News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 Basal Ceratopsians [Completed]

Started by Gwangi, January 26, 2015, 02:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your choices for the top 10 basal ceratopsian toys?

Carnegie Protoceratops Nest
15 (41.7%)
Tyco Protoceratops
11 (30.6%)
Carnage ReSaurus Protoceratops
7 (19.4%)
GeoWorld Protoceratops
2 (5.6%)
Safari Authentic Protoceratops
20 (55.6%)
Safari Toob Protoceratops
8 (22.2%)
Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 5 Protoceratops
22 (61.1%)
M.T. China Protoceratops
0 (0%)
UHA Collect Club Protoceratops
17 (47.2%)
Playskool Definitely Dinos Protoceratops
2 (5.6%)
Colorata Protoceratops
12 (33.3%)
Inpro Protoceratops
1 (2.8%)
JH Miller Protoceratops
1 (2.8%)
Playspaces Protoceratops
0 (0%)
UKRD Protoceratops
1 (2.8%)
Panini Protoceratops
2 (5.6%)
Carnegie Psittacosaurus
22 (61.1%)
CollectA Psittacosaurus
21 (58.3%)
GeoWorld Psittacosaurus
2 (5.6%)
Starlux Psittacosaurus
1 (2.8%)
Safari Toob Psittacosaurus
8 (22.2%)
Playskool Definitely Dinos Psittacosaurus
1 (2.8%)
Capcom Psittacosaurus
7 (19.4%)
Dino Waurs Psittacosaurus
1 (2.8%)
Salvat Psittacosaurus
0 (0%)
Oriental Trading Co. Psittacosaurus
0 (0%)
Crayola Mold-a-Saurus Psittacosaurus
1 (2.8%)
Funrise Psittacosaurus
1 (2.8%)
Safari Leptoceratops
25 (69.4%)
CollectA Koreaceratops family
25 (69.4%)
Science and Nature Serendipaceratops/Leptoceratops
5 (13.9%)
Yowies Serendipaceratops/Microceratops
1 (2.8%)
Wendys/Playskool Leptoceratops
3 (8.3%)
Panosh Leptoceratops
0 (0%)
Long John Silvers Montanoceratops
1 (2.8%)
Toys & Things Microceratops
2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Gwangi

An odd list to follow up the T. rex one but it's already been set in motion in the crocodilian thread so here we are! Who would you like to see on the poll? Here are some contenders I could come up with just to get things started.

Protoceratops
Carnegie
Tyco
Carnage ReSaurus
GeoWorld
Safari Authentic
Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 5
Safari Toob
M.T. China
UHA Collect Club Protoceratops
Playskool Definitely Dinos
Colorata
Inpro
JH Miller
Playspaces
UKRD

Psittacosaurus
Carnegie
CollectA
GeoWorld
Starlux
Safari Toob
Playskool Definitely Dinos
Capcom
Dino Waurs
Salvat
Oriental Trading Co.
Crayola mold a saurus
Funrise

Other
Safari Leptoceratops
CollectA Koreaceratops family
Science and Nature Serendipaceratops/Leptoceratops
Yowies Serendipaceratops/Microceratops
Wendys/Playskool Leptoceratops
Panosh Leptoceratops
Long John Silvers Montanoceratops
Toys & Things Microceratops

DinoLord

The UHA Collect Club Protoceratops is a nice (albeit somewhat rare) figure.

Takama

My vote goes to the Authentics Protoceratops

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on January 26, 2015, 02:17:59 AM
My vote goes to the Authentics Protoceratops

Well we're not voting yet, just putting the list together. ;) But I agree, it will get a vote from me too and I would LOVE to own one some day.

amargasaurus cazaui

Oh you did this...it's on !!! Give me a few to look around here, but right off, we are missing the dino waurs psittacosaurus...which will never win, but is a figure at least. There is also a yowsies I believe microceratops, although Roselaar could say for sure.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: DinoLord on January 26, 2015, 02:16:22 AM
There are at least two versions of it I know of, but yes you are correct, a gorgeous little sitting model.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

amargasaurus cazaui

ah, Wendys had playskool dinosaurs and had a very nice leptoceratops figure....

DinoLord

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 26, 2015, 02:48:00 AM
There are at least two versions of it I know of, but yes you are correct, a gorgeous little sitting model.

I think you're thinking of the Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 5 model (which is in a sitting pose). I was referring to this one since it wasn't on Gwangi's list:

(Photo credits to Helge)

There is also the Dinotales Series 6 Protoceratops skeleton and the Collect Club Velociraptor vs Protoceratops fossil, though the latter is exceedingly rare.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: DinoLord on January 26, 2015, 02:58:17 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 26, 2015, 02:48:00 AM

I think you're thinking of the Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 5 model (which is in a sitting pose). I was referring to this one since it wasn't on Gwangi's list:

There is also the Dinotales Series 6 Protoceratops skeleton and the Collect Club Velociraptor vs Protoceratops fossil, though the latter is exceedingly rare.
Yes, you are correct, I was thinking of the two colors of Kaiyodo dinotales figure. i love that UHA figure too....one of the best protoceratops figures there is !!

Takama

Oh Colorata

and others

http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Protoceratops

triceratops83

Science and Nature Serendipaceratops. Not a real dinosaur but it is based off artwork depicting a Leptoceratops.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Gwangi

Great work so far guys, a lot of models I've never even heard of! Like the T. rex poll however I'm going to leave skeletons out.

DC

Panosh, Leptoceratops

Long John silvers, Montanaceratops

UKRD, Protoceratops

Crayola mold a saurus and Oriental Trading Co., Psittacosaurus

Toys and Things, Microceratops
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Gwangi

Quote from: DC on January 26, 2015, 07:30:12 PM
Panosh, Leptoceratops

Long John silvers, Montanaceratops

UKRD, Protoceratops

Crayola mold a saurus and Oriental Trading Co., Psittacosaurus

Toys and Things, Microceratops

I can't find pictures of many of these, I could only find the UKRD and Panosh toys. That said, they were added for now.

This thread is attracting a lot of very obscure suggestions that I feel most of the membership won't recognize. I doubt they will receive many votes without a visual aid so if anyone wants to see something like the Crayola Mold-a-saurus on here please try to provide a picture. Thanks!  :) And keep in mind, we're compiling a short list here, not a complete list.

Roselaar

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 26, 2015, 02:45:56 AM
There is also a yowsies I believe microceratops, although Roselaar could say for sure.

Can't say for sure unfortunately. Yowies labeled it as 'Ceratopsian dinosaur'. It looks like a Microceratops, but it might also represent a related species. Either way, it too won't win.

amargasaurus cazaui

Would like to see pictures of the mold o saurus especially if you have that one Sbell, that would be great !

DinoToyForum

Funrise Psittacosaurus would get one of my votes :)

amargasaurus cazaui

It was also pointed out in the psittacosaurus thread that Pannini made a small psittacosaurs as part of their set, however I have never seen one and have no pictures, although the poster in the forum has one.

Gwangi

Quote from: Roselaar on January 26, 2015, 09:38:45 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 26, 2015, 02:45:56 AM
There is also a yowsies I believe microceratops, although Roselaar could say for sure.

Can't say for sure unfortunately. Yowies labeled it as 'Ceratopsian dinosaur'. It looks like a Microceratops, but it might also represent a related species. Either way, it too won't win.

Based on my search for it the Yowie toy represents Serendipaceratops but was modeled off of Microceratops so that's what I listed it as.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 26, 2015, 10:08:25 PM
It was also pointed out in the psittacosaurus thread that Pannini made a small psittacosaurs as part of their set, however I have never seen one and have no pictures, although the poster in the forum has one.

I have one. It was (also?) produced by Mech and I've seen the same sculpt in lots of chinasaur sets since. I might give it a vote for nostalgia ;)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.