News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Dan(either one of you). Are these made at a set scale

Pachyrhinosaurus

I had a feeling this is what was going on! Too bad they're target exclusives, though, I think they'd do great in museum shops.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

DinoLord

My local one only had the therizinosaur, which is unfortunately unfeathered. The color scheme is somewhat reminiscent of the Gallimimus from the first round of the line. I will have to check other local Targets tomorrow for the others.

I wonder when we will start seeing the reissues?

DinoToyForum

Dan's photos from his The Dinosaur Studios Facebook page :)

EmperorDinobot

Lol sorry Takama, Luis TheRedhead is very excited  ;D

Well couldn't go to target just yet.

Will go after dinner, and see what's up.

Pachyrhinosaurus

They look just like the originals in style and color! A truly Amazing lineup.  :))

Also the Gigantoraptor from his Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/TheDinosaurStudio/photos/a.351765294974477.1073741840.166381366846205/351766431641030/?type=1&theater
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

loru1588

They are 1:40th scale, so they'll fit right in with the MOS Boston Series. More on THAT later!!!

DinoToyForum

I moved this thread to the "new for 2014" section of the forum and edited the first post so it includes Dan's wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing them loru1588!  :)

Quen

This is awesome!!    :))

And it's ironic because I just got my first of the originals yesterday!

I don't see them on Target's website, if that means anything other than I'm bad at finding things online.

Any idea if the reissues of the originals will have the same color schemes?

Megalosaurus

What a surprise.
I have not a single Battat in my collection.
I'm so happy to have the oportunity to get them at a fair price.
Unfortunally, there's no Target Stores in my country, and the dinos aren't online either.
May some one help me to get all of them? (even the re-releases).

Thank you.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Carnosaur

I wanna see pics!
I have all the old Battat dinos. but I'm interested in seeing whats new.

DinoLord

It appears that all the theropods are tripods, so the standing issue is moot. After unpackaging the Therizinosaurus it really becomes clear how closely the new figures follow the style of the original line. Even the paint has the same sheen to it.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: DinoLord on August 12, 2014, 01:26:05 AM
It appears that all the theropods are tripods, so the standing issue is mute. After unpackaging the Therizinosaurus it really becomes clear how closely the new figures follow the style of the original line. Even the paint has the same sheen to it.
Even the re-issues?

And that would be moot, not mute.

DinoLord

I was referring to the new figures. Seems that the reissues have yet to hit the stores. Two of my local Target stores don't even  have any of the new ones besides the therizinosaur.

loru1588

The Nanshiungosaurus would be roughly 20 plus feet tall. After consulting with paleontologists it was a toss up to feather it or not due to it's size. My feeling was due to it's mass feathers would be a hindrance, so no feathers. The Gigantoraptor has a crest unlike other renditions again after consulting with paleontologists, most male Oviraptors have crests, why not Gigantoraptor? Seeing as they only have the lower jaw and some fragments of the skull for now. As far as them having the same feel and similar paint schemes, I sculpted half the MOS Boston Series and I wanted these to fit right in with the re-releases as well as the original set.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Dan on August 11, 2014, 10:47:26 PM
Well done! Yes, this was the big news I have been eager to share for a while. The Battat series is being reissued and is now available in Target. This series will include original as well as brand new species. I've seen most of them, and I think everyone will be pleased. More details will be coming soon, unless someone else has photos to share, of course.  ^-^
That's it :o? Huh, that's kind of underwhelming. I think the Safari and Papo figures will likely be better than these, that Cryolophosaurus is kind of cool though. I may get it.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Quote from: loru1588 on August 12, 2014, 02:04:58 AM
The Nanshiungosaurus would be roughly 20 plus feet tall. After consulting with paleontologists it was a toss up to feather it or not due to it's size. My feeling was due to it's mass feathers would be a hindrance, so no feathers. The Gigantoraptor has a crest unlike other renditions again after consulting with paleotologists, most male Oviraptors have crests, why not Giogantoraptoe? Seeing as they only have the lower jaw and some fragments of the skull for now. As far as them having the same feel and similar paint schemes, I sculpted half the MOS Boston Series and I wanted these to fit right in with the re-releases as well as the original set.
What Gigantoraptor?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 12, 2014, 02:07:00 AM
The Nanshiungosaurus would be roughly 20 plus feet tall. After consulting with paleontologists it was a toss up to feather it or not due to it's size. My feeling was due to it's mass feathers would be a hindrance, so no feathers. The Gigantoraptor has a crest unlike other renditions again after consulting with paleotologists, most male Oviraptors have crests, why not Giogantoraptoe? Seeing as they only have the lower jaw and some fragments of the skull for now. As far as them having the same feel and similar paint schemes, I sculpted half the MOS Boston Series and I wanted these to fit right in with the re-releases as well as the original set.
What Gigantoraptor?
This one:

Yutyrannus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 12, 2014, 02:11:36 AM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 12, 2014, 02:07:00 AM
What Gigantoraptor?
This one:

Huh, yeah the Cryolophosaurus is still the only one worth buying for me.

Himmapaan

I'm personally looking forward to all of them, though the Pachyrhinosaurus is my favourite for the moment.  ^-^

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.