News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Server issues

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 02:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Reptilia on May 12, 2018, 12:32:11 PM
Who's attacking our forum, hackers recruited by Rebor?  ;D

;D

DinoToyForum

I know, I know, I'm sorry. :(

DinoToyForum

Too much downtime. It is frustrating but I'm working on a permanent solution (increased capacity).

DinoToyForum

The server seems to be running slowly for me, especially on the blog. Sorry if anyone else is experiencing this, I'm looking into it...

IrritatorRaji

It's actually been running fine for me, I've had no issues with it as of late

DinoToyForum

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on October 07, 2018, 08:40:50 PM
It's actually been running fine for me, I've had no issues with it as of late

Even the blog? It seems really slow to respond to me. :-\

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 07, 2018, 09:14:06 PM

Even the blog has been fine for me, was using it earlier to read through all the Archeopteryx reviews, had no slow down at all :o

DinoToyForum

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on October 07, 2018, 09:56:04 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 07, 2018, 09:14:06 PM

Even the blog has been fine for me, was using it earlier to read through all the Archeopteryx reviews, had no slow down at all :o

Well, I'm pleased to hear it. :) I wonder why I'm experiencing issues. Today it has been taking 10-20 seconds just to load a page.

Ravonium

Is it just me, or has the forum been loading more slowly than usual for the last few days?

DinoToyForum

Yeah, something is wrong, I'm looking into it.  C:-)

DinoToyForum

CPU was running unusually high which was causing the server to be sluggish. It is fixed now. Thanks for your patience, I know how annoying it is when the pages load slowly (or not at all).

ceratopsian

Thanks for dealing with this.  Your efforts to keep the forum running are always appreciated!

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 25, 2018, 04:14:39 PM
CPU was running unusually high which was causing the server to be sluggish. It is fixed now. Thanks for your patience, I know how annoying it is when the pages load slowly (or not at all).

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 25, 2018, 04:55:55 PM
Thanks for dealing with this.  Your efforts to keep the forum running are always appreciated!

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 25, 2018, 04:14:39 PM

Oh, thanks. :) It is a shame when things go awry because trouble-shooting takes time away for doing the creative stuff. For example, I had intended to write and post a review for the Dinotoyblog on Wednesday (my day off 'work work'), but ended up faffing around trying to work out what was wrong with the server instead.

My host says the problem this time was due to brute force attacks on the server, which generate many logs that take up space and have a knock on effect on other server functions.

Hey, even Youtube was down for some time the other week. If it can happen to Google, what chance do I have.  :P

DinoToyForum

Some of you may have noticed the Dinotoyblog was down for a few hours earlier today. It was just an issue with a setting. Otherwise, the server has been pretty reliable for the past year or so.  ^-^

SidB

Thanks for your vigilance.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Helo.

I do not know, if this fits the Thread, since its about the Blog itself, but since a few weeks, i often have Problems getting on the Blog.
I am no IT Person, but i felt to post something about it. Does that mean, the Blog is so popular, that the Server can't handle it? :D

No no. Says, the rules are maybe too strict? Or am i too strict with all my safety Addons? EDIT: could be the Ghostery anti tracking Addon i use with Firefox. Sorry for teh Trouble. I just kepp it here. Maybe this helps other People. But i'll try to have a look, if it is really just Ghostery. And of course i do have the Addblocker disabled normally on the Blog and Forum aswell.

I had this with two different Computers. I can't say something about the Phone, since i seldomly use my Phone to visit the Blog.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on March 04, 2021, 12:25:41 PM
Helo.

I do not know, if this fits the Thread, since its about the Blog itself, but since a few weeks, i often have Problems getting on the Blog.
I am no IT Person, but i felt to post something about it. Does that mean, the Blog is so popular, that the Server can't handle it? :D

No no. Says, the rules are maybe too strict? Or am i too strict with all my safety Addons? EDIT: could be the Ghostery anti tracking Addon i use with Firefox. Sorry for teh Trouble. I just kepp it here. Maybe this helps other People. But i'll try to have a look, if it is really just Ghostery. And of course i do have the Addblocker disabled normally on the Blog and Forum aswell.

I had this with two different Computers. I can't say something about the Phone, since i seldomly use my Phone to visit the Blog.

Hmm, well I haven't done anything to block visitors, so I suspect it is a conflict between Wordfence (the security plugin used on my site and server) and one of your add-ons. Unless anyone else is experiencing this error message I expect it is only you who is receiving it?

... or the site is under attack...

DinoToyForum

I just adjusted the rate-limiting settings on the blog, has that helped?

DinoToyForum

The forum and blog may go down for an hour or two later today while some server maintenance is being performed.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 06, 2022, 11:40:14 AM
The forum and blog may go down for an hour or two later today while some server maintenance is being performed.

This maintenance didn't take place last Friday so it has been rescheduled for today. So, apologies for any inconvenience if the sites go down for a while later.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.