News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Forum changes

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

I've set the 'active users' summary at the bottom of the page to 1440mins (24 hours) to match the old forum.

I believe names highlighted in red are admins, those in blue are moderators. :)

DinoToyForum

I've added a quick reply box to the bottom of threads. I can remove this feature if it is deemed unnecessary.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 13, 2012, 04:33:36 PM
I've added a quick reply box to the bottom of threads. I can remove this feature if it is deemed unnecessary.

I actually like the quick reply feature...seems easier to me.

copper

am i the only one who can't see sent messages when looking into 'sent items'?
i have no way to check if the messages are really sent : P

SBell

Quote from: copper on March 17, 2012, 01:05:43 AM
am i the only one who can't see sent messages when looking into 'sent items'?
i have no way to check if the messages are really sent : P

You have to click a box to save sent messges.

Simon

I am getting adjusted to the new set-up.  I must say that the threads pages (when you go into a thread) are really appealing and a definite improvement on the old version!!

Now if we can just get the "newest posts" page to go to, say 50 posts instead of just 10, we'll be all set!  ;>)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Simon on March 17, 2012, 11:52:09 PM
I am getting adjusted to the new set-up.  I must say that the threads pages (when you go into a thread) are really appealing and a definite improvement on the old version!!

Now if we can just get the "newest posts" page to go to, say 50 posts instead of just 10, we'll be all set!  ;>)

I'm working on the latter. I may have to put the forum into maintenance mode when I do the installs. And I must remember to back up the forum database too. I must be cautious! If the forum breaks in the process, I'll blame you  :P  ;)  ;D

DinoToyForum

Someone previously requested a link to the Dinosaur Toy Blog in the main menu. Well I've added a few new items to the main menu at the top of every page. This now includes a link to the blog, v.1 archive, recent forum posts, forum rules, and eBay.

Accordingly, I've removed the links that used to follow the welcome message.

If anyone has suggestion for other links that could be added, or that could be removed, let me know.
Thanks!

DinoToyForum

A couple more forum updates - a section showing topics with recent posts:
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?action=recenttopics
I've added a link under 'Recent' in main menu.

I've also installed a mod to the info centre to show 'users in last 24 hours'. Accordingly, I've reset the 'users online' to  show only users active in the past 2 mins.

I've also found some image mods I may try out.  8)

DinoToyForum

I've installed a mod that automatically converts youtube links into embedded videos. No BBCode required. Try it out on the new youtube thread here: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,142.0.html

Tylosaurus

Do we have a type of team speak or Mumble channel where we can meet up and have a live chat session?

I dunno if you guys have a Skype channel also, might be cool to have live chat sessions also :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Tylosaurus on March 22, 2012, 10:35:20 PM
Do we have a type of team speak or Mumble channel where we can meet up and have a live chat session?

I dunno if you guys have a Skype channel also, might be cool to have live chat sessions also :)

We had that on the old forum but it was never popular, I think we can live without it.  :)

DinoToyForum

I've added a new field to the profile section where members of the v.1 forum can include their status and number of posts, if they wish. See my signature for a suggested format.

I've also added a few more smileys, including everyone's favorite  *orthocone* .
O0

Takama

>:D *orthocone* ^-^ C:-) i like those new ones
Possibilities are endless you say Dr Admin? how about a dropdown bar with all kinds of faces, for any possible use

edit, I yi yi  O0 O:-)..... :))

Example

Sleepy
Laughing
A "look it up" face with book
some other creatures
scared

DinoToyForum

I've added a few more smilies, but I don't want to get too carried away!

Tylosaurus

It would be nice if these five would be added:

But yeah it's nice to have more options :P, Please

DinoToyForum

I decided, upon reflection, that the animated emoticons were a bit too much, they didn't quite suit the mellow nature of our forum. So they are no more. Our trusty orthocone will stay, of course  8)

Tylosaurus

Is Cool 8)
No worries mate , I'll just upload them to my gallery for use then :)

Pilkington

If you're still looking for some new smilies Mazeguy has some of the best I've ever seen.
If you wanna be alone, come with me

DinoToyForum

I've added a new board to the dinosaurs section called "in the news."  ^-^

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.