News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Guest reviews for the dinotoyblog

Started by Hynerpeton, June 06, 2014, 11:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

IrritatorRaji

avatar_suspsy @suspsy When I'm done, do you want me to send it to the DTB like a normal review or should I send it to you directly?

suspsy

DinoToyForum

We've reverted the guest review submission process so you're no longer required to put in a request prior to submission: http://dinotoyblog.com/submit-a-review/

Dinotoyblog authors will still take priority if they have a review planned so it is worth checking first if you want to ensure this doesn't happen. :) We might post a schedule of planned reviews to make life easier for everyone.

Loon

Has anyone reviewed the roarivores Ankylosaurus yet? If not, I could do it.

I'm also getting the Paleo-Creatures Dakotaraptor, Mei, and Pakicetus, I can do them too.

DinoToyForum

avatar_Loon @Loon, I will add you to the reviewers board so you can join the planned reviews discussion thread there. :)

Loon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 30, 2018, 04:40:15 PM
avatar_Loon @Loon, I will add you to the reviewers board so you can join the planned reviews discussion thread there. :)
Thanks!

Sketchy

So this is just a question so if you know the answer then reply. So I submitted a review of the Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor and im wondering how long it'll take for the admins to review and publish the review. Also is there a way to know if will be posted or if its not a good enough review.

suspsy

Got it. It's a good review and it will eventually be posted, however, there is presently a large number of pending guest reviews in the queue, so it will probably not go up for a couple of weeks. In the mean time, I just sent you an email regarding the images.

DinoToyForum

Thanks avatar_suspsy @suspsy

Also, topic merged and moved.  C:-)

Funk

Could there be a way to get draft versions of guest reviews reviewed here on the forum? Sometimes reviews seem to have omissions or inaccuracies that could probably be caught here before publication.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Funk on August 29, 2019, 06:30:00 PM
Could there be a way to get draft versions of guest reviews reviewed here on the forum? Sometimes reviews seem to have omissions or inaccuracies that could probably be caught here before publication.

Nah, would be too much bother, but if you spot any inaccuracies in a blog review, just flag them in a comment and the author (or and editor) can correct them. In-blog editing is much easier – the blog isn't a published book, so things can be tweaked indefinitely. :) Were there any inaccuracies you had in mind?

suspsy

Quote from: Funk on August 29, 2019, 06:30:00 PM

If a guest review is indeed found to have an omission or an inaccuracy (I only edit guest reviews for spelling and grammar unless it's a major scientific error like claiming that Allosaurus was really a tyrannosaur), people can point it out in the comment section. I'm not at all comfortable with posting drafts here so that they can be picked apart.

Funk

Yeah, the comments are a good feature which I have used a few times for this. By the way, I noticed a typo on the guest review page: http://dinotoyblog.com/submit-a-review/
QuoteReview and photogrpahs by [your name here].

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Funk on August 30, 2019, 10:52:10 AM
Yeah, the comments are a good feature which I have used a few times for this. By the way, I noticed a typo on the guest review page: http://dinotoyblog.com/submit-a-review/
QuoteReview and photogrpahs by [your name here].

Good spot! Corrected it now. Thanks!

Funk

I just sent a mail with my first guest review, hope I did it right. I wonder how images are positioned in the reviews, I guess the order is decided by whoever adds a review to the blog?

Funk

I have some unreviewed figures that I was wondering whether should be reviewed one by one or in bulk. For example, some of the below Jurassic Park metal figures came in one package, but they are pretty small and little can be said about them individually, so I wonder what would be preferred? A post for each or one covering all?

Likewise with these baby dinosaurs that came with the human Jurassic Park toys, they are small and simple, so should they be reviewed together (I think I have them all somewhere) or one by one?

suspsy

Maybe review each group together, especially if you find you don't have much to say about them as individuals.

Funk

Should be possible to say enough for an individual review of many of them now I think of it.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.