News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

I'd much rather get the Safari interpretation of Pachyrhinosaurus. Then again I've never been much of a fan of Battat's figures.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

EmperorDinobot

I'm thinking about hiring one of you guys to paint these for me. My only issues are with the colors.

SBell

So will it be a re-issue of the entire original line? Minis too?

Because that would be great for so many people.

loru1588

Thanks Himmapaan! Nice to have ones work appreciated!!

stargatedalek

sorry if I managed to miss it and someone already shared one, but does anyone have a list of what new species to be expecting?

*is overjoyed I already traded off my original series Battats*
but really, I'm concerned this might depreciate the value of the older releases

loru1588

The re-release of the old MOS Boston series will have all new paint schemes, so the originals should keep their collectors value.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Takama on August 12, 2014, 12:08:28 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on August 12, 2014, 12:00:18 AM
It looks great! Takama, may I make a suggestion for your next dinotoyblog review?... ;)

This is proper news in the world of dinosaur toys, I wonder why it has been so hush hush and has only come to light now that the figures are on the shelves. It really warranted a big buildup and fanfare! Dan and Dan, has there been some sort of embargo on this info? If so, I wonder why.  :)

If you or amargasaurus can edit it.  I be thrilled to review it

Working on your other write ups as I can, but feel free to send it if you do it. I will move it to the front burner for you
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoLord

Now I can just have one of the reissued Diplos repainted to be like the old one...  >:D

amargasaurus cazaui

Likely to get them all and doubles of at minimium the Gigantaraptor for certain so I can have Martin do one of those up for me. Awesome work Dan, I like them all, and so glad you went with the crest for the Giganta following the discussion on Facebook. I am very excited about these, just wish we had a Target Locally so I could just get out there and take care of business. Thanks for doing this for all the people out there that were clamoring for it.
If you would like please feel free to post the Gigantaraptor into my new thread about Oviraptors, citipattis and yes, gigantaraptor Dan..........
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoLord

I will end up getting all of these; I'm rather fond of the Battat line and the nostalgic 90s goodness it brings memories of. Unfortunately I think it will be a while before we see the whole line - I called several Targets, and they either only had the Therizinosaur or did not have the line at all.

stargatedalek

just going to put this out there, if they do come to Target Canada I would be more than happy to take orders for people without Targets near them

Takama

I wonder if the originals will be part of the Terra line as well, since Dan (LoRusso) only sculpted half of them.

DinoLord

I imagine the masters are still around somewhere. Heck even I have a Maiasaura resin master from the first line. Hopefully the new paint schemes will look nice - I'm a huge fan of some of the original ones, mainly the Triceratops and Ceratosaurus.

EmperorDinobot

Got back from Target. Checked everywhere, none were found. I was very very sad :(

Which section of the toy aisles are you finding these at?

Takama

DinoLord

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 12, 2014, 03:34:00 AM
Got back from Target. Checked everywhere, none were found. I was very very sad :(

Which section of the toy aisles are you finding these at?
From my various phone calls I inferred that not many stores have figured out a proper place to put these on their toy shelves, and that many don't even have them yet. The one I went to had them near the toy cars

Trexroarr

I never thought that I would see the day where the Battat line was continued! This is amazing news!! Just so that I know where to look in Target, what aisle where they in? Near what other toys?

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

Takama

Quote from: Trexroarr on August 12, 2014, 03:40:09 AM
I never thought that I would see the day where the Battat line was continued! This is amazing news!! Just so that I know where to look in Target, what aisle where they in? Near what other toys?

I found them in the back of the toys, with one of the isles ending in a shelf.

dinosaurdungeon

I'm really hoping for an Allosaurus this time around!! congrats Dan!!! I glad to see you back in the Paleo-sculpting!! I have always loved your work, and I can't wait to see the new dinosaur sculptures and figures your bring to the table!!!!!!

Dan

These are making a debut in Target stores (which may take a few days to stock, so don't panic if you don't see them yet). However, it sounds like they do plan on a wider release for the series down the road, and I'm certainly hoping to get them in DansDinosaurs.com in the future. I believe collectors outside the US can rest easy. These few at launch represent just the tip of the ice berg, with more new sculpts on the way. The new paint schemes for the older models are looking brilliant, and are more naturalistic than the originals. My favorite so far is probably the new Triceratops.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.