News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Our favourite eBay sellers (updated April 2016)

Started by DinoToyForum, April 14, 2012, 03:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

I've got most of my Kaiyodos from jubei88, great, reliable seller from Hong Kong.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Alexxitator

Maybe it would be an interesting idea to do the poll again? A lot can change in a year!
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Halichoeres

Just wanted to give a mixed review of seller toyofspark. They sold me a large lot of Kaiyodo and Capcom items, including Expo figures. One was broken (into many pieces), and when I asked for a replacement or refund for that single piece, they first tried to sell me a $1000 lot that contained another copy, then said that they would send a replacement, but only if I paid $25 additional for shipping. I found the whole experience rather frustrating, but do with the information what you will.

This is in contrast to eBay seller klooi, who sold me an item with one small piece broken and immediately sent a replacement for free. So three cheers for klooi.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoLord

Back when I started collecting Dinotales years ago toyofspark always struck me as exorbitantly overpriced. Pretty much everything he sells you can get cheaper from brettnj.

Halichoeres

Quote from: DinoLord on November 03, 2015, 12:11:50 AM
Back when I started collecting Dinotales years ago toyofspark always struck me as exorbitantly overpriced. Pretty much everything he sells you can get cheaper from brettnj.
You're right, their asking prices are generally outrageous, but on this one they accepted a best offer which was about on par with Brett's prices, especially given that they didn't charge me for the initial shipping. The big difference is that I know Brett will replace broken items (hasn't happened to me, but I've seen him offer it to others).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

DinoLord

Brett has definitely compensated me for broken items in the past.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 02, 2015, 09:17:46 PM
Just wanted to give a mixed review of seller toyofspark. They sold me a large lot of Kaiyodo and Capcom items, including Expo figures. One was broken (into many pieces), and when I asked for a replacement or refund for that single piece, they first tried to sell me a $1000 lot that contained another copy, then said that they would send a replacement, but only if I paid $25 additional for shipping. I found the whole experience rather frustrating, but do with the information what you will.

This is in contrast to eBay seller klooi, who sold me an item with one small piece broken and immediately sent a replacement for free. So three cheers for klooi.
well if you landed an extra capcom psittacosaurus let me know...I can get a tube of super glue ! ;) ;) ;)
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Halichoeres

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on November 03, 2015, 03:09:59 PM
well if you landed an extra capcom psittacosaurus let me know...I can get a tube of super glue ! ;) ;) ;)
I would definitely let you know in that event! No such luck, sadly. But I have a Fukuiraptor skeleton with a broken jaw.

Moodyraptor

Have to give a shout-out to bookhuntingtim6o9c - not only is he selling Battats and shipping them to the UK at some of the most reasonable prices I've seen, he made a special trip to Target for me to get a figure I was missing http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bookhuntingtim6o9c

empire3569

I would like to add this seller; they sell a very wide range of incredibly realistic diorama trees/plants, and they are in 1:35 scale.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/prassiri

DinoToyForum

I've updated the first post with the additional suggestions. More welcome. Any I should remove that are no longer active/relevant?

Flaffy

terrorchicken

has anyone ever purchased from Friendino78? They have alot of the 2016 Collecta releases.
http://stores.ebay.com/Friendino78?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

brettnj

Only just noticed this thread.

I see it was suggested my page be listed months ago but I don't think it was done.

Don't know the parameters of the thread but if appropriate I'd appreciate it being added.

And to anyone looking at it, I automatically sell anything there directly for 10% (occasionally more) less than the eBay price and have gotten most of the items that are or will be listed there for far less for my (almost 100) direct buyers who ordered upon original release or bid via me and my source on YAJ.

Thanks and thanks for the suggestion FR.
Brett

DinoToyForum

Quote from: brettnj on November 10, 2016, 01:10:04 AM
Only just noticed this thread.

I see it was suggested my page be listed months ago but I don't think it was done.

Don't know the parameters of the thread but if appropriate I'd appreciate it being added.

And to anyone looking at it, I automatically sell anything there directly for 10% (occasionally more) less than the eBay price and have gotten most of the items that are or will be listed there for far less for my (almost 100) direct buyers who ordered upon original release or bid via me and my source on YAJ.

Thanks and thanks for the suggestion FR.
Brett

Sure, I'll add it. What's the address?

DinoToyForum

brettnj

Correct re: board and eBay ID's.

I wouldn't mind you indicating in the first post, since Kaiyodos are widely enough available and things like Expo figures, etc. are tough to get, especially for fair prices, that I can get virtually anything from Japan.

Thanks again.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: brettnj on November 10, 2016, 02:36:41 PM
Correct re: board and eBay ID's.

I wouldn't mind you indicating in the first post, since Kaiyodos are widely enough available and things like Expo figures, etc. are tough to get, especially for fair prices, that I can get virtually anything from Japan.

Thanks again.

Done! 8)

brettnj

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.