News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2014

Started by DinoToyForum, April 26, 2014, 02:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

As announced on the Dinosaur Toy Blog: http://dinotoyblog.com/2014/04/26/the-dinosaur-toy-forum-diorama-contest-2014/

It's that time of year again! I'm delighted to announce The Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2014 sponsored by Everything Dinosaur! We have some wonderful prizes this year courtesy of our generous sponsor - Everything Dinosaur!

Above: the winning dinosaur diorama 2013: Three angry chicks at work, by federreptil
The winning dinosaur diorama of the 2013 Dinosaur Toy Forum Contest sponsored by Safari Ltd: Three angry chicks at work, by federreptil

Rules and regulations

The rules and regulations for the 2014 contest are as follows:

-Entry is free.

-All members of The Dinosaur Toy Forum, including staff, are invited to participate. Non-members wishing to participate are invited to register to the forum, this is free.

-Dioramas have to feature prehistoric creatures: from trilobites to Triceratops, it doesn't matter, so long as it is prehistoric.

-The deadline for entries is Saturday 27th September 2014. (Entries received after 23:59 hours (11.59pm) GMT on September 27th will be invalid.)

-One diorama per member. Once submitted it cannot be exchanged for an alternative entry.

-Entries must be accompanied by a creative title.

-Dioramas have to be new (never published on the web before) and you must have produced the diorama yourself. Stealing somebody else's diorama will result in disqualification.

-Photoshop is allowed, but the original photograph(s) must be your own.

-Winners will be selected by a poll open to all Dinosaur Toy Forum members (there will be no professional judges), that will take place shortly after the closing date. There will be three winners in first, second and third place respectively (no joint positions), as selected by the poll. In the event of a tie for any position, a tie-break poll will be created. There will also be three non-prize winning honourable mentions.

Prizes

A selection of dinosaur figures, kindly provided by Everything Dinosaur, will be awarded to the first, second and third place winners. The prizes will be as follows:

1st Place Prize
The first place prize is five figures, to be chosen from the following list:

Collecta 1:40 Carcharodontosaurus (88642)
Collecta 1:40 Therizinosaurus (88675)
Collecta 1:20 Arsinotherium (88695)
Collecta Mosasaurus (88677)
Collecta Stegosaurus Corpse (88643)
Papo Dilophosaurus (55035)
Papo Baby Triceratops (55036)
Papo Archaeopteryx (55034)
Bullyland Lambeosaurus (324589)
Bullyland Europasaurus (324401)
Schleich Pentaceratops (14531)
Schleich New T. rex (14528)

2nd Place Prize
Second place prize is four figures, to be chosen from the above list as it stands after the first place winner has chosen.

3rd Place Prize
Third place prize is three figures: those figures remaining from the above list after the first and second place winners have chosen.

How to enter

-Entries will remain anonymous until the winners are announced. For this reason we request that entrants do no watermark or sign their entries.

-Entries should be submitted as a .jpg file 1000px wide.

-Entries should be sent via email as an attachment to [email protected]. The email title should read as follows: "dinosaur diorama contest 2014 - [forum username]", and the email body should include the diorama title.

You can take inspiration from the previous diorama contest entries on The Dinosaur Toy Forum version 1 archive here (2010), here (2009) and here (2008), and on The Dinosaur Toy Forum here (2012) and here (2013). Questions and queries can be posted as a comment below, or preferably in the appropriate thread on the Dinosaur Toy Forum (a thread will be created there shortly). Thanks again to our kind sponsor, Everything Dinosaur, and last but not least...good luck to everyone!

verinnius

This is exciting.  I'm going to have to enter this year, and I look forward to seeing everyone's entries!

Oh, I don't think the links, at the bottom of the post, to the previous contests are working.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

DinoToyForum

Quote from: verinnius on April 26, 2014, 07:23:39 PM
This is exciting.  I'm going to have to enter this year, and I look forward to seeing everyone's entries!

Oh, I don't think the links, at the bottom of the post, to the previous contests are working.

They are working for me, are you sure? :)

verinnius

That's weird, I use Chrome normally, and they aren't going through for me.  I tried IE and still nothing.  Maybe my computer is trying to tell me I need to take a break? haha

SpittersForEver

DinoToyForum

Ah, my mistake! I was checking the links on the blog but not the forum. Fixed!

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Thanks for keeping us updated, Dr. Admin! Very excited for the contest this year.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Federreptil

Oh, I'm so excited, here is a contest this year again!
It's fine that there is such a great sponsor, but I would participate the contest in any case. I like the idea of photographing dioramas itself. In the next months I have to reduce my investigations in the dinosaur worlds to one or two dioramas. But that's my mesozonic fun for this year. Although I still slip sometimes up in grabbing the facts of the species and some more studies should have been done. So I'm already in preparations for this year and can't wait till September.

SpittersForEver

Libraraptor

At last! Contests are always very exciting! Again my aim is not to achieve the last place  ^-^ :D

amargasaurus cazaui

I never have to aim for that Libra, it just cames naturally. Just watch how I do it and you should do as poorly as you plan to Ha !
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Turret

I'm excited to participate again, I've been throwing around some ideas in my head.

DinoToyForum

Sounds like there's going to be a good turn out again this year! That's great! Taking part is just as important as winning - that's what makes it an event :)

tyrantqueen

I would like to enter this year but if I was to do so it would take me at least a year to prepare my entry >:D I'm the sort of person who has to do stuff their own way, and to their own standards, otherwise it wouldn't get done at all. Perhaps I shall start planning for next years' contest right now :o

Libraraptor

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 27, 2014, 05:35:20 PM
I would like to enter this year but if I was to do so it would take me at least a year to prepare my entry >:D I'm the sort of person who has to do stuff their own way, and to their own standards, otherwise it wouldn't get done at all. Perhaps I shall start planning for next years' contest right now :o

Ah, a perfectionist ;) But regarding the ending time in September, you should be able to build something extraordinary, shouldn´t you?

@amargasaurus: Did I get you right that you were last place last contest?

ZoPteryx

fabricious

Since I only recently joined the forum and didn't witness the last one: do the prehistoric animals that are featured in the diorama have to be toys? Or is it also possible to use self made sculptures/casts? I would definitely like to jump on the bandwagon!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: fabricious on May 06, 2014, 08:11:34 PM
Since I only recently joined the forum and didn't witness the last one: do the prehistoric animals that are featured in the diorama have to be toys? Or is it also possible to use self made sculptures/casts? I would definitely like to jump on the bandwagon!
I think it's fine. I remember a few contests ago we had someone enter a sculpture they had created themselves from scratch (Zopteryx I think?) as well as someone who used a Sideshow Tyrannosaurus rex in their entry.

fabricious

Great! :) Then I should start thinking of a theme, I think.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.