News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Price Check and Evaluation? (Stegosaurus & Triceratops, both with box.)

Started by W164, January 03, 2015, 08:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W164

Not long ago I stumbled upon these two Dino Riders figures with their respective boxes. A lot of the parts are still in the plastic bags, and the mini-comics are included. Both figures appear to be 100% complete, but I could be wrong on that front.

The first figure, the Stegosaurus, has suffered some battery corrosion and doesn't work because of it. Possibly repairable? The Triceratops works very well. Both boxes have quite a bit of wear and clear packing tape.

Stegosaurus photo album: https://imgur.com/a/NLyB4
Triceratops photo album: https://imgur.com/a/ZNyHO

Judging from the photos, what would a fair price be for each individually? Also, does the Stegosaurus appear to be repairable? Thanks in advance for any help.

stargatedalek

Battery corrosion can be removed by dipping a cotton swap in some vinegar and rubbing gently, than take another cotton swap with baking soda and repeat, and then again with a cotton swap with only water to wipe way any residue. This isn't a guaranteed fix, but it should remove the caked on battery acid in the compartment. Be careful to make sure everything is completely dry before you test it out.

Mr. P

The triceratops grey parts look very off colored, the 5th pic down, the bottom bag on the right.  They all match color thou, that kinda dark tan, i kinda like it.  $75-$115.  The Stego on the other hand is awesome! Especially the armor, it is hard to find perfect armor for this dino,  if the dino is fixable good if not oh well, the armor is what sells here!  $225+

W164

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 03, 2015, 08:51:16 PM
Battery corrosion can be removed by dipping a cotton swap in some vinegar and rubbing gently, than take another cotton swap with baking soda and repeat, and then again with a cotton swap with only water to wipe way any residue. This isn't a guaranteed fix, but it should remove the caked on battery acid in the compartment. Be careful to make sure everything is completely dry before you test it out.
Thanks! I'll give it a try when I have the chance.
Quote from: Mr. P on January 03, 2015, 09:44:21 PM
The triceratops grey parts look very off colored, the 5th pic down, the bottom bag on the right.  They all match color thou, that kinda dark tan, i kinda like it.  $75-$115.  The Stego on the other hand is awesome! Especially the armor, it is hard to find perfect armor for this dino,  if the dino is fixable good if not oh well, the armor is what sells here!  $225+
Thanks for the evaluation!

actionbryan

Concur, don't spend time trying to fix the Stego, it is easily replaced. The parts are a little different story. The cones that hold the four blasters in shape are just as hard to find mint as any third series piece accessory.

Dinomike

I used to have the Stego! Sold it at a flea market years ago. Wouldn't do that any more as it was a fully working specimen.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.