News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 pterosaur toys [Failed]

Started by Concavenator, January 25, 2015, 01:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

So,what are your favorite pterosaur models?  :)

Arul

Maybe papo tupuxuara...im planning to get that figure soon, it will be my first pterosaur model

Roselaar

Favorite Pteranodon (the latest version), Bullyland resting Pteranodon Sternbergi, Hasbro JP III Alpha Pteranodon, Wild Safari "Pterosaur" and Dimorphodon, Tedco Dimorphodon and Pterodaustro, Colorata Quetzalcoatlus,  but probably most of all the Kaiyodo UHA Dsungaripterus.

stargatedalek

Mustn't forget the Wild Safari tupandactylus imperator (mislabeled as tapejara)

tanystropheus

Papo Tupax.

honorable mentions: WS Rhamphorhynchus and Dimorphodon

I also really like Schleich's Quetz, the one with the monarch butterfly print. It is a ridiculous design but quite eye-catching.

edit: the WS Tapejara and Pterosaur are also gorgeous models.

I really don't understand why WS stopped making pterosaurs  ???

DinoLord

Dinotales Quetzalcoatlus and Collect Club Dsungaripterus

Fofer

I vote for the Wild Safari Pterosaur.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I like the Wild Safari Tupe, rhamphorhynchus, and 'pterosaur' (I've called it an anhanguera but I know that is not the case), dimorphodon, and the Bullyland wallking Geosternbergia. If I had seen the Papo Tupuxuara, I would probably include it. The toyway ornithocheirus is also nice. Surprisingly, despite their popularity, I can't name any really good pterodactylus out there.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Gwangi

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 26, 2015, 12:30:39 AM
Mustn't forget the Wild Safari tupandactylus imperator (mislabeled as tapejara)

And the WS Rhamphorhynchus too.

Honestly this is so broad a category I wouldn't know where to start and I think it would be best to do several polls concerning pterosaurs. You could do a "Top 10 Pteranodon" list alone. Or "Top Ten Azhdarchoidea" and so on.

suspsy

At present, my favourite is the CollectA Quetzalcoatlus, but that may well change once I acquire the giant Guidraco.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

amargasaurus cazaui

Fascinating idea for a thread, I will sit this one out and just watch cause I know nothing about Pterosaurs !! I always loved the Aurora Prehistoric scenes Pteranodon myself, and the one Jurassic park figure I own is a blue colored massive pterosaur that I think is awesome.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sauroid

the large Favorite Pteranodon (i would have said Goesternbergia but the company didnt label it as such) sternbergi is very beautiful. also WS Pterosaur, Invicta Pteranodon, the smaller/older Favorite Pteranodon, Jasman Pteranodon, Happinet Pteranodon, Schleich white Quetzalcoatlus (bent neck and all), Kaiyodo Jurassic Park 3 two versions of Pteranodon, Kaiyodo dino tales Pteranodon, Kaiyodo dino tales Anhanguera, Kabaya Quetzalcoatlus, WS Tapejara (i dont have this yet) and the resting Bullyland Pteranodon (tho i also dont have this one yet).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 26, 2015, 01:53:54 AM
I like the Wild Safari Tupe, rhamphorhynchus, and 'pterosaur' (I've called it an anhanguera but I know that is not the case), dimorphodon, and the Bullyland wallking Geosternbergia. If I had seen the Papo Tupuxuara, I would probably include it. The toyway ornithocheirus is also nice. Surprisingly, despite their popularity, I can't name any really good pterodactylus out there.

WS pterosaurs are all so elegant. I just wished they would make more exotic pterosaurs.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on January 26, 2015, 01:53:54 AM
... I can't name any really good pterodactylus out there.

I'm not sure if it is accurate, but I've always liked the Tyco Pterodactylus. It sports a minimalist design.

DinoToyForum

@Concavenator. Are you committed to compiling the full list in the first post and updating it as members make suggestions, and eventually setting up and managing the poll in this thread when a list of contenders is complete?

Concavenator

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 26, 2015, 07:50:27 AM
@Concavenator. Are you committed to compiling the full list in the first post and updating it as members make suggestions, and eventually setting up and managing the poll in this thread when a list of contenders is complete?
Done   C:-)

sauroid

arent we supposed to vote for ten of our choices?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Gwangi

Quote from: sauroid on January 26, 2015, 05:05:36 PM

According to the rules Adam just posted, yes. But what's really concerning here is that this is a VERY incomplete pterosaur list, which was why I suggested breaking pterosaur toys down into smaller categories. That said, it's not my poll so I'll back off.  8)

Concavenator

I guess you can vote up to ten,but you can vote lesser than ten if you want.
P.S.I includednthe new Schleich Anhanguera.

sauroid

Quote from: Concavenator on January 26, 2015, 05:24:20 PM
I guess you can vote up to ten,but you can vote lesser than ten if you want.
P.S.I includednthe new Schleich Anhanguera.
im only allowed to click on one choice  :-\

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.