News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Forum changes

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

;D  I agree with the change.  Too often it takes way to long to wade through a monumental amount of post.  Some of us don't have time to be on line 24/7.  One question though, since I don't keep track of my post, if I accidently go over will my computer implode?!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stoneage on April 07, 2012, 05:16:41 PM
;D  I agree with the change.  Too often it takes way to long to wade through a monumental amount of post.  Some of us don't have time to be on line 24/7.  One question though, since I don't keep track of my post, if I accidently go over will my computer implode?!

Haha, No it won't implode.  ;D
You'll simply get a dialogue box appear that tells you you've reached the daily limit and to wait until tomorrow to post again. Incidentally, if anyone want's to check how many posts they have remaining, the exact figure should be listed in your profile next to "Limits Posts Per Today" (I'm not responsible for the garbled english). It counts down from 20 each day, and resets at 1.00am London time.
Glad people approve of the change :)

sepp

Quote from: stoneage on April 07, 2012, 05:16:41 PM

We were having issues with computer implosions before, but we think we've isolated the bug and worked it out  ;)
If you notice any new black holes inside your office or computer room in the place where your computer once was, I can assure you - it was not a result of our post limit! :))

DinoToyForum

Tylosaurus

Just an idea :)

As the General Section explains:
Discuss anything here.

Might be an idea to change that to something else, since my art topic which was based on photography was seen as an irritation, thus it was not accepted by the admin, even that 3 other people that posted before him loved it ...
In the end I did remove my topic, just to avoid an escalation of unwanted problems, things I do not seek on any forum.

DinoToyForum

You can discuss anything in the general section so long as it isn't excessive, this is a matter of moderation. This is a dinosaur toy forum, not a general social media site. I'm being very patient here.

Tylosaurus

Apologies for not understanding your statements, they only confused me to be very honest  :-\

Seeking trouble has never been my intention, hereby I am sorry for being different.

Takama

What DA :o I cant delete a post anymore :'(

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Takama on April 13, 2012, 03:08:24 AM
What DA :o I cant delete a post anymore :'(
It's a new bug, well I think that heh.

stoneage

Quote from: Tylosaurus on April 13, 2012, 02:16:59 AM
Apologies for not understanding your statements, they only confused me to be very honest  :-\

Seeking trouble has never been my intention, hereby I am sorry for being different.

Hang in there.  Listen to what the mods tell you and if you don't understand ask for clarification. No one wants to see you go.  You may just need some behaviour modification.  I probably need some myself.  I know you have some friends here and I'm sure they would be sad and disappointed if you left.  Remember you can PM people as much as you like.  Good Luck, I hope things work out. 

Tylosaurus

I thank you greatly for your support Stoneage and yes you are right, maybe I do need a behavior lesson :)

Himmapaan

Quote from: stoneage on April 13, 2012, 04:05:53 AM
Hang in there.  Listen to what the mods tell you and if you don't understand ask for clarification. No one wants to see you go.  You may just need some behaviour modification.  I probably need some myself.  I know you have some friends here and I'm sure they would be sad and disappointed if you left.  Remember you can PM people as much as you like.  Good Luck, I hope things work out.
Thank you from my heart*, John, for your understanding and for such clear, sound advice.  :)

*I don't care if that sounds absurdly sentimental to anyone. It's bloody true.  :P

stoneage

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 13, 2012, 12:05:18 PM
Quote from: stoneage on April 13, 2012, 04:05:53 AM
Thank you from my heart*, John, for your understanding and for such clear, sound advice.  :)

*I don't care if that sounds absurdly sentimental to anyone. It's bloody true.  :P

Does this mean you forgive me for all my past transgressions?  Also what happened to the delete option?

sepp

As this point, we must ask members to please flag a post/thread and request that it be deleted :)

Tylosaurus

Now I understand why many miss the old place, no post limitations, no unwanted restrictions, like no delete function. To be very honest everyone had more freedom at the old place.

Please give back our freedom which we all had in DTF V1.
Even that the DTF Crew thinks they did this for a good cause, it's a very bad move imo. You simply can't force people to post less in any forum, that would be like restraining them or taking away their so called freedom.

Takama

In all honesty. I was somewhat against the limeted post thing.

But then i think of the number of times that i post that much on one day and realize that it isn't that often.

Tylosaurus

Quote from: Takama on April 14, 2012, 07:49:28 PM
In all honesty. I was somewhat against the limeted post thing.

But then i think of the number of times that i post that much on one day and realize that it isn't that often.

You do have a point Takama, but I guess we all have our different opinions of this limitation, that I don't like it is already known, since I had 35 to 40 posts per day :)
But all is cool for me, since I have other ways of sending a simple message 8)

DinoToyForum

I have removed the daily post-limit. But still request that members don't go overboard with social media type posts in the general section, as per forum rule 6 Thanks!.

Seijun

The ability to delete your own post on the old board wasn't very useful anyway. It wouldn't delete the whole thread, just your first post. So the topic would still be there, but be extra confusing because the first post would be gone. (unless that changed shortly before the move).

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

DinoToyForum

'Delete post' is really a moderating feature. It's very rare that a member should require a post to be deleted entirely. In terms of content, posts can be edited by the member, if necessary.  So, recent 'complaints' regarding this have been much ado about nothing.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.