News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

10 Triassic Dinosaurs [complete]

Started by Takama, November 22, 2016, 12:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are the Top Ten Triassic Dinosaur toys?

Coelophysis (Starlux)
Coelophysis (Kinto Favorite)
Coelophysis (Kenner)
Coelophysis (Geoworld Jurassic hunters)
Coelophysis (Dinotales Series 5 by Kaiyodo)
Coelophysis (Wild Safari)
Liliensternus (CollectA)
Liliensternus (Bullyland)
Herrerasaurus (CollectA)
Herrerasaurus (Schleich)
Herrerasaurus/Frenguellisaurus (Dawn of the Dinosaurs Expo)
Musaurus (Gimiki's Journey)
Plateosaurus(Bullyland Version one)
Plateosaurus(Bullyland Version two)
Plateosaurus (Geoworld)
Plateosaurus (CollectA)
Plateosaurus (Kaiyodo Dino tales)
Plateosaurus (Carnegie Collection)
Plateosaurus (Marx)
Plateosaurus (Schleich)
Procompsognathus (Jasman)

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

I would have to choose the kenners because they have brought me a lot of joy in past years other than those my second choice would be the new safari figure because of the detail they put into it.
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: JurassicParkin on March 04, 2017, 03:23:31 AM
I would have to choose the kenners because they have brought me a lot of joy in past years other than those my second choice would be the new safari figure because of the detail they put into it.

You can vote up to 10 times.

DinoToyForum

This is the next poll I'll make into a video. Last orders please! :)

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

I love them all but i'd have to say the kinto/kaiyodo Coelophysis are my favorites while i don't have them and only have the kenner pair (which aren't too bad either because they are super articulated) i really like the kinto/kaiyodo versions because they look so agile
and remind me of the Coelophysis from WWD (I'm also biased because coelophysis is my state's fossil) i must say the safari one is great too
but i haven't really seen a size comparison yet and it may be too big for my taste....so until i change my mind i'm voting for the K's.
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

DC

The limited selection speaks for itself.  in defense of the Bullyland prosauropods they may not be the most accurate platesaurs but they are the best, version 1, stand in for Anchisaurus and ,version 2 ,for Riosaurus or other large prosauropods.  The mini version the second is favorite of mine.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Fembrogon

I feel a little bad voting, when I've never even seen a lot of these figures firsthand, but I've gone ahead and offered my say on a few I believe deserve it.

DinoToyForum

Does anyone have a photo of the Bullyland (version 2) Plateosaurus? If so, would you be kind enough to let me use in the video?

Lanthanotus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 17, 2018, 11:21:16 AM
Does anyone have a photo of the Bullyland (version 2) Plateosaurus? If so, would you be kind enough to let me use in the video?

Is that the standing one, or the quadruped, or the "ghetto" quadruped (articulated arm)?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Lanthanotus on May 17, 2018, 10:53:11 PM

Is that the standing one, or the quadruped, or the "ghetto" quadruped (articulated arm)?

The quadruped, I believe.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 17, 2018, 10:58:19 PM

I got that one, not pristine, but as good as a played Bullyland gets.... can make photos over the weekend if that's close enough ... if so, any specifics about a photo setup?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Lanthanotus on May 17, 2018, 11:32:42 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 17, 2018, 10:58:19 PM

I got that one, not pristine, but as good as a played Bullyland gets.... can make photos over the weekend if that's close enough ... if so, any specifics about a photo setup?

That's the one. That'd be great, thanks! No specifics, nothing too flashy, just a simple shot on a plain background that does it justice. Something like the picture you shared (but without the man) would be perfect. :)

postsaurischian

In case you still need it, you can use mine.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.msg175073#msg175073

DinoToyForum

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 18, 2018, 08:44:55 AM

In case you still need it, you can use mine.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.msg175073#msg175073

Thank, that'll do nicely. Also saves avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus a job :) Thanks, both, for your help.

DinoToyForum

I've uploaded the top 10 video and marked this topic as "[complete]". Here is the updated playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLG7kvS_UjKVgDGwc6jHHvMd-vIvXsIj2G

The poll is still open for anyone who wants to vote.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.