News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Requests for assistance

Started by DinoToyForum, August 02, 2014, 12:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Hi all, I thought I'd set up this thread as a place for me to ask members for favours/assistance.

For example, I noticed the review of the Papo Spinosaurus has only a single photograph: http://dinotoyblog.com/2009/05/23/spinosaurus-papo-2/ Do any of you kind members have good quality pictures of this figure that you woudn't mind donating to bulk out the review?

amargasaurus cazaui

On a seperate note, I will put myself forward as willing to edit reviews that require any grammatical, or word review to help cut the work load for you . I have had work that I have written published in my local mineral society newsletters, both regionally and nationally and have been nationally awarded so I know my way around the writing thing enough to offer that service. I know at one time there were reviews you could not get to because they all needed reviewed for errors like that.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 02, 2014, 01:49:59 PM
On a seperate note, I will put myself forward as willing to edit reviews that require any grammatical, or word review to help cut the work load for you . I have had work that I have written published in my local mineral society newsletters, both regionally and nationally and have been nationally awarded so I know my way around the writing thing enough to offer that service. I know at one time there were reviews you could not get to because they all needed reviewed for errors like that.

Kind of you to offer, I'd really appreciate that! Takama has submitted several reviews that I just haven't had time to edit, but if Takama sends his reviews to you for screening before submitting them to me, I'm keen to post them. Perhaps the two of you could work something out?

Takama

Amargasaurus, I would greatly appreciate if you help me with my reviews,  :)

DinoToyForum

Thanks for the Papo Spinosaurus photos, Takama! Added them to the post. http://dinotoyblog.com/2009/05/23/spinosaurus-papo-2/

amargasaurus cazaui

so yes, I am glad to edit and review any review that needs edited and look for grammatical, or typographical errors and this sort of thing. I accept no responsibility for actual content or the facts presented themselves, those are all on the reviewer. I can also look through any reviews done by those with a less than complete understanding of the english language and if I can understand them, I can translate as much as possible to help, for anyone with that problem. At the end of the day, I wish to verify I am just an editer and not the author and the opinions stated are not yada yada yada .....you know the drill.
Takama I would be honored to review your reviews and offer what help I can, You are always welcome to message and get my email so you can forward them to me for said reason. I will do my best and then kick them forward to Adam for final review.
  Adam I will do my best with anything I am given. In the end if I make a mistake or ten feel free to fix them however. That said I believe I can get them ready for posting for you.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 02, 2014, 07:42:51 PM
Thanks for the Papo Spinosaurus photos, Takama! Added them to the post. http://dinotoyblog.com/2009/05/23/spinosaurus-papo-2/

No problem, if there's any photos you need for a specific figure feel free to ask if I Have it. (if I do, I would gladly take them)

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on August 02, 2014, 09:07:32 PM
so yes, I am glad to edit and review any review that needs edited and look for grammatical, or typographical errors and this sort of thing. I accept no responsibility for actual content or the facts presented themselves, those are all on the reviewer. I can also look through any reviews done by those with a less than complete understanding of the english language and if I can understand them, I can translate as much as possible to help, for anyone with that problem. At the end of the day, I wish to verify I am just an editer and not the author and the opinions stated are not yada yada yada .....you know the drill.
Takama I would be honored to review your reviews and offer what help I can, You are always welcome to message and get my email so you can forward them to me for said reason. I will do my best and then kick them forward to Adam for final review.
  Adam I will do my best with anything I am given. In the end if I make a mistake or ten feel free to fix them however. That said I believe I can get them ready for posting for you.

Thanks. I have been looking for a Editor. I'm glad you can help.   I do try to do my best writing before hand, but in the end, I might still need help

DinoToyForum

I'd like to update the photos in the old dinotoyblog Battat T. rex review by Tomhet: http://dinotoyblog.com/2007/12/10/tyrannosaurus-rex-battat-boston-museum-of-science-collection/

Can anyone help?

If someone who has all the different versions as well could provide a comparison shot of them all as well, that would be even better, and make a great addition to the blog post.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 24, 2015, 12:24:50 PM
I'd like to update the photos in the old dinotoyblog Battat T. rex review by Tomhet: http://dinotoyblog.com/2007/12/10/tyrannosaurus-rex-battat-boston-museum-of-science-collection/

Can anyone help?

If someone who has all the different versions as well could provide a comparison shot of them all as well, that would be even better, and make a great addition to the blog post.

Anyone?  O:-)

amargasaurus cazaui

I dont have the dinosaur or i would do it for you, sorry. I wish I did.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I only have the snowshoe version 2 myself...and the snowshoes were..umm...altered a bit by a young me. :/

Doug Watson

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 27, 2015, 08:05:31 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 24, 2015, 12:24:50 PM

Can anyone help?

Anyone?  O:-)

Hello Dr. Admin
I just caught this. I have all three versions, so I could take some shots for you. What size format do you want. You want one of each and a comparison, any other shots? I just have to wade through about 100 other dinos on the shelf to get at them.

Jetoar

I dont have photographs of my Papo Spinosaurus alone  :(.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ikessauro

I would be glad to help providing pictures for the reviews.

DinoToyForum

I'm not planning to get any of the Jurassic World figures (maybe one exception) but I'd really like to host reviews of them on the dinotoyblog. If anyone owns any of the figures and would like to submit a review, please send them on! :) Even the Indominus rex, which might make for an interesting topic for discussion, since some might argue that it doesn't deserve a review on a blog about dinosaur toys ;)

Libraraptor

I like the thought of an Indominus rex toy figure review. It´s totally unique - a figure of a hypothetic dinosaur in a real movie. But isn´t any dinosaur hypothetic in a way? This is where the fun begins ;)

Takama

I guess I can do my indominous review.    Though it will be a little rough on the edges if that's fine.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Takama on May 12, 2015, 01:16:15 AM
I guess I can do my indominous review.    Though it will be a little rough on the edges if that's fine.

Sure, maybe send it to Amargasaurus first as usual :)

Takama

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 12, 2015, 08:06:49 PM

I tried his Email but it said it was no longer in use.   Amargasaurus You know about this?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Takama on May 12, 2015, 10:48:47 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 12, 2015, 08:06:49 PM

I tried his Email but it said it was no longer in use.   Amargasaurus You know about this?
err no, not sure why it would possibly say that..i field perhaps fifty emails a day through it......
never had any issues and its working fine far as I know...are you trying to link from the forum or remember it or what?

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.