via a search.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.