News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur toy forum diorama contest 2014 - Results

Started by DinoToyForum, October 29, 2014, 05:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

The results of the poll are in and I'm delighted to formally announce the winners of the Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2014, sponsored by Everything Dinosaur. The three prize winners are as follows:

1st Place. Diorama 41. Horrible horn horde, by federreptil

2nd Place. Diorama 32. On the beach, by Seismosaurus

3rd Place. Diorama 15. Separated from the herd/storm is coming, by irimali

Congratulations to all three prize winners! There are also three honourable mentions:

Honourable mention 1. Diorama 30. This ocean ain't big enough for the both of us, by Mr. Challenger

Honourable mention 2. Diorama 19. Here is where I met your mother, son; by Arul

Honourable mention 3. Diorama 20. The stealth approach of an apex predator, by Dinoczars

Thanks to everyone who participated and voted, making this the biggest contest to date. There were so many excellent dioramas this year and the battle for third place and honourable mentions was incredibly tight! I'll be in touch with the three prize winners soon to arrange their prizes. Lastly, thanks again to Everything Dinosaur, for sponsoring us!

Megalosaurus

Congratulations to the winners!

I'm surprised by 2nd place, is so simple, yet it caught the hearts of many members.

Really I did'n expected any of the 3 to win. What a surprise. But I'm happy for all of you. Also I like a lot the Diorama 19.

Good job everyone.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Federreptil

Congratulations to the other winners and to everyone who has participated this election.
Many thanks to my friends at the shooting, without their support it would be not so good.
Special thanks to the admin for his huge work to manage the contest.

I'm very lucky about the high voting for the horn horde. At the finish of making I lost a little bit the confidence to do the right thing. So I'm very delighted about this big backing.
This is a turbo motivation for the next contest. This year it's marvelous how many real fine entries could be judged and it was easy to find eight favorites beside the own one.
So I'm looking forward with joy for more dioramas in the next year.

In the diorama section in the 'not used for 2013-postings ' I will show some pictures of preparation, making-of and details.

Well done to everyone again.

laticauda

:)Congratulations to the winners and to all who participated.  Amazing how many people had a entry, makes you wonder how many there will be for next year.  I voted for only one of the top three (if I remember correctly), but with such great entries, I had no idea who was going to take it home.  :)

Gwangi

Congrats to all the winners, the only one I predicted was "Horrible Horn Horde". I figured it might win if not at least place.

Arul

Honourable mention  :D the honour is mine vote by you guys, thanks a lot   ;) i will show how it made soon   :)) again thank you to admin, sponsor, and all of member  :) congrats especially to federreptile the 2 times 1st winner consecutively  ^-^

Everything_Dinosaur

A very worthy winner in what was a contest with a very high standard of entries. Congratulations to the winners and to those who got an honourable mention.  We at Everything Dinosaur have been proud to sponsor this year's contest and we look forward to sending out the prizes.  Well done once again to everyone who took part.

Bokisaurus

:))
Congratulations to all the winners and to all who participated in this years contest! truly a show of talents and creativity!

Libraraptor

Congrats to all the winners! Second 1st place in a row for federreptil!

Meso-Cenozoic

Just remembered to look back here. Congrats to all the winners! I think I voted for all of them!  :))

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur has written a short blog article praising the competition entries and showcasing the talents of the three prize winners.  We shall be in sending out the prizes shortly.

Article: Showcasing the Competition Entries

Once again our congratulations to everyone who has taken part and we shall post up pics of the "honourable mentions" on the Everything Dinosaur blog in the near future.

Arul

Thanks A lot to Everything Dinosaur for the support :)

Everything_Dinosaur

You are most welcome, we have posted up pics on our Facebook page and also put up an article on the Everything Dinosaur blog about the contest winners.

You can see the article here: In Praise of the Contest Winners

We will try and post up more pics and an article featuring the honourable mentions in the near future, just a bit tied up today what with SVP and other projects.

Arul

Federreptil

Finally a special thank to the very committed sponsor of this contest: Everything Dinosaur.
Last week the prize safely arrived: Five more dinos for new dioramas. I hope the other winners are also pleased.
Here is my group:

And again a big thank to all the members who voted for the 'horrible horn horde'. Without your kind support this five protagonist would find another home.

DinoToyForum

Arul

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

Wow i wish i could at least be an honorable mention maybe some day.......
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.