News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Problems with formatting on desktop

Started by ceratopsian, February 04, 2021, 09:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Suddenly yesterday evening, must have been around 6.00 or 6.30 UK time, the format of the Forum on my desktop (using Chrome) changed dramatically so that it is now barely useable.  The font size is now minute (and quite faint as so small).  It's like seeing footnotes permanently! It no longer spreads across the entire screen, so the "work" active rectangle sits in front of a larger background area graded from dark blue at the top to pale blue at the bottom.

I'm not aware that I pressed any buttons to bring about this change.  Nothing else on the internet is affected by the change, just the Forum and the Blog.  The Blog also appears much smaller than previously I think, though the effect there isn't as catastrophic.

Any ideas? 

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 04, 2021, 09:04:05 AM
Suddenly yesterday evening, must have been around 6.00 or 6.30 UK time, the format of the Forum on my desktop (using Chrome) changed dramatically so that it is now barely useable.  The font size is now minute (and quite faint as so small).  It's like seeing footnotes permanently! It no longer spreads across the entire screen, so the "work" active rectangle sits in front of a larger background area graded from dark blue at the top to pale blue at the bottom.

I'm not aware that I pressed any buttons to bring about this change.  Nothing else on the internet is affected by the change, just the Forum and the Blog.  The Blog also appears much smaller than previously I think, though the effect there isn't as catastrophic.

Any ideas?

If the problem persists could you please take a screenshot? It sounds to me that the css file isn't loading, which may indicate a problem with the server. But it is working for me, so hopefully it was a temporary glitch.

If the problem persists try deleting the dinotoyblog's cache/cookies from your browser, as it may have cached the fault, and is now reloading the cache instead of fetching the new file from the server.

ceratopsian

Thanks. Will revisit later today and investigate.

ceratopsian

I tried clearing cache, cookies etc but the problem is still here.  Here's a screen shot....

DinoToyForum

Hmm, have you accidentally clicked a short-cut to zoom out for this site? On my browser, Safari, I can go to view -> Zoom In / Out, to change how sites appears.
Does the Animal Toy Forum also appear like this for you now?

Instructions for Chrome, if that's your browser: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96810

ceratopsian

Animal Toy Forum appears normal. 

A few minutes later.  Yeah!!  I just found a button up near my browser address bar that I'd never noticed before.  You were right!  I had it set to 80%.  I must have brushed somewhere/somehow against it yesterday evening.  Reset to 100% just now and all well.

Many thanks for taking the time to help!  Greatly appreciated.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 04, 2021, 02:31:49 PM
Animal Toy Forum appears normal. 

A few minutes later.  Yeah!!  I just found a button up near my browser address bar that I'd never noticed before.  You were right!  I had it set to 80%.  I must have brushed somewhere/somehow against it yesterday evening.  Reset to 100% just now and all well.

Many thanks for taking the time to help!  Greatly appreciated.

No problem! I've done that myself in the past, which is how I know how to fix it!  :)

ceratopsian

:)) :))  Thank you for letting me in on the secret!