News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Server issues

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

One thing I'm not sure about with the new forum is whether my server will take the load.  :-\
Does the forum ever go down? For how long?
Please post any server issues you encounter here so I know if I need to take action :)

DinoToyForum

Just to confirm that the dinotoyblog.com server went offline for an hour or so earlier today. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Tylosaurus

we had a down time of about 55 minutes Doc, Do your servers have enough ram and CPU's to take the load? What OS is it running?
If you seek help configuration Server hardware I may be able to help out ;)

DinoToyForum

We've had some reports of recent sluggishness on the forum, has anyone encountered problems recently? Reports that all is working fine are also welcome!

Himmapaan

I think I must just be extremely unlucky!  ;D It's doing better at present, though for how long?  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

I get a lot of server connection reset messages..have been since just after the new forum started really.

DinoToyForum

I may need to upgrade soon. Whatever that actually involves.  :-[

Seijun

I also get a lot of connection reset messages. Other times, pages load without any css styling.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Seijun on May 23, 2012, 12:21:00 AM
I also get a lot of connection reset messages. Other times, pages load without any css styling.

Same here. I guess it happens to all of us?

DinoToyForum

Thanks for the heads up, guys. Your feedback is really valuable. Does this happen frequently, i.e. every time you are on the site? Or is it sporadic?

Himmapaan

For me, sporadic, though frequently enough to be called 'regular'.

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 23, 2012, 11:45:43 PM

Ditto. It seems to happen in "clusters" though. It'll do it a few times, or it won't do it at all. Weird... Gotta love technology right?

Seijun

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 23, 2012, 11:45:43 PM

I visit the DTF every day and the "server reset" messages always happen at least once.
The css problem happens frequently for me, about once for every 4-6 pages I visit.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

DinoToyForum

In the forum chat, Postsaurischian mentioned "I've also been getting these 'page not found' messages for a few days. The problem is usually quickly solved by refreshening the page but it's unpleasant."

That's exactly what I've been experiencing too. Refreshing the page usually works, but it is annoying. I think the server is momentarily dropping out. If it continues I'll look for a fix. Sorry everyone!

Ikessauro

Each time I open DTF in my browser I get some sort of error. Probably it's the one that you mentioned, but way more often that I would like.  :-\

EDIT: Haha, even when i posted this, as I clicked the "Save" button I got the white page with Error 404.

Seijun

Getting a lot of 404's here also, in addition to pages loading without css.

DinoToyForum

Yeah, it seems to be getting pretty bad. Thanks for letting me know, it helps me get a picture of the extent of the problem. I'll see if I can upgrade the DTB server, if not, I'll have to move to a new more expensive one.  C:-)

brontodocus

Argh, I've had the same problem regularly the last few days. Even right now when I was logging in... :-\

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

DinoToyForum

I've contacted my service provider to see what can be done. Again, apologies for the inconvenience  :-[
Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

stoneage

I'm having problems also.  Sometimes when I'm posting or trying to go to a new page I have to try 3 or 4 times.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.