News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - new for 2015

Started by Ikessauro, September 18, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Another Carnegie Tripod - Velociraptor

Wild Safari goodies - I bet this Yutyrannus should please all

Saurian

Velociraptor resembles Rex 2014 yatirannus very intriguing     ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
Soory,my English is poor

DinoLord

These all look great. That Nasutoceratops is very high caliber. The Carnegie Velociraptor is a nice sculpt but suffers from improper arm feathers and boring pose.

Nebuloid

I Want to see the Archaeopteryx head a bit clearer... Other then that I love these new figures !

Patrx

Overall, quite exciting!

Carnegie Velociraptor: Love the colors and overall birdlike properties. The tripod pose looks like it could be fixed without much trouble and the tail doesn't bend in an unrealistic way to make it happen. On the other hand, I'd like a closer look at the wings, as it seems that once again, a desire to showcase the animal's claws has prevented the feathers from looking quite right. Perhaps that could be modified as well.

Yutyrannus: Very nice! The feet don't look too drastically oversized, although the pose looks a bit stiff overall. Good to see a genuine attempt to make an accurate figure of this animal.

Nasutoceratops: I was hoping for this one! It looks great, like all of Doug Watson's ceratopsians. I'll be interested to see how the colors turn out on the actual figure.

Archaeopteryx: No complaints here, aside from the boring pose. I wonder if it will really be able to stand on its feet like that? I wouldn't mind a closer look at the head to see how the face was done. Glad to see the extensible foot claw in evidence.

Sauropelta: Not much to say on this one. It looks good, and I'll probably pick one up :)

Megalosaurus

This are exciting news.
I'd like to get the Nasutoceratops.
Also I'd like the Archaeopteryx a bit more than the Papo because it looks more Bird. But the colors are a joke, horrid boring coloring on that.

Is just me or is the velociraptor wrist too much flexed?
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Mauro "Raptor86"

I really like the Velociraptor and Yutyrannus color scheme!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome!

The Velociraptor..is it a whole new sculpt or is it a feathered version of the older one? The pose looks similar as does the head ..might just be me.. lol

Aside from agreeing with the others opinions here, I think it's a good solid line, all piece look nicely detailed and painted here.  I have to say I'm enjoying building a set of Doug Watson ceratopsians..I hope Safari continues to allow him to make many more.

The Yutyrannus is actually bigger than the Carnegie Velociraptor...lol  cool.

Can't wait to get these..Christmas gifts ho! :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Megalosaurus on September 18, 2014, 05:57:34 PM
This are exciting news.
I'd like to get the Nasutoceratops.
Also I'd like the Archaeopteryx a bit more than the Papo because it looks more Bird. But the colors are a joke, horrid boring coloring on that.

Is just me or is the velociraptor wrist too much flexed?

It's a realistic color though..if a bit plain looking.

The wrist looks a little uncomfortable..but not bad.

tyrantqueen

The velociraptor looks good, although a little underfeathered in my opinion. The feathers should be extending from the fingers, not stopping at the wrist. Just a little concrit ;) I just hope it turns out to be as good as the prototype depicts it to be.

Is it me, or are the Nasuto and Yutyrannus recycled sculpts from the Diablo and Acro?

Gwangi

This is the most exciting lineup for me in awhile. Typically I don't run out and buy these figures but the 2015 releases might just force me to. The Velociraptor is in an unfortunate pose but it really has no other competition where feathered Velociraptor toys are concerned. Once again the ceratopsian steals the show, though the Yutyrannus is very nice too.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 18, 2014, 06:24:29 PM
The velociraptor looks good, although a little underfeathered in my opinion. The feathers should be extending from the fingers, not stopping at the wrist. Just a little concrit ;) I just hope it turns out to be as good as the prototype depicts it to be.

Is it me, or are the Nasuto and Yutyrannus recycled sculpts from the Diablo and Acro?

I don't think so. The Acro has an open mouth, a certain waviness to the tail and a different tilt to the head I believe. Which brings up another point...CLOSED MOUTH THEROPOD!
As for the ceratopsians, I would have to look closer before making that call.

Nebuloid

Quote from: Gwangi on September 18, 2014, 06:26:07 PM
This is the most exciting lineup for me in awhile. Typically I don't run out and buy these figures but the 2015 releases might just force me to. The Velociraptor is in an unfortunate pose but it really has no other competition where feathered Velociraptor toys are concerned. Once again the ceratopsian steals the show, though the Yutyrannus is very nice too.

Yep, very excited ! ! Didn't like many figures this year but I want all of these.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

KeU

1/50 for the Velociraptor?? Doesn't seem right. The figure would be tiny if it was really 1/50.

Meso-Cenozoic

These look fantastic! Now that's how you feather a Yutyrannus!! (Take note, Rebor Studios. ;) )

My only real disappointment is there's still only one figure being released from Carnegie again. I was hoping since they had already had the Velociraptor conceived this year, there might have been some extra time to add another new one, or at least a much needed update to one of their older models. But in the end, I'm very happy with these figures! Good job, Safari!!  ^-^

Forgot to thank you, Ikessauro, for finding and posting these!

I can't keep looking at the Yutyrannus' head! I think its profile is so cool! I love the way they did the feathers on back of his head. I don't think I've seen anything quite like it before!

Gwangi

Quote from: KeU on September 18, 2014, 07:08:44 PM
1/50 for the Velociraptor?? Doesn't seem right. The figure would be tiny if it was really 1/50.

Good point, it would be smaller than the toob figures! Must be a misprint. Shame we're still only getting one release from Carnegie this year. Third year in a row we get one figure and it's a theropod in the tripod/mouth open position.  >:( What is happening to you Carnegie?

SpartanSquat

The best Yutyrannus model! Also Nasutoceratops is a great addition! Sauropelta is Ok and good to see an archaeopteryx, I didnt see one in years. I really like Velociraptor colour pattern! Looks like a roadrunner bird! I have to said, that its very strange. 10 years ago Carnegie make better figures than Safari. Now Safari make bette rfigures than Carnegie.

DinoToyForum

Look good! I've always had a soft spot for Sauropelta so that one is a pleasant surprise.

Doug Watson

Quote from: tyrantqueen on September 18, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

All new sculpts and I have all the originals to prove it.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.