News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur toy forum diorama contest 2014 - poll

Started by DinoToyForum, September 28, 2014, 08:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your top eight [8] dioramas

1. Death row
6 (4.6%)
2. Dining on the river
4 (3.1%)
3. Lunch on the wing
13 (9.9%)
4. Life in the Precambrian
11 (8.4%)
5. Migration
29 (22.1%)
6. A taller neck amongst the tall grass
4 (3.1%)
7. The deadly trap of the woods
4 (3.1%)
8. Easy prey?
9 (6.9%)
9. Where did he go?
14 (10.7%)
10. Dry season prowling
24 (18.3%)
11. Molṑn Lavé
3 (2.3%)
12. Bachelor of the pines
21 (16%)
13. Spinosaurus hunting
7 (5.3%)
14. Uninvited guest
5 (3.8%)
15. Separated from the herd/storm is coming
33 (25.2%)
16. The chase
10 (7.6%)
17. Starving in North Africa
17 (13%)
18. A desert standoff
16 (12.2%)
19. Here is where I met your mother, son
31 (23.7%)
20. The stealth approach of an apex predator
31 (23.7%)
21. Heatstroke
26 (19.8%)
22. Narcissus
8 (6.1%)
23. Triassic swim lessons
4 (3.1%)
24. Marching on
3 (2.3%)
25. The new hunter
8 (6.1%)
26. Attack from the depths
3 (2.3%)
27. Moonlight hunt
6 (4.6%)
28. The last supper
24 (18.3%)
29. Between a rock and a hard place
14 (10.7%)
30. This ocean ain't big enough for the both of us
32 (24.4%)
31. The intruder
24 (18.3%)
32. On the beach
48 (36.6%)
33. Coastal Carnotaurus
1 (0.8%)
34. Rexy's nest
2 (1.5%)
35. An early bird
12 (9.2%)
36. The fatal hour
10 (7.6%)
37. Unexpected gifts in the river
9 (6.9%)
38. Spino - great - dino
10 (7.6%)
39. Swampland misery
10 (7.6%)
40. Clever girl
4 (3.1%)
41. Horrible horn horde
56 (42.7%)
42. Hunt in the mud
6 (4.6%)
43. This slope will be fatal for one of them
5 (3.8%)
44. Cornered
9 (6.9%)
45. Treetop flyer
2 (1.5%)
46. Dilophosaurus vs Massospondylus
18 (13.7%)
47. Unfortunate showdown
29 (22.1%)
48. Day of migration
9 (6.9%)
49. Triassic baskers
6 (4.6%)
50. Watch your chops
3 (2.3%)
51. Sun down. The hunt begins
10 (7.6%)
52. Respectful distance
4 (3.1%)
53. That looks delicious!
2 (1.5%)
54. Brontosaurus brawl
6 (4.6%)
55. Cretaceous cliffs
17 (13%)
56. Desert duel
2 (1.5%)
57. Fearsome tyrant's pass
21 (16%)
58. Breakfast at Tiffany
13 (9.9%)
59. Can't run
5 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Voting closed: October 28, 2014, 07:44:16 PM

Gwangi

Quote from: Aram-Rex on September 29, 2014, 11:10:05 PM
Haven't voted for myself, no matter how many votes I'll get. IMO there are too many good entrys and It won't be fair to vote for myself. Great effort put in by all the contestants. It's a shame also there are no paleontologists judging this year.

In an attempt to defend myself but not start an argument I would like to briefly touch on this subject. First off, we get 8 votes and IMO, mine was one of the good ones. When you have 8 entries to pick from I don't see the harm in tossing a vote in your own direction. That's not to say I couldn't have found another to substitute it with but unlike the other entries I know what work went into my own diorama. It might not even translate well into the result but I promise, I don't ever submit something that did not require a great deal or thought and/or effort. I deserve at least one vote, even if it is my own. If someone does not want to vote for their own entry that's fine but I hope those who are of that opinion won't come down on those of us that did. There is no shame in giving yourself that little bit of credit. The entries that deserve votes will get them, regardless of where I placed one of mine.

Aram-Rex

Quote from: Gwangi on September 29, 2014, 11:34:40 PM
Haven't voted for myself, no matter how many votes I'll get. IMO there are too many good entrys and It won't be fair to vote for myself. Great effort put in by all the contestants. It's a shame also there are no paleontologists judging this year.

In an attempt to defend myself but not start an argument I would like to briefly touch on this subject. First off, we get 8 votes and IMO, mine was one of the good ones. When you have 8 entries to pick from I don't see the harm in tossing a vote in your own direction. That's not to say I couldn't have found another to substitute it with but unlike the other entries I know what work went into my own diorama. It might not even translate well into the result but I promise, I don't ever submit something that did not require a great deal or thought and/or effort. I deserve at least one vote, even if it is my own. If someone does not want to vote for their own entry that's fine but I hope those who are of that opinion won't come down on those of us that did. There is no shame in giving yourself that little bit of credit. The entries that deserve votes will get them, regardless of where I placed one of mine.

Can't say I don't agree mate, absolutely. It depends on the person's valuation of his work. I've done a lot to make it, but as a person It's hard for me to vote for myself. It wouldn't be fare for me, for myself. I'm not saying you've done a wrong thing, not a single bit. It's myself ''me'' that I can't vote :D. It's just me. I don't find anything wrong with you voting for yourself. But I do in my case :).

Gwangi

Quote from: Aram-Rex on September 29, 2014, 11:50:22 PM

Can't say I don't agree mate, absolutely. It depends on the person's valuation of his work. I've done a lot to make it, but as a person It's hard for me to vote for myself. It wouldn't be fare for me, for myself. I'm not saying you've done a wrong thing, not a single bit. It's myself ''me'' that I can't vote :D. It's just me. I don't find anything wrong with you voting for yourself. But I do in my case :).

I'll admit, it was hard to vote for myself too, but then I convinced myself that I earned at least that much. I just wanted to lay my views out on the table for anyone that might jump down someones throat (not necessarily you) over what could be a controversial opinion.

Aram-Rex

Quote from: Gwangi on September 30, 2014, 12:06:47 AM

I'll admit, it was hard to vote for myself too, but then I convinced myself that I earned at least that much. I just wanted to lay my views out on the table for anyone that might jump down someones throat (not necessarily you) over what could be a controversial opinion.

No, no, no. I'm not jumping down on anyone's throat. I'm just saying that I accept you voting for yourself but not me voting for myself. That is all.

Gwangi

Quote from: Aram-Rex on September 30, 2014, 12:11:53 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on September 30, 2014, 12:06:47 AM

No, no, no. I'm not jumping down on anyone's throat. I'm just saying that I accept you voting for yourself but not me voting for myself. That is all.

Right, and I'm not accusing you for it either. You just prompted me to put it out there before someone else brought it up. No worries.

Bokisaurus

Voted, great job everyone! It's always fun to see all the diorama together :D

sauroid

finally picked my eight best. good luck to everyone
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ARUL on September 30, 2014, 03:28:31 PM
Quote from: DinoG on September 29, 2014, 11:18:56 PM
Pity I didn't have 15 votes...

what do you mean ?

He wished he could vote for more because there are so many worthy entries :)

Sim

I just voted for my 8 favourite dioramas!  I haven't entered in this diorama contest.  Well done to everyone involved in this contest!  I really enjoyed looking at all the entries!  I can see a lot of work and thought went into the dioramas!

Quote from: Federreptil on September 28, 2014, 10:00:29 PM
Well, one winner is clear. The running green T-Rex of Papo! This guy is the the hero in the most entries. Followed by the mooing Styraco - also made by Papo. But looking in the different scenes  they made always a good figure.
Yeah, they're the figures that appear in the most dioramas!  However, I disagree - I don't like either of those figures!

Quote from: Aram-Rex on September 28, 2014, 11:13:31 PM
The Papo Tyrannosaur makes every diorama look good. #Fact
I actually feel kind of the opposite...  I don't like any of the Papo Tyrannosauruses!

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on September 29, 2014, 10:44:16 PM
I counted at least five pictures with Spinosaurus or about 8.5 percent of the entries, in spite of all the recent upheaval about the dinosaur......kinda surprising. I wondered if the recent findings would slow down the amount of entries for it, but apparently not so much
I'm not surprised.  There's still disagreement over how Spinosaurus looked, and as some of the non-Spinosaurus figures in entries show, not everyone is concerned about accuracy.  The recent new information about Spinosaurus might have reduced the amount of entries with it though!

Gwangi

Quote from: Sim on September 30, 2014, 09:08:12 PM
I counted at least five pictures with Spinosaurus or about 8.5 percent of the entries, in spite of all the recent upheaval about the dinosaur......kinda surprising. I wondered if the recent findings would slow down the amount of entries for it, but apparently not so much
I'm not surprised.  There's still disagreement over how Spinosaurus looked, and as some of the non-Spinosaurus figures in entries show, not everyone is concerned about accuracy.  The recent new information about Spinosaurus might have reduced the amount of entries with it though!

It could also be that they had submitted their entries before the big reveal, or just aren't up to speed on the latest news. I'm willing to bet that a lot of people just join to enter the contest and never really become forum regulars.

laticauda

Even though I voted, I asked my 3 year old to point to the ones he liked!  Well, I am sad because he didn't pick mine. :(  On a cheerful note, he loved looking at all the pictures and liked them all.  He would get excited with every T-Rex, and Spinosaurus picture.  Then my two year old would point to every Sauropod and giggle and say long-necks.   8)

Aram-Rex

QuoteI actually feel kind of the opposite...  I don't like any of the Papo Tyrannosauruses!

Strange, because the Papo Tyrannosaurs are the best looking, detailed and beautiful figures you'll find at the moment.
Especially the new running one. The detail and ferociousness on that face is amazingly done. Might not be accurate, but It's more than enough to fill me with joy everytime I enter my room and see it in my collection. 99% of Papo figures are nearly perfect, I'd even say.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Aram-Rex on September 30, 2014, 11:59:04 PM
QuoteI actually feel kind of the opposite...  I don't like any of the Papo Tyrannosauruses!

Strange, because the Papo Tyrannosaurs are the best looking, detailed and beautiful figures you'll find at the moment.
Especially the new running one. The detail and ferociousness on that face is amazingly done. Might not be accurate, but It's more than enough to fill me with joy everytime I enter my room and see it in my collection. 99% of Papo figures are nearly perfect. End of.

Matter of opinion, not fact. Statements like "end of" goad people. Please be more considerate of other people's tastes. Thank you!

Aram-Rex

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 01, 2014, 12:22:50 AM

Especially the new running one. The detail and ferociousness on that face is amazingly done. Might not be accurate, but It's more than enough to fill me with joy everytime I enter my room and see it in my collection. 99% of Papo figures are nearly perfect. End of.

Matter of opinion, not fact. Statements like "end of" goad people. Please be more considerate of other people's tastes. Thank you!

Changed.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Aram-Rex on October 01, 2014, 12:34:30 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 01, 2014, 12:22:50 AM

Changed.
Thanks! I appreciate it. C:-)

Sim

Quote from: Gwangi on September 30, 2014, 10:23:50 PM
Quote from: Sim on September 30, 2014, 09:08:12 PM

It could also be that they had submitted their entries before the big reveal, or just aren't up to speed on the latest news. I'm willing to bet that a lot of people just join to enter the contest and never really become forum regulars.
Those are possibilities too!

Especially the new running one. The detail and ferociousness on that face is amazingly done. Might not be accurate, but It's more than enough to fill me with joy everytime I enter my room and see it in my collection. 99% of Papo figures are nearly perfect, I'd even say.
That's your opinion.  I don't agree.  I don't like the inaccuracies on all 6 Papo Tyrannosaurus and I really dislike the pose of the adult sitting? (it's hard to tell what they're doing) Tyrannosaurus.  I don't like the brown Papo T. rex paint jobs, but the green ones are nice enough.  I like the pose of the "running" Tyrannosaurus, but I find it ugly.  People can have different preferences, I'd be surprised if everyone liked the same things!  I don't like Papo's prehistoric animals, but I can see why others do!  It seemed to me that you and Federreptil thought everyone would like the Papo dinosaurs you referred to.  I don't think there is anything wrong with saying I don't like them.

DinoToyForum

Stay on topic folks. There is a place for Papo figure discussion. Thanks!  C:-)

Arul

No matter what is your model for your diorama,the most important is "imagination".(heru maulana,one of the best indonesia diorama artist)

I think all contestant have a big imagination because their diorama looks great and entertaining :D

Ikessauro

Great entries this year. I hope mine will get a few votes at least. I didn't vote for myself, but already picked my 8 favorites. So hard to choose, but in the end I voted for the ones which in my opinion had been made with great effort by the contestants. Good luck everybody!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.