Author Topic: Our favourite eBay sellers (updated April 2016)  (Read 13508 times)

Toasaurus

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: dreadnoughtus
Re: Our favourite eBay sellers (updated April 2016)
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2018, 07:54:02 PM »
Im confused on which vitae figures are which cause of the confusion but i really want to get them cheap with out accidentally orderingn the wrong figure

When I ordered Sinraptor and Zhejiangopterus, I noticed a discrepancy with the URL for the Sinraptor. When I clicked on the Sinraptor link, the page text said Sinraptor, and the photos were Sinraptor, but the URL referred to Chilantaisaurus. And the email confirming my order read "Chilantaisaurus" while the pictures show Sinraptor. The seller tells me I will receive what is pictured, which is what I want in Sinraptor, but regarding my Zhejiangopterus order, I know I clicked on and paid for the pterosaur, but the confirmation email reads and shows images of the nodosaur Zhenjiangosaurus. 

So until the package arrives, I don't know what I'm getting, and from other posts, it sounds like I won't be the first if I don't get what I ordered. An annoying inconvenience, but really no big deal; if the figures are wrong, I'll start the process of getting a refund or getting the right figures sent.
ok so is it safer to order ocf monsterhousehk even though everyone hates him and hes a bit pricey cause hes has the figures properly labled unlike the seller on aliexpress

stargatedalek

• Holocene survivor
  • Kawaii in the streets, and everywhere else I hope.
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Fratercula arctica
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2018, 08:01:00 PM »
Im confused on which vitae figures are which cause of the confusion but i really want to get them cheap with out accidentally orderingn the wrong figure

When I ordered Sinraptor and Zhejiangopterus, I noticed a discrepancy with the URL for the Sinraptor. When I clicked on the Sinraptor link, the page text said Sinraptor, and the photos were Sinraptor, but the URL referred to Chilantaisaurus. And the email confirming my order read "Chilantaisaurus" while the pictures show Sinraptor. The seller tells me I will receive what is pictured, which is what I want in Sinraptor, but regarding my Zhejiangopterus order, I know I clicked on and paid for the pterosaur, but the confirmation email reads and shows images of the nodosaur Zhenjiangosaurus. 

So until the package arrives, I don't know what I'm getting, and from other posts, it sounds like I won't be the first if I don't get what I ordered. An annoying inconvenience, but really no big deal; if the figures are wrong, I'll start the process of getting a refund or getting the right figures sent.
ok so is it safer to order ocf monsterhousehk even though everyone hates him and hes a bit pricey cause hes has the figures properly labled unlike the seller on aliexpress
No. If Aliexpress sends you the wrong ones you can request they fix it. At worst the additional cost is your time.

Toasaurus

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: dreadnoughtus
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2018, 10:33:14 PM »

No. If Aliexpress sends you the wrong ones you can request they fix it. At worst the additional cost is your time.
why though does everyone hate monsterhouse i ordered my chileantisaurus arrived safe and sound a weeks after i ordered it and i ordered off his ebay store so it should be safer cause its ebay right?

Georassic

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Allosaurus
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2018, 10:45:29 PM »

why though does everyone hate monsterhouse i ordered my chileantisaurus arrived safe and sound a weeks after i ordered it and i ordered off his ebay store so it should be safer cause its ebay right?

I think the disdain toward Monsterhousehk is that their prices are typically exorbitant. Many of their items can be found for less money on ebay or elsewhere. Otherwise, they're perfectly reputable, and I have bought from them before, via Facebook.

Back to the Vitae figures, there are ebay sellers listing those figures for prices similar to Aliexpress, including the free shipping. You can compare those prices directly to monsterhousehk prices for the same figures. If you are wary of Vitae, I recommend ebay.

stargatedalek

• Holocene survivor
  • Kawaii in the streets, and everywhere else I hope.
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Fratercula arctica
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2018, 05:12:16 AM »
MonsterHouse is absolutely not reputable.

They have used stolen photos for their listings.

They have used stock (or stolen) photos for listings of used items.

They inflate their shipping costs to gauge customers.

They use labels of multiple brands ("RARE KAIYODO YUJIN TAKARA WING MAU SCHLEICH").

I purchased an item from them that arrived deteriorated, the plastic sticky to the touch. They tried to convince me to use Citra-Solv on it (a harsh cleaning product that would destroy plastic figures). When I told them that there was no known fix for sticky plastic figures, they changed their tune and told me that this happens a lot and that I should have anticipated this as a risk, despite the product being advertised as "perfect, like new condition". Following the advice of members here I formally requested a refund through Ebay, and they changed again, pretending that they did not understand English despite using it fluently in communicating with me before that.

They also charged $40 shipping for an item that arrived (ruined) in just a padded envelope.

PhilSauria

• Cambrian survivor
    • View Profile
    • My Collection
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2018, 05:25:47 AM »
This company seems to have a very apt name - sounds quite terrifying to go in there!!

RobinGoodfellow

• Cretaceous survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Mosasaur
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2018, 07:30:15 AM »
MonsterHouse is absolutely not reputable.

They have used stolen photos for their listings.

They have used stock (or stolen) photos for listings of used items.

They inflate their shipping costs to gauge customers.

They use labels of multiple brands ("RARE KAIYODO YUJIN TAKARA WING MAU SCHLEICH").

I purchased an item from them that arrived deteriorated, the plastic sticky to the touch. They tried to convince me to use Citra-Solv on it (a harsh cleaning product that would destroy plastic figures). When I told them that there was no known fix for sticky plastic figures, they changed their tune and told me that this happens a lot and that I should have anticipated this as a risk, despite the product being advertised as "perfect, like new condition". Following the advice of members here I formally requested a refund through Ebay, and they changed again, pretending that they did not understand English despite using it fluently in communicating with me before that.

They also charged $40 shipping for an item that arrived (ruined) in just a padded envelope.

..well, you had a bad experience with MHHK and you're angry.
I did several transactions with MHHK without problems: before Amazon, I bought 3 big vinyl PNSO figures; I bougt hard-to-find X-Plus figures there and rare Kaiyodos on MHHK.
For sure MHHK is not the cheapest seller on the web but I can't say that he's not reputable..
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:30:55 AM by RobinGoodfellow »

ceratopsian

• Carboniferous survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2018, 08:22:33 AM »
To be fair to Monsterhouse, I too have bought from them occasionally, both direct and through eBay.  All my personal experiences have been good (if pricier than on e.g. Aliexpress).

dinotoyforum

• Dr Admin
  • Administrator
  • Ultimate survivor
  • Boy, do I hate being right all the time!
    • View Profile
    • The Dinosaur Toy Blog
  • Dinosaur: Rhomaleosaurus
  • v.1 status and posts: Admin (3,739 posts)
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2018, 10:49:56 AM »
 C:-) Moved discussion about MonsterHouseHK in the Aliexpress thread to this topic, where it seems more appropriate. MonsterHouseHK is not in our list of favourite ebay sellers. To be honest, the list could to with an update.

Doyouthinkhesaurus Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2020, 09:13:16 PM »
Hey just a warning, I don't know about Snertus's other figures, but his 2016 PNSO figures are fakes. If you take a quick look at them you can see the colors are completely off.

Halichoeres

• Social media team
  • Ultimate survivor
  • Ichthyologist, illustrator, urbanist
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Brembodus
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2020, 04:31:48 PM »
Hey just a warning, I don't know about Snertus's other figures, but his 2016 PNSO figures are fakes. If you take a quick look at them you can see the colors are completely off.

Interesting, everything else I've gotten from him has seemed to be genuine.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

My trade/sale/wishlist thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3299.0

Sometimes I draw pictures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4856.0