News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Guest reviews for the dinotoyblog

Started by Hynerpeton, June 06, 2014, 11:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hynerpeton

Where can i write a review on a figure? Got new Megalodon and want to write a review for it. :)

Edit by Admin: Here are the instructions for guest reviewers: http://dinotoyblog.com/submit-a-review/  C:-)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

SpittersForEver

The dinosaur to blog, you can find this on Google search or on blog and more :)

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

sauroid

scroll up, right below the DTF banner there's "Blog and more...", point your cursor, then click The Dinosaur Toy Blog...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoToyForum

Here are instructions on how to submit a review to the dinotoyblog: http://dinotoyblog.com/submit-a-review/ :)

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:

Hynerpeton

Will I get an email also when the review is up?
Walking With Monsers:

SpittersForEver

DinoToyForum

Quote from: predino on June 08, 2014, 08:02:49 PM

It was a bit brief, a single paragraph isn't really enough, so I won't post it. :-[ thanks all the same :) See the existing reviews for an idea of roughly how long reviews should be.

Hynerpeton

Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 08, 2014, 09:25:58 PM
Quote from: predino on June 08, 2014, 08:02:49 PM

It was a bit brief, a single paragraph isn't really enough, so I won't post it. :-[ thanks all the same :) See the existing reviews for an idea of roughly how long reviews should be.

Oh ok. No prob. :)
Walking With Monsers:

DinoToyForum

We are very grateful for all the guest reviews we receive and are posting more of them now than ever before.  However, the high volume of guest reviews has led us to reconsider the submission process. In particular, it has become apparent that we need to balance the system to:

1. Avoid duplicate submissions. 
2. Give DinoToyBlog reviewers priority over guest reviewers.

So, we are introducing a new step for guests to request permission via [email protected] prior to writing/submitting their review. Please make a note of this going forward and I'll update the DinoToyBlog submissions page soon with full instructions.

Paleona

I'll keep an eye out for that update, because there are a few (older) figures I'm interested in reviewing this year~ being more organized about accepted submissions sounds like a great idea!

Dilopho

What about if the existing review isn't..."full"? Like, the Jurassic Park Utahraptor, which seems a little short.

Some of them don't even have photographs.
Maybe we can update them.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Paleona on May 25, 2018, 03:30:22 PM
I'll keep an eye out for that update, because there are a few (older) figures I'm interested in reviewing this year~ being more organized about accepted submissions sounds like a great idea!

Requesting to review old figures will be a formality as there isn't much competition for them. In contrast, there tends to be a bit of a clamour for newly released figures.

suspsy

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 25, 2018, 06:53:00 PM
Quote from: Paleona on May 25, 2018, 03:30:22 PM

Requesting to review old figures will be a formality as there isn't much competition for them. In contrast, there tends to be a bit of a clamour for newly released figures.

Yeah, that's the main reason why this new regulation has come about. Nearly every JWFK review so far has been done by a guest reviewer, and while they've all been well-written, it's not fair for the regular reviewers to feel pressured or shunted to the sidelines.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Dilopho

I see no reason why a page for a figure can't include multiple reviews..

In fact, why can't there be some sort of system where we can add , like...blurbs?
Does that make sense? I'm pretty tired right now, so I probably don't make sense.
But...I'm talking, like...short, maybe paragraph-length reviews tacked onto a "main review"...
Like at the bottom of an Amazon page.

Or even something in the comments,...I don't know.  :P

I just see no reason for the main reviewers to feel shunned.
In my mind, we're a pretty inclusive community. I feel like we're all important.
Of course, the main reviewers should get more priority, but ..eh, I don't even know how to explain what I mean.
I should probably sleep.

Faelrin

A system for multiple reviews on a figure would be interesting. Maybe even a thread here could suffice for such a thing. It would be interesting to read different opinions and experiences on a figure, old and new. Not that I think such a thing is a dire necessity, but still an interesting idea nonetheless.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

We're not doing multiple reviews, folks. It would be both redundant and unnecessary, not to mention a huge amount of work.

DinoToyForum

The updated review instructions: http://dinotoyblog.com/submit-a-review/

We are going to test this out for a month and see how it goes. :)

I also increased the preferred image size from 700px wide to 1000px wide.

suspsy

If there is anyone in possession of the Paleo-Creatures Chilesaurus and would like to write a review on it, then please do so. As you can see, the current review of Jesus Toledo's work is rather lacking in detail. New photos are unnecessary as you can see.

http://dinotoyblog.com/2018/02/04/chilesaurus-paleo-creatures/

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.