News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinotoyblog on Youtube

Started by DinoToyForum, August 16, 2014, 05:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Lanthanotus on September 04, 2016, 08:37:13 PM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus
Maybe I can send something if I find some time this week. It'll take a bit of work since most of mine is in storage.

Same here, most of my collection is stowed away in the attic to prevent crammed chaos and dusting duty :D however, I'd like to make a video of my comparably small collection to share via the blog.... also,.... I made three videos (of which two are already posted in the books forum) about the Encyclopedia Prehistorica, would it be appropriate to upload them for the blog, I guess they could get more views there cause I deem them very nice books?

Many of my own figures are also kept in boxes, but it is still fun to share displayed collections, even if they are just part of a larger collection. It is interesting to look back and see how things were once arranged.

Yes, the Encyclopedia Prehistorica would fit the channel wonderfully. Unlike on the blog, the youtube channel is rather flexible. I recently unfolded and reviewed my collection of 1990s posters, for example! So, books are welcome! Just drop me an email.

Halichoeres

That does sound like fun, although I only have a phone camera, and I think the only time I've ever used it to record video was a nauseating two minutes on a brujita (a motorcycle-powered, open-sided raft that runs on abandoned railways).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

I'd love to but currently only (some of) my modern animals are on display. If you're interested in something a little less often seen on the blog though I could drag out some giant piles of Jurassic Park figures rather easily.

Gwangi

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 04, 2016, 07:37:40 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 23, 2016, 09:58:06 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on March 02, 2015, 01:24:18 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 01, 2015, 10:25:11 PM
I added a new top 10 video to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG7kvS_UjKVgDGwc6jHHvMd-vIvXsIj2G

I'd love to add another member collection overview video too, they are always interesting and very popular. My collection video has received about 9,000 views and Libraraptor's 4,000!

All you have to do is send me some raw video files and I'll do all the editing. Or, you can do the editing if you like, as Patrx did ;)

I'll make a collection video eventually, once I get them displayed how I like them!  ^-^

How's this coming along? :)

Also, anyone else interested? I'd never have expected it, but the video of my own collection has had 180,000 views so far, Libraraptor's 30,000, and Patrx's 20,000. Wow.

Is nobody else up for sharing a video of their collection for the Youtube channel? It has been over a year since we posted a new collection overview and I'd love to add a new one - they are really popular. I'm not sure why but my own collection video has received 250,000 views in the few years it has been online! It also helps to support the blog/forum because I can monetise the videos.  ;)

I actually just took all the dinosaurs off my shelf yesterday and dusted them all. Would be good to make a video of them while they're clean. I'll be in touch.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 04, 2016, 10:30:35 PM
That does sound like fun, although I only have a phone camera, and I think the only time I've ever used it to record video was a nauseating two minutes on a brujita (a motorcycle-powered, open-sided raft that runs on abandoned railways).

Phone camera should be perfectly fine, so long is it is a more recent model, and the video is taken in landscape view. Bring it on!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on September 05, 2016, 12:53:15 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 04, 2016, 07:37:40 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 23, 2016, 09:58:06 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on March 02, 2015, 01:24:18 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 01, 2015, 10:25:11 PM
I added a new top 10 video to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG7kvS_UjKVgDGwc6jHHvMd-vIvXsIj2G

I'd love to add another member collection overview video too, they are always interesting and very popular. My collection video has received about 9,000 views and Libraraptor's 4,000!

All you have to do is send me some raw video files and I'll do all the editing. Or, you can do the editing if you like, as Patrx did ;)

I'll make a collection video eventually, once I get them displayed how I like them!  ^-^

How's this coming along? :)

Also, anyone else interested? I'd never have expected it, but the video of my own collection has had 180,000 views so far, Libraraptor's 30,000, and Patrx's 20,000. Wow.

Is nobody else up for sharing a video of their collection for the Youtube channel? It has been over a year since we posted a new collection overview and I'd love to add a new one - they are really popular. I'm not sure why but my own collection video has received 250,000 views in the few years it has been online! It also helps to support the blog/forum because I can monetise the videos.  ;)

I actually just took all the dinosaurs off my shelf yesterday and dusted them all. Would be good to make a video of them while they're clean. I'll be in touch.

Excellent, good timing!  8)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 05, 2016, 12:11:43 AM
I'd love to but currently only (some of) my modern animals are on display. If you're interested in something a little less often seen on the blog though I could drag out some giant piles of Jurassic Park figures rather easily.

Sure, why not! And I wouldn't mind some animals making an appearance. One of our vids featured
Power Rangers!

Kayakasaurus

My display is pretty small, 31 dinosaurs. Would that be enough to be featured in the video?
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on September 05, 2016, 03:08:20 AM
My display is pretty small, 31 dinosaurs. Would that be enough to be featured in the video?

Yes!  8)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 05, 2016, 07:34:11 AM
Quote from: Kayakasaurus on September 05, 2016, 03:08:20 AM

Yes!  8)

I posted it - many thanks for sharing!

DinoToyForum

Here's a trailer I made for the Youtube channel:
https://youtu.be/nuMPYieKnu4

Also, it has been a while since we posted any new collections videos, so if anybody wants to submit one, please do get in touch.

Patrx

https://youtu.be/Y6dq33xHz4E

Here's a quick breakdown of all the elements that went into the opening animation for the DTB YouTube channel—namely, three dinosaurs and approximately sixy-zillion leaves.

DinoToyForum

avatar_Patrx @Patrx  Nice breakdown, that's really cool to see, thanks for sharing. I didn't even realise there was a small ceratopsian in the vid!

Patrx

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 15, 2018, 10:54:02 PM
avatar_Patrx @Patrx  Nice breakdown, that's really cool to see, thanks for sharing. I didn't even realise there was a small ceratopsian in the vid!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! Yes, I'm afraid the poor beast kinda got lost amid the foliage; I suppose I ought to have moved it over a little. Or, it's a neat little easter-egg for the eagle-eyed!

Mini Minmi

I love seeing "making of" like this detailing all the steps necessary to reach that final look. Thank you for sharing.

Patrx

Quote from: Mini Minmi on May 15, 2018, 11:26:20 PM
I love seeing "making of" like this detailing all the steps necessary to reach that final look. Thank you for sharing.
Glad to share, I always find such things to be interesting as well, though I don't usually make them :)

DinoToyForum

I'm experimenting with PeerTube as an alternative to Youtube for the DinoToyBlog channel.

One of the reasons I've not been posting much video content recently is because I've become dissatisfied with Youtube, especially since they demonetised my channel, so what little compensation I made from the channel is now gone completely. However, the videos are still showing ads, so Youtube is making money from them. And the number of ads there is becoming obnoxious. This has got my back up and I've become reluctant to make more Youtube content.

PeerTube on the other hand is completely ad free, and part of the Fediverse, which means it's decentralised. So, like Mastodon, there's no single website that can be owned and you can follow Peertube accounts from anywhere in the Fediverse (e.g. from other PeerTube instances, or other Fediverse platforms including Mastodon). If the DinoToyBlog channel is to be a labour of love then Peertube suits me better than Youtube.

I've chosen a Peertube instance called MakerTube for my host: https://makertube.net/a/dinotoyblog/

The account to follow if you're on the Fediverse is @[email protected]

I've only uploaded one video so far, a short trailer slightly modified from an older Youtube trailer:

The first new video proper will be an overview of all the diorama contest 2023 entries.

Halichoeres

Why on Earth would they demonetize your channel? Must be all the inflammatory political rhetoric, right?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 27, 2023, 03:55:22 PMWhy on Earth would they demonetize your channel? Must be all the inflammatory political rhetoric, right?

Simply because the number of hours viewers spend watching my channel fell below the threshold required to monetise the channel: 3000 watch hours in a 365 day period.
In the last 365 days I've 'only' received 1,376 public watch hours. I had presumed the videos I made in the past, all 99 of them, would remain monetised even if I stopped creating regular new content. But Youtube retrospectively introduced this new requirement in 2017, so now you have to keep churning out new content to maintain a minimum of 3000 yearly watch hours or else they demonetise the whole channel including all legacy content. Some deal, huh? So, you can probably see why they have my back up. ::)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.