News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Battat, Terra series - New for 2014

Started by Takama, August 11, 2014, 10:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

The worst part of this news beyond our inconvenience is the loss of work for 17,600 employees at the 133 Target stores.

suspsy

The closing is indeed sad, especially for all those employees. Way to botch your venture completely, Target.

I'd been planning to pick up a couple of the 2015 Battats for my friend's kid, but maybe I'll just get him one of the 2014 ones instead. And driving to the States to shop is pointless these days what with the low
Canadian dollar. :(
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks like Target is just one of many chains having issues again..Radioshack it's said is expected to close all of their stores..not that they carried anything I bought anymore.  Our economy is supposed to be on the rise yet we have more and more retail chains having to make cutbacks and taking bankruptcy. :/

Daspletodave

target is supposed to be out by the end of April, so last chance to pick up some of those Terra dinos, if there are any left

loru1588

Yeah, it is sad that Target Canada did not work out. The job loss is a major hurt. As for the toys, Target has lowered the amount purchased online for free shipping to $50.00, down from $100.00 dollars. So those of you not in the states may have a better chance to still get the Terra Series ( and anything else from Target ) and save on the shipping at the very least.

deanm

I picked up another set of your magnificent terra series at my local (closing) Canadian Target store. I do agree with Doug and Dan -about the employees - but I am not going to de-rail the thread with my personal thoughts on it.

The only real consolation I have is that I travel to the states on a regular basis so I will still have a chance to buy the new and re-release figures.  I am looking forward to their release!

Paleogene Pals

triceratops83

Amazon's no good for overseas buyers, they won't ship anything from the US. I only completed one order from Amazon, because it was shipped from Japan. I gave up after that.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Ikessauro

Quote from: triceratops83 on March 01, 2015, 04:47:14 AM
Amazon's no good for overseas buyers, they won't ship anything from the US. I only completed one order from Amazon, because it was shipped from Japan. I gave up after that.

That's true, and annoying. I can only buy books or dvds from Amazon, other stuff, like toys, tools, etc, they won't ship to my adress.

amargasaurus cazaui

I know Blade for instance and I myself have offered to help people get things and send them on to the proper locations provided the money is all kept right and there is no misuse of the help .....but to repeat, I am here and can forward Battats to anyone that uses paypal and needs them from outside the availible avenues. If I can get them I will help you, and i do know that Blade also said this as well.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Fembrogon

I finally stopped by my nearest store to pick these guys up:

It's a little surreal, owning these guys. I never had any Battats as a kid, but I saw catalog photos and at least one Ceratosaurus in a store once (which Cryo practically glows with resemblance to, imo), so I was at least superficially aware of them.
Cryolophosaurus and Dacentrurus are easily my favorites, though I don't know why I'm not feeling the same love for Nanshiungosaurus - it's an awesome Therizinosaur toy, after all! Pachyrinosaurus has a great looking sculpt, but I don't really care for the coloration. All in all, though, they're a delightful set of figures, and I eagerly await the opportunity to own more.  ;D

DinoLord

Welcome to the forum! I definitely agree that the Cryolophosaurus has a strong resemblance to the original Ceratosaurus - they're both among my favorites!

John

The Cryolophosaurus is one of my favorites of the new releases too. ;)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tasosaurusGR

Will any of those be available in the european market ?

EmperorDinobot

What is the current status of new molds/repaints?

Sim

While Target still doesn't ship internationally from their website, they ship internationally from their ebay store, and they have all 4 of the 2014 Battat dinosaurs: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Target-Store/_i.html?_nkw=battat&_sid=1134731172

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

EmperorDinobot

This is such a beautiful dinosaur. One of my favorite Tyrannosaurus rex figures ever. It's...magnificent. I finally have this mold!!!! I reviewed it here: http://emperordinobot.blogspot.com/

Follow my page! One review per week!

docronnie

I don't know if this was posted before, I found out that there seems to be some differences between the 2014 and 2015 releases.  I only have the Dacentrurus as an example.

Battat Dacentrurus - May 27, 2014 2 by docronnie, on Flickr
Battat Dacentrurus - May 27, 2014 
lighter shade, not glossy, lower part of the face is not painted green, even the packaging is different ( all four feet are tied with thinner wires & 4 smaller black stabilizers(?)); much more solid than the 2015 release

Battat Dacentrurus - April 15, 2015 2 by docronnie, on Flickr
Battat Dacentrurus - April 15, 2015
darker shade, glossy, whole face is painted green, only 3 feet are tied with thicker wires & much larger 3 black stabilizers; soft rubbery plastic used

Battat Dacentrurus - May 27, 2014 & April 15, 2015 by docronnie, on Flickr
Closer shot of their heads, 2014 in front and 2015 at the back.

Battat Dacentrurus - May 27, 2014 & April 15, 2015 2 by docronnie, on Flickr
Another shot, the 2014's head is bent more to the right than the 2015.

Which do you think is better?  Have you noticed any changes in yours as well? TFL!
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I think that's just differences in paint app?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.