News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2014

Started by DinoToyForum, April 26, 2014, 02:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 27, 2014, 10:19:09 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 27, 2014, 10:13:09 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 27, 2014, 10:08:10 PM
Glad I got mine in early before the deadline this year and was able to create one that noone , not even the all knowing Gwangi, will figure out is mine !

Challenge accepted!  8)

Figured as much, you have a natural gift for that

I don't know that I would go that far but it's certainly part of the fun of looking through them all. I get the feeling there will be a big turn out this year, I'm looking forward to seeing the entries.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on September 27, 2014, 10:24:28 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 27, 2014, 10:19:09 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 27, 2014, 10:13:09 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 27, 2014, 10:08:10 PM
Glad I got mine in early before the deadline this year and was able to create one that noone , not even the all knowing Gwangi, will figure out is mine !

Challenge accepted!  8)

Were you able to provide your normal high caliber entry this year Gwangi? You generally add to the choices nicely

Figured as much, you have a natural gift for that

I don't know that I would go that far but it's certainly part of the fun of looking through them all. I get the feeling there will be a big turn out this year, I'm looking forward to seeing the entries.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

The weather didn't quite work in my favor so I ultimately had to settle something I'm not as confident about. It was a busy summer, I bought a house and for most of the summer my dinosaurs were packed away. I have some really great ideas that will take a bit more effort to pull off but those will have to wait. I don't think I submitted a winner but I'm sure I'll get a few votes and rank somewhere in the middle, like I usually do.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on September 27, 2014, 11:18:01 PM
The weather didn't quite work in my favor so I ultimately had to settle something I'm not as confident about. It was a busy summer, I bought a house and for most of the summer my dinosaurs were packed away. I have some really great ideas that will take a bit more effort to pull off but those will have to wait. I don't think I submitted a winner but I'm sure I'll get a few votes and rank somewhere in the middle, like I usually do.
I have never sent in a winner and generally happy just to be noticed and not bomb utterly, but you seem to always have some good compositions
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Will_Oliveira

Hi there people!

I'm new around, and this amazing contest motivated me to register to the forum! Really, one of the coolest contest on the Internet haha  :))
Anyway I'm really excited to see the entries. The previous contests were really cool too, I could not stay out this year.
Gook luck everyone!

And hope to learn with you all too.

Hugs!

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 27, 2014, 11:26:39 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 27, 2014, 11:18:01 PM
I have never sent in a winner and generally happy just to be noticed and not bomb utterly, but you seem to always have some good compositions

Likewise, I'm just happy to get some votes. Your entries have been pretty good too, you always photograph some really interesting and beautiful models.

Hynerpeton

I never win anything either. But it is still fun to do. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

DinoToyForum

And that's it, the contest is closed! I continued to receive entries up to, and literally including, the last minute. Talk about cutting things fine!

I'll send out the last few formal confirmations tomorrow and try and set up the poll tomorrow too.

With over 50 entries this year, I can promise a biggie  :D

Gwangi

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 28, 2014, 12:15:17 AM
And that's it, the contest is closed! I continued to receive entries up to, and literally including, the last minute. Talk about cutting things fine!

I'll send out the last few formal confirmations tomorrow and try and set up the poll tomorrow too.

With over 50 entries this year, I can promise a biggie  :D

We're all so excited, it's like Christmas on the Dino Toy Forum.

DinoLord

Looks like it'll be tough voting this year!

Balaur

Wow! That's gonna be hard to pick and choose!

Hynerpeton

WOW 50!!!!  :o Good luck and congrats everyone who entered. We are all winners. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

DinoToyForum

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

Everything_Dinosaur

On behalf of everyone at Everything Dinosaur, we just wanted to congratulate all the 2014 The Dinosaur Toy Forum diorama contest entrants.  The standard is very high once again this year and we at Everything Dinosaur are very proud to sponsor this competition.  We look forward to sending out the prizes.

Good luck to everyone in the vote.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on September 29, 2014, 09:14:13 PM
On behalf of everyone at Everything Dinosaur, we just wanted to congratulate all the 2014 The Dinosaur Toy Forum diorama contest entrants.  The standard is very high once again this year and we at Everything Dinosaur are very proud to sponsor this competition.  We look forward to sending out the prizes.

Good luck to everyone in the vote.

Thanks and thank you. :)
Walking With Monsers:

laticauda

Everything_Dinosaur

Looking forward to hearing which of the entries have won the vote.  We are getting quite excited about the prospect of sending out the prizes.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on October 06, 2014, 11:32:58 AM
Looking forward to hearing which of the entries have won the vote.  We are getting quite excited about the prospect of sending out the prizes.

Me too. :)
Walking With Monsers:

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.