News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2014

Started by DinoToyForum, April 26, 2014, 02:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 06, 2014, 09:05:19 PM
Quote from: fabricious on May 06, 2014, 08:11:34 PM
Since I only recently joined the forum and didn't witness the last one: do the prehistoric animals that are featured in the diorama have to be toys? Or is it also possible to use self made sculptures/casts? I would definitely like to jump on the bandwagon!
I think it's fine. I remember a few contests ago we had someone enter a sculpture they had created themselves from scratch (Zopteryx I think?) as well as someone who used a Sideshow Tyrannosaurus rex in their entry.

Yep, anything goes, really. :)

DinoToyForum

The first entries are already starting to trickle in  8)

SpittersForEver

I'm going to do one next year and start planning now.

Ridureyu

How accurate does it need to be?

Do you need to use the most accurate models possible (so no Papo)?

Can you mix dinos from different eras if it looks cool?

Can you include Godzilla?

Or amybe something in-between?

tyrantqueen

There are no rules regarding accuracy. You can make it is an accurate or non accurate as you wish, but you will be judged for it. Most people will give votes for something that is well researched and photographed. So, it's in your best interest to make it as accurate as you can.

You can use whatever models you want. And yes, you can mix dinosaurs from different eras, but most people wouldn't do that. It will hurt your performance in the long run.

I don't think Godzilla is allowed. He is not a real dinosaur.

Ridureyu

I'm looking at things like Papo - those dinosaurs look excellent in a photo, but we know they aren't accurate. But they look so good...

Or hey, who doesn't want to see a picture of a T-Rex nosing around a crashed time machine?

tyrantqueen

I recall last year's winner did use the Papo Tyrannosaurus in his entry. You could use them if you wanted. But it's best to have all your bases covered, you know? Some people might be fussy about accuracy and decide to not vote for your entry because, for example, your diorama included grass when it shouldn't have.

Ridureyu

If we could re-use already-published work, I would probably have used this:

But as you see, I already put it on flickr!  I might make something similar just because of the perspective/illusion of motion, though the backdrop would hav to be changed a lot.

But I am considering a crashed time machine.

Everything_Dinosaur

Nice pic, very clever and creative, we really like photos like this that convey a sense of movement.

Ridureyu

Right, the only issue is that it's been published. Well, I've got time to think of what to do!

Hynerpeton

I know have not been on in awhile. But I feel like doing this. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Hynerpeton

Got my idea and going to make the pic now. Btw can i share the pics for the contest that did not make the cut? Only sharing my real pic via email for now. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Yutyrannus

You can post the pics as long as they're not of the same diorama.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Hynerpeton

All sent. :)

Ps good luck to everyone who enters. :)
Walking With Monsers:

Hynerpeton

Quote from: Yutyrannus on June 03, 2014, 01:21:07 AM
You can post the pics as long as they're not of the same diorama.

Thanks. No worries they aren't. One pic i have to do again. Don't like the way it looked. If i can get it to look good will add as part of my sig. But its a big if.
Walking With Monsers:

DinoToyForum

Just a reminder for all entrants to include a title with your entry :)

dino

im going to attempt to enter with all my dinosaur toys i could do anything acually :-\ i dont have a lot of realistic dinosaurs

Nebuloid

Ok I might have an idea for a diorama, I'm allowed to photoshop a background into it right ? ( background will be my own photo...)

Nebuloid

Libraraptor

Yeah, the day before yesterday I sent my contribution to Adam! Looking forward to seeing it among the others! Good luck everyone!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.