News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur toy forum diorama contest 2014 - poll

Started by DinoToyForum, September 28, 2014, 08:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your top eight [8] dioramas

1. Death row
6 (4.6%)
2. Dining on the river
4 (3.1%)
3. Lunch on the wing
13 (9.9%)
4. Life in the Precambrian
11 (8.4%)
5. Migration
29 (22.1%)
6. A taller neck amongst the tall grass
4 (3.1%)
7. The deadly trap of the woods
4 (3.1%)
8. Easy prey?
9 (6.9%)
9. Where did he go?
14 (10.7%)
10. Dry season prowling
24 (18.3%)
11. Molṑn Lavé
3 (2.3%)
12. Bachelor of the pines
21 (16%)
13. Spinosaurus hunting
7 (5.3%)
14. Uninvited guest
5 (3.8%)
15. Separated from the herd/storm is coming
33 (25.2%)
16. The chase
10 (7.6%)
17. Starving in North Africa
17 (13%)
18. A desert standoff
16 (12.2%)
19. Here is where I met your mother, son
31 (23.7%)
20. The stealth approach of an apex predator
31 (23.7%)
21. Heatstroke
26 (19.8%)
22. Narcissus
8 (6.1%)
23. Triassic swim lessons
4 (3.1%)
24. Marching on
3 (2.3%)
25. The new hunter
8 (6.1%)
26. Attack from the depths
3 (2.3%)
27. Moonlight hunt
6 (4.6%)
28. The last supper
24 (18.3%)
29. Between a rock and a hard place
14 (10.7%)
30. This ocean ain't big enough for the both of us
32 (24.4%)
31. The intruder
24 (18.3%)
32. On the beach
48 (36.6%)
33. Coastal Carnotaurus
1 (0.8%)
34. Rexy's nest
2 (1.5%)
35. An early bird
12 (9.2%)
36. The fatal hour
10 (7.6%)
37. Unexpected gifts in the river
9 (6.9%)
38. Spino - great - dino
10 (7.6%)
39. Swampland misery
10 (7.6%)
40. Clever girl
4 (3.1%)
41. Horrible horn horde
56 (42.7%)
42. Hunt in the mud
6 (4.6%)
43. This slope will be fatal for one of them
5 (3.8%)
44. Cornered
9 (6.9%)
45. Treetop flyer
2 (1.5%)
46. Dilophosaurus vs Massospondylus
18 (13.7%)
47. Unfortunate showdown
29 (22.1%)
48. Day of migration
9 (6.9%)
49. Triassic baskers
6 (4.6%)
50. Watch your chops
3 (2.3%)
51. Sun down. The hunt begins
10 (7.6%)
52. Respectful distance
4 (3.1%)
53. That looks delicious!
2 (1.5%)
54. Brontosaurus brawl
6 (4.6%)
55. Cretaceous cliffs
17 (13%)
56. Desert duel
2 (1.5%)
57. Fearsome tyrant's pass
21 (16%)
58. Breakfast at Tiffany
13 (9.9%)
59. Can't run
5 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 07:44:16 PM

Hynerpeton

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 29, 2014, 07:29:38 AM
Quote from: predino on September 29, 2014, 02:05:41 AM
Are votes anomous? Yea cant spell. Rough evening.

What is the name of the animal in 49? Triassic baskers. Again sorry cant spell.

Yep, all anonymous.

The animals in 49 are Henodus and Placodus.

Thanks. Btw bought a henodus. :)
Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

amargasaurus cazaui

Mine was an honest sincere question. I dont collect Papo so I did not recognize the model. I would say if anything my question would seem a compliment to the creator of the picture....but certainly nothing negative intended.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Ridureyu

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 29, 2014, 07:27:16 PM
Quote from: Ridureyu on September 29, 2014, 01:46:06 AM
I feel awful. I accidentally submitted fewer than eight votes!

Did you accidentally click submit, or just get it wrong? :-\

I accidentally clicked submit.

laticauda

My Vote has been cast!  First, interesting and great submissions by everyone.  Second, the last of the 8 votes, was the hardest to vote for!  Third, Not voting for your own submission with the last pick was hard to do.  Forth, let's hear it for the ad-min for putting on this awesome contest.  So now begins the long month of waiting to see which diorama wins! 

Ultimatedinoking

I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

amargasaurus cazaui

Day two examining the entries is always fun for me, i see things I missed the first day. I just hope my entry at least wins 59th place !!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Ultimatedinoking

I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

DinoToyForum

laticauda

Ultimatedinoking

-UDK

amargasaurus cazaui

I counted at least five pictures with Spinosaurus or about 8.5 percent of the entries, in spite of all the recent upheaval about the dinosaur......kinda surprising. I wondered if the recent findings would slow down the amount of entries for it, but apparently not so much

laticauda

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 29, 2014, 10:44:16 PM
I counted at least five pictures with Spinosaurus or about 8.5 percent of the entries, in spite of all the recent upheaval about the dinosaur......kinda surprising. I wondered if the recent findings would slow down the amount of entries for it, but apparently not so much

It's a guess, but I would figure many people had their dioramas done before the current upheaval on Spinosaurus. 

Ultimatedinoking

-UDK

laticauda

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on September 29, 2014, 10:15:08 PM
How big dose the pic size need to be? ???

If you mean for the diorama contest then :Entries should be submitted as a .jpg file 1000px wide.

Gwangi

Well it was a difficult process but I managed narrow things down and cast my votes. And yeah, I may have voted for myself but it might be the only vote I get so I don't feel too bad about it.

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: laticauda on September 29, 2014, 10:53:21 PM

If you mean for the diorama contest then :Entries should be submitted as a .jpg file 1000px wide.

Wow, that's huge. Cool.  8)
-UDK

Aram-Rex

Haven't voted for myself, no matter how many votes I'll get. IMO there are too many good entrys and It won't be fair to vote for myself. Great effort put in by all the contestants. It's a shame also there are no paleontologists judging this year.

Megalosaurus

I vote for my entry and for other 7 great ones. This way I ensure to have al least 1 vote  :'( .

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on September 29, 2014, 10:49:55 PM
Ok, no one listens to me.  :'(
Perhaps is because in a forum all members "read" not "listen".  ^-^    just jocking.

Is it to late to post an entry?  ???
Yes is tooooo late. Deathline was Sep27.

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on September 29, 2014, 09:53:44 PM
Can anyone join?  ???
Yes.

1000px wide if horizontal. 1000px tall if vertical. [Edit: lol You have that answer already]

The contest is an annual event. So we must wait a whole year before the next one. Meanwhile you can experiment some diorama ideas, take some shoots, and finally prepare your own Diorama Entry for the next year's contest.
The answers to all your questions were already given in the following threads:
General discusion about diorama contests are here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2101.0
Rules & regulations for 2014 contest are posted here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2227.0
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Megalosaurus on September 29, 2014, 11:13:25 PM
I vote for my entry and for other 7 great ones. This way I ensure to have al least 1 vote  :'( .

Ok, no one listens to me.  :'(
Perhaps is because in a forum all members "read" not "listen".  ^-^    just jocking.

Is it to late to post an entry?  ???
Yes is tooooo late. Deathline was Sep27.

Quote from: Ultimatedinoking on September 29, 2014, 09:53:44 PM
Can anyone join?  ???
Yes.

1000px wide if horizontal. 1000px tall if vertical. [Edit: lol You have that answer already]

The contest is an annual event. So we must wait a whole year before the next one. Meanwhile you can experiment some diorama ideas, take some shoots, and finally prepare your own Diorama Entry for the next year's contest.
The answers to all your questions were already given in the following threads:
General discusion about diorama contests are here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2101.0
Rules & regulations for 2014 contest are posted here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2227.0

No! I was one day late!  :'( oh well, I will try for next year!  :)
-UDK

DinoG

Run!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.