News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 Psittacosaurus Figures [Failed]

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, January 25, 2015, 01:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on January 25, 2015, 01:33:43 AM
Quote from: SBell on January 24, 2015, 11:55:00 PM
I have 5 Postosuchus figures, right now, that I can think of! WwD, Safari, Safari toob, Predators, Lontic/dollar store-y. And there is a Salvat as well, but I try to avoid large-scale bootleg companies.

After that, Desmatosuchus had a good run at one point, and then they pretty much drop away to one, maybe two figures, here or there. So it really is very much like any other prehistoric animal, save the must-make ones--and we all know what those are!

I figured there were others out there, which is why I specifically said "that I can think of". But I deliberately left out the Safari toob since it's a scaled down version of the WS model. I appreciate the info though, but I feel my point is still valid. Taken into context, the genus Psittacosaurus is far better represented than Phytosauria and Pseudosuchia which I should point out are both included in this poll but not very closely related.

All this brings up the interesting question of how many Psittacosaurus toys/models there are? I can think of 10 or so mass produced Psittacosaurus, which means I'm probably missing a lot and Sbell can fill in the rest. Not bad though for the genus if you ask me.
Clear off topic here but lets run it once...
Carnegie Psittacosaurus
Salvat Psittacosaurus
Funrise Psittacosaurus
Collecta Psittaco-chipmunk squirrel looking thing
Capcom-expo psittacosaurus
Definitely dinosa psittacosaurus
Dino Waurs psittacosaurus
Massive un-named Psittacosaurs figure from england

Doyle Shapeways model (four poses)

And for the record if you would attempt a poll for basal ceratopsians Gwangi , you could count on my complete and total support and help in naming the figures and helping sort them....anything I can do, im there.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 25, 2015, 01:44:04 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on January 25, 2015, 01:33:43 AM
Quote from: SBell on January 24, 2015, 11:55:00 PM
I have 5 Postosuchus figures, right now, that I can think of! WwD, Safari, Safari toob, Predators, Lontic/dollar store-y. And there is a Salvat as well, but I try to avoid large-scale bootleg companies.

After that, Desmatosuchus had a good run at one point, and then they pretty much drop away to one, maybe two figures, here or there. So it really is very much like any other prehistoric animal, save the must-make ones--and we all know what those are!

I figured there were others out there, which is why I specifically said "that I can think of". But I deliberately left out the Safari toob since it's a scaled down version of the WS model. I appreciate the info though, but I feel my point is still valid. Taken into context, the genus Psittacosaurus is far better represented than Phytosauria and Pseudosuchia which I should point out are both included in this poll but not very closely related.

All this brings up the interesting question of how many Psittacosaurus toys/models there are? I can think of 10 or so mass produced Psittacosaurus, which means I'm probably missing a lot and Sbell can fill in the rest. Not bad though for the genus if you ask me.
Clear off topic here but lets run it once...
Carnegie Psittacosaurus
Salvat Psittacosaurus
Funrise Psittacosaurus
Collecta Psittaco-chipmunk squirrel looking thing
Capcom-expo psittacosaurus
Definitely dinosa psittacosaurus
Dino Waurs psittacosaurus
Massive un-named Psittacosaurs figure from england

Doyle Shapeways model (four poses)

And for the record if you would attempt a poll for basal ceratopsians Gwangi , you could count on my complete and total support and help in naming the figures and helping sort them....anything I can do, im there.

Well this poll has run its course so I didn't see the harm in a little OT discussion. Some that you missed would be the Starlux, Safari Toob, Play Vision and GeoWorld. I might do a poll for these guys down the road, maybe basal ceratopsians as a whole actually so we could put Protoceratops and Leptoceratops in there to broaden our choices. I'll start brain storming.

amargasaurus cazaui

Playvisions=definitely dinos or what? I am not aware of that one....the others, you got of course. And let me know if you need help Gwangi...definitely my cup of dinosaurs
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

SBell

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 25, 2015, 02:02:42 AM
Playvisions=definitely dinos or what? I am not aware of that one....the others, you got of course. And let me know if you need help Gwangi...definitely my cup of dinosaurs

Play Visions is the line of small bin-type figures. Definitely Dinosaurs was a line of articulated, kind of cartoonish dino figures.

Gwangi

The Playvision Psittacosaurus is the 3rd one from the right. This is a picture from my trade thread. Aside from the head sculpt all these dinosaurs look fairly similar but that particular toy is indeed labeled Psittacosaurus.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on January 25, 2015, 04:56:49 AM
The Playvision Psittacosaurus is the 3rd one from the right. This is a picture from my trade thread. Aside from the head sculpt all these dinosaurs look fairly similar but that particular toy is indeed labeled Psittacosaurus.

Well in that case remove the little guy and let me know what I need to send you for him in trade or cash !!!

Gwangi

I wouldn't know the value of the thing but send me a PM and I'm sure we can work something out. I would be happy to send him your way but I'm not one to turn down a trade so if there is something you want to send back I'll gladly take you up on it.

DinoToyForum

No poll for this thread? I suppose it seems a bit pointless, since there are so few to choose from in the first place...

Gwangi

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 04, 2016, 11:12:24 PM
No poll for this thread? I suppose it seems a bit pointless, since there are so few to choose from in the first place...

I think we abandoned this one in favor of the top 10 basal ceratopsian poll, which already has a video.  :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on November 04, 2016, 11:30:22 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 04, 2016, 11:12:24 PM

I think we abandoned this one in favor of the top 10 basal ceratopsian poll, which already has a video.  :)

Ah, yes, good! That's one down then! :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.