News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur toy forum diorama contest 2014 - poll

Started by DinoToyForum, September 28, 2014, 08:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your top eight [8] dioramas

1. Death row
6 (4.6%)
2. Dining on the river
4 (3.1%)
3. Lunch on the wing
13 (9.9%)
4. Life in the Precambrian
11 (8.4%)
5. Migration
29 (22.1%)
6. A taller neck amongst the tall grass
4 (3.1%)
7. The deadly trap of the woods
4 (3.1%)
8. Easy prey?
9 (6.9%)
9. Where did he go?
14 (10.7%)
10. Dry season prowling
24 (18.3%)
11. Molṑn Lavé
3 (2.3%)
12. Bachelor of the pines
21 (16%)
13. Spinosaurus hunting
7 (5.3%)
14. Uninvited guest
5 (3.8%)
15. Separated from the herd/storm is coming
33 (25.2%)
16. The chase
10 (7.6%)
17. Starving in North Africa
17 (13%)
18. A desert standoff
16 (12.2%)
19. Here is where I met your mother, son
31 (23.7%)
20. The stealth approach of an apex predator
31 (23.7%)
21. Heatstroke
26 (19.8%)
22. Narcissus
8 (6.1%)
23. Triassic swim lessons
4 (3.1%)
24. Marching on
3 (2.3%)
25. The new hunter
8 (6.1%)
26. Attack from the depths
3 (2.3%)
27. Moonlight hunt
6 (4.6%)
28. The last supper
24 (18.3%)
29. Between a rock and a hard place
14 (10.7%)
30. This ocean ain't big enough for the both of us
32 (24.4%)
31. The intruder
24 (18.3%)
32. On the beach
48 (36.6%)
33. Coastal Carnotaurus
1 (0.8%)
34. Rexy's nest
2 (1.5%)
35. An early bird
12 (9.2%)
36. The fatal hour
10 (7.6%)
37. Unexpected gifts in the river
9 (6.9%)
38. Spino - great - dino
10 (7.6%)
39. Swampland misery
10 (7.6%)
40. Clever girl
4 (3.1%)
41. Horrible horn horde
56 (42.7%)
42. Hunt in the mud
6 (4.6%)
43. This slope will be fatal for one of them
5 (3.8%)
44. Cornered
9 (6.9%)
45. Treetop flyer
2 (1.5%)
46. Dilophosaurus vs Massospondylus
18 (13.7%)
47. Unfortunate showdown
29 (22.1%)
48. Day of migration
9 (6.9%)
49. Triassic baskers
6 (4.6%)
50. Watch your chops
3 (2.3%)
51. Sun down. The hunt begins
10 (7.6%)
52. Respectful distance
4 (3.1%)
53. That looks delicious!
2 (1.5%)
54. Brontosaurus brawl
6 (4.6%)
55. Cretaceous cliffs
17 (13%)
56. Desert duel
2 (1.5%)
57. Fearsome tyrant's pass
21 (16%)
58. Breakfast at Tiffany
13 (9.9%)
59. Can't run
5 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 07:44:16 PM

Ridureyu

I feel awful. I accidentally submitted fewer than eight votes!

Lithographica

A big thanks to the moderator for putting all this together - it must have been a lot of work!  :)

If it's not against the rules to ask... does anyone know what company makes the Brontosaur figures in diorama #54? (I'm not asking about the photographer, just the company that made the figures).

Hynerpeton

Are votes anomous? Yea cant spell. Rough evening.

What is the name of the animal in 49? Triassic baskers. Again sorry cant spell.
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Arul

As always, all contestant is amazing :D but the admin is the most amazing, and again thank you for your help admins :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Lithographica on September 29, 2014, 01:56:33 AM
A big thanks to the moderator for putting all this together - it must have been a lot of work!  :)

If it's not against the rules to ask... does anyone know what company makes the Brontosaur figures in diorama #54? (I'm not asking about the photographer, just the company that made the figures).
They look like customised Safari Apatosaurus.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: predino on September 29, 2014, 02:05:41 AM
Are votes anomous? Yea cant spell. Rough evening.

What is the name of the animal in 49? Triassic baskers. Again sorry cant spell.

Yep, all anonymous.

The animals in 49 are Henodus and Placodus.

Libraraptor

It was hard, but I made my vote! Good luck, everyone!

Megalosaurus

At first I decided to vote for my entry ONLY. But I actually vote my TOP 8.  ;D
As I have stated in the last contest, I don't like dioramas that are "photoshop masterpieces", so I prefer those that don't use it at all, or use it just to vanish a wire or an OOPArt.
Good look to everyone.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Patrx

I've elected not to vote for my own entry as a matter of principle, though perhaps I might regret that in time  ;D

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Megalosaurus on September 29, 2014, 04:27:52 PM
At first I decided to vote for my entry ONLY. But I actually vote my TOP 8.  ;D
As I have stated in the last contest, I don't like dioramas that are "photoshop masterpieces", so I prefer those that don't use it at all, or use it just to vanish a wire or an OOPArt.
Good look to everyone.
I sincerely hope you're joking. But, I do agree with your point about photoshop- entries that overuse that programme don't tend to get my vote.

Ultimatedinoking

I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

DinoToyForum

I made a dramatic Youtube video of all the entries! I didn't add the titles and numbers but the video gives a nice overview of all the dioramas, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cQRoC5s6IQ

Gwangi

Such a great selection of entries. This one will be really hard. I think I'll take Admins advice and wait awhile to mull over my decisions and look them over again.

Megalosaurus

There are modern elements in at least 3 dioramas (?) I used to think it was against the rules of the contest.  C:-)
So will next contest allow laser guns on dinosaurs?  :o

---
Just kidding
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Megalosaurus on September 29, 2014, 06:29:09 PM
There are modern elements in at least 3 dioramas (?) I used to think it was against the rules of the contest.  C:-)
So will next contest allow laser guns on dinosaurs?  :o

---
Just kidding

The contest criteria are intentionally open-ended to allow for such creativity - it has certainly added some diversity to proceedings this year :) If, in the future, we continue to have as many entries as this year, then we could have categories.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Ridureyu on September 29, 2014, 01:46:06 AM
I feel awful. I accidentally submitted fewer than eight votes!

Did you accidentally click submit, or just get it wrong? :-\

amargasaurus cazaui

I keep trying to figure out entry 47 and if it is an original scene or the shot from the movie with the human figure altered......
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 29, 2014, 07:49:51 PM
I keep trying to figure out entry 47 and if it is an original scene or the shot from the movie with the human figure altered......

The entire scene appears recreated. The Tyrannosaurus is the Papo running rex, the car and fence appear hand made.

Federreptil

Entry No 47: If this question is serious – it's clearly all a model installation in perfect rain. The windows of the car is blind, the T-Rex a Papo and the running figure a miniature. But everyone looking at this is promptly in the original movie scene. So perfect done.

DinoToyForum

Just a quick note. If we find that anyone is cheating (or attempting to cheat) in the contest polls, this will result in disqualification, and the result will be corrected accordingly. We have ways to tell.  C:-)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.