News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Jurassic Park Dilophosaurus Lifesize Bust Paint WIP

Started by yankeetrex, December 19, 2022, 05:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeetrex

Hi Everyone,

Recently I've been working on adding some new smaller dinosaur busts to my JP Room/Office collection. Here is the first paint steps for base colors on my dilophosaurus.  More to come with the drybrush work.

Version 2.0 of this will have larger teeth to be more accurate to the SWS Model.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks fantastic! I wish these companies would realize we want 1:1 pieces.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: christinechisholm on August 24, 2023, 11:21:51 AMSeen from the front, the dilophosaurus looks impressive. Its eyes seem to be getting redder, right?

Probably just a trick of the light.

Fossilized-Rubber

Wonderful quality work. Do you have a picture of it in location?
Now showing: The Lost World (1925)

My collection is here

Blade-of-the-Moon

Fossilized-Rubber

Incredible. It really does the fruity pebbles box justice! I especially like the usage of the ferns to conceal the non-existent body.

Do you have plans for things to put inside the crate?

For some reason the pictures weren't showing on the thread. I had to find them in the source and go directly to the link.

My collection is here

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fossilized-Rubber on September 03, 2023, 10:54:37 AMIncredible. It really does the fruity pebbles box justice! I especially like the usage of the ferns to conceal the non-existent body.

Do you have plans for things to put inside the crate?

For some reason the pictures weren't showing on the thread. I had to find them in the source and go directly to the link.

Unfortunatly it's facebook, I guess I need to start hosting pics elsewhere, maybe I'll setup something over winter when on break.

Yes, the Barbasol can replica will go inside the crate. :)

Fossilized-Rubber

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 04, 2023, 05:40:16 AMYes, the Barbasol can replica will go inside the crate. :)

That's so fitting. Please post when it's updated!

My collection is here

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Fossilized-Rubber on September 04, 2023, 03:08:53 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 04, 2023, 05:40:16 AMYes, the Barbasol can replica will go inside the crate. :)

That's so fitting. Please post when it's updated!

I've preordered one, just waiting on release. I will for sure.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.