News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Edit by admin. A brand new line of Battat figures sculpted by Dan LoRusso!

Takama originally broke the news as follows:

Ok. I won't be able to post photos until later. But battat has released four new dinosaurs avalible at target stores

I'm not kidding you guys.   The box says there from battat and sculpted by dan lorusso.  And they look fantstic

I think this is the thing dan was teasing us about

Dan

Well done! Yes, this was the big news I have been eager to share for a while. The Battat series is being reissued and is now available in Target. This series will include original as well as brand new species. I've seen most of them, and I think everyone will be pleased. More details will be coming soon, unless someone else has photos to share, of course.  ^-^

Patrx

How exciting! I look forward to seeing the new ones in particular. Perhaps a properly feathered dromaeosaur?

tyrantqueen

Ooohh some people aren't going to be happy about this >:D I'm happy to hear it, even though I've had my fill of Battats for the time being.

CityRaptor

A Chance to obtain battats without paying with bodyparts? Consider me interested. Them being Target Exclusive could be a problem...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoToyForum

New species too!? How exciting!  :o

Takama

Well the one I was at had a crylophosaurus. Pachyrhinosaurus a obscure therizinosaur and a decentrurus

I did not see any of the originals yet and I only got the pachyrhinosaurus

dutchdinolover

Quote from: Takama on August 11, 2014, 11:09:54 PM
Well the one I was at had a crylophosaurus. Pachyrhinosaurus a obscure therizinosaur and a decentrurus

I did not see any of the originals yet and I only got the pachyrhinosaurus

Were did you get it?

Oh my, happy times are coming :)

Takama

At a target store

Acording to dan lorusso.  There's going to be a gigantoraptor and a Gastonia as well.   

EmperorDinobot

Is one of them.

This is a dream come true. Just yesterday I was gonna post in the wishes thread something along the lines of "I wish Battat came back".

Edit: Apparently they are Target exclusives. Guess where I'm going right now!?!?!?

Takama

Hey that's my photo

Thanks for posting it for me.  Sorry about the qulity of it.      It was taken with my cellphone

DinoToyForum

It looks great! Takama, may I make a suggestion for your next dinotoyblog review?... ;)

This is proper news in the world of dinosaur toys, I wonder why it has been so hush hush and has only come to light now that the figures are on the shelves. It really warranted a big buildup and fanfare! Dan and Dan, has there been some sort of embargo on this info? If so, I wonder why.  :)

Takama

Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 12, 2014, 12:00:18 AM
It looks great! Takama, may I make a suggestion for your next dinotoyblog review?... ;)

This is proper news in the world of dinosaur toys, I wonder why it has been so hush hush and has only come to light now that the figures are on the shelves. It really warranted a big buildup and fanfare! Dan and Dan, has there been some sort of embargo on this info? If so, I wonder why.  :)

If you or amargasaurus can edit it.  I be thrilled to review it

tyrantqueen

Do you think the quality control issues that plagued the line originally (such as bipedal figures being unable to stand) will be avoided with this re-issue?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Takama on August 12, 2014, 12:08:28 AM

If you or amargasaurus can edit it.  I be thrilled to review it

Great! You write it, I'll edit and post it. So, you're in charge of breaking this awesome news on the dinotoyblog!  8)

Himmapaan

Fanfare is right! ZOHMYGOSH!

Ahem... Beg pardon.

Takama

Well. I was not told.  I just happen to find good dinosaurs. At a target. With battat on the box. And I thoght. "Hey, is this the line that Dans dinosaurs has been teseing us about?"

Tq.  I do not know what issues the originals had.    Since I only have a qudroped I do not know if bipeds will stand

SBell

I won't even bother asking if Target Canada will have them. They are glorified dollar stores here.

loru1588

Takama , feel free to use the pics I posted on the Dinosaur Studio Facebook page to show the 1st 4 of the new series!!

Dan

dinosaurdungeon

I hope target in Canada will have them!!!!! I'm going to check in about 30 minutes.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.