News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

The Dinosaur Diorama Contest 2012 - [now closed]

Started by DinoToyForum, April 07, 2012, 03:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levon

Wow. What a coinsidence. Just signed and the contest is already open. Fantastic! :)

amargasaurus cazaui

If i understood the terms correctly we are allowed one (1) picture entry, of a single diorama for the contest , correct? 
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Metallisuchus

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 13, 2012, 03:05:45 AM
Yes.
Perhaps an idea for next year, both a freestyle and a scientifically accurate category......or as I suggested in the other thread, a category for those who enjoy collecting real fossils and dinosaur related things other than the replicas..wether books, or drawings, or perhaps items relating to a specific dinosaur.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Metallisuchus

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 13, 2012, 03:39:55 AM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 13, 2012, 03:05:45 AM
Yes.
Perhaps an idea for next year, both a freestyle and a scientifically accurate category......or as I suggested in the other thread, a category for those who enjoy collecting real fossils and dinosaur related things other than the replicas..wether books, or drawings, or perhaps items relating to a specific dinosaur.

So what are you getting at, a "best collection" contest? Could be interesting, though I wouldn't even bother entering. I'd like to see a best artwork contest though - some of our members are exceptionally talented in this department.

This is the first contest here that I will be witnessing, so this alone is exciting enough for me, just as a spectator. I wish I could vote or something though!

amargasaurus cazaui

So what are you getting at, a "best collection" contest? Could be interesting, though I wouldn't even bother entering. I'd like to see a best artwork contest though - some of our members are exceptionally talented in this department.

This is the first contest here that I will be witnessing, so this alone is exciting enough for me, just as a spectator. I wish I could vote or something though!
[/quote]
A best contest isnt quite the term I am searching for..perhaps best theme picture, perhaps dedicated to a single dinosaur, or paleontologist, or even era. You could use books, fossils, dinosaurs , or whatever you wanted to tell the story of your picture. Draw, paint, make a cartoon, or perhaps even write a paper. Thats kinda what I meant..
As for voting, I had understood the forum members DO vote, and help narrow it down to a set of best finalists that the judges then choose from.

DinoToyForum

Yep, members will vote to create a shortlist for the judges.  :)

Metallisuchus

Oh neato. I thought we weren't allowed to vote in order to prevent any sort of bias.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 13, 2012, 11:06:59 PM
Oh neato. I thought we weren't allowed to vote in order to prevent any sort of bias.

Nope, the entrants will remain anonymous during the voting and judging process :) Of course, certain styles might sometimes give the game away, but that can't be helped.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 13, 2012, 11:13:47 PM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 13, 2012, 11:06:59 PM

Nope, the entrants will remain anonymous during the voting and judging process :) Of course, certain styles might sometimes give the game away, but that can't be helped.

Well, it's not like we couldn't just send each other pics - ya know - "here's mine, vote for me!"

EDIT: And no, I'd never do that anyway. May the best diorama win.

DinoToyForum

I'm pleased to report there's a steady trickle of entries coming in :)

The more the merrier - you've gotta be in it to win it! 8)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: dinotoyforum on June 18, 2012, 11:47:29 PM

Oh Brachiosaur tracks !! I took all these pictures and kept narrowing it down, and I am stuck between two of them now. I suppose I will wait till the last second and then flip a coin.

I finally made a choice tonight and sent it in. I was starting to get a headache trying to choose so I went with what I felt was my best effort and may the best dinosaur win. I hope you guys confirm that it arrived in some fashion so I know it did not get lost in cyber land and I am in for better or worse, thanks

DinoToyForum

I'm thinking of expanding the contest in future years to allow multiple submissions per participant, but for now at least, it remains one entry per person.  O:-)

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on June 19, 2012, 07:22:33 AM

Oh Brachiosaur tracks !! I took all these pictures and kept narrowing it down, and I am stuck between two of them now. I suppose I will wait till the last second and then flip a coin.

Pretty much what I'm doing. Plus, I don't want to submit anything until I know I won't be taking anymore photographs.

stoneage

Quote from: Gwangi on June 19, 2012, 01:44:30 PM

Pretty much what I'm doing. Plus, I don't want to submit anything until I know I won't be taking anymore photographs.

:)  Same here.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on June 19, 2012, 01:44:30 PM

I think thats what most who are entering are doing ^-^
I'm looking forward to it, can't wait to see everyones work ^-^

Libraraptor

Whoa, this is really a high-class jury! I am looking forward to seeing all the contributions! Please tell me when the contributions are going to be  released?!

Primeval12

DinoToyForum

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 29, 2012, 09:57:28 PM
Whoa, this is really a high-class jury! I am looking forward to seeing all the contributions! Please tell me when the contributions are going to be  released?!

There is no date set yet, but within a few weeks of closing date I expect  8)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.