News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 Basal Ceratopsians [Completed]

Started by Gwangi, January 26, 2015, 02:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your choices for the top 10 basal ceratopsian toys?

Carnegie Protoceratops Nest
15 (41.7%)
Tyco Protoceratops
11 (30.6%)
Carnage ReSaurus Protoceratops
7 (19.4%)
GeoWorld Protoceratops
2 (5.6%)
Safari Authentic Protoceratops
20 (55.6%)
Safari Toob Protoceratops
8 (22.2%)
Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 5 Protoceratops
22 (61.1%)
M.T. China Protoceratops
0 (0%)
UHA Collect Club Protoceratops
17 (47.2%)
Playskool Definitely Dinos Protoceratops
2 (5.6%)
Colorata Protoceratops
12 (33.3%)
Inpro Protoceratops
1 (2.8%)
JH Miller Protoceratops
1 (2.8%)
Playspaces Protoceratops
0 (0%)
UKRD Protoceratops
1 (2.8%)
Panini Protoceratops
2 (5.6%)
Carnegie Psittacosaurus
22 (61.1%)
CollectA Psittacosaurus
21 (58.3%)
GeoWorld Psittacosaurus
2 (5.6%)
Starlux Psittacosaurus
1 (2.8%)
Safari Toob Psittacosaurus
8 (22.2%)
Playskool Definitely Dinos Psittacosaurus
1 (2.8%)
Capcom Psittacosaurus
7 (19.4%)
Dino Waurs Psittacosaurus
1 (2.8%)
Salvat Psittacosaurus
0 (0%)
Oriental Trading Co. Psittacosaurus
0 (0%)
Crayola Mold-a-Saurus Psittacosaurus
1 (2.8%)
Funrise Psittacosaurus
1 (2.8%)
Safari Leptoceratops
25 (69.4%)
CollectA Koreaceratops family
25 (69.4%)
Science and Nature Serendipaceratops/Leptoceratops
5 (13.9%)
Yowies Serendipaceratops/Microceratops
1 (2.8%)
Wendys/Playskool Leptoceratops
3 (8.3%)
Panosh Leptoceratops
0 (0%)
Long John Silvers Montanoceratops
1 (2.8%)
Toys & Things Microceratops
2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 26, 2015, 10:20:28 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 26, 2015, 10:08:25 PM
It was also pointed out in the psittacosaurus thread that Pannini made a small psittacosaurs as part of their set, however I have never seen one and have no pictures, although the poster in the forum has one.

I have one. It was (also?) produced by Mech and I've seen the same sculpt in lots of chinasaur sets since. I might give it a vote for nostalgia ;)

Is it the same thing that is being called the Playvisions psittacosaurus?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

Is this the Safari Ltd toob Protoceratops?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 26, 2015, 10:22:36 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 26, 2015, 10:20:28 PM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on January 26, 2015, 10:08:25 PM
It was also pointed out in the psittacosaurus thread that Pannini made a small psittacosaurs as part of their set, however I have never seen one and have no pictures, although the poster in the forum has one.

I have one. It was (also?) produced by Mech and I've seen the same sculpt in lots of chinasaur sets since. I might give it a vote for nostalgia ;)

Is it the same thing that is being called the Playvisions psittacosaurus?

I don't think so. I'll take a photo at the weekend. :) (I'll take photos of the whole set and create a thread for Panini/Mech)

amargasaurus cazaui

Mine at least looks nothing like for the colors at least....and the sculpt is quite different for mine. My model from the toob is green and has light blue highlights to the frill
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Takama

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 26, 2015, 10:24:24 PM
Is this the Safari Ltd toob Protoceratops?

No that's the authentic model

DinoToyForum

amargasaurus cazaui

I can provide photos of the yowsie, the wendys lepto (which is actually a decent model other than being baby blue) the safari toob figures, the dino waurs, and a few of the other more rare ones so far  perhaps the carnegie protoceratops or the Airfix protoceratops......if needed. I am sure Sbell has most of them, but the ones I named at least I know I can do.

sauroid

i just need a verification. is this a Panini Protoceratops?

i dont know if this is the green version Safari Authentics Protoceratops or a copy

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

Tyco Protoceratops still holds up to this very day!

Gwangi

Since it looks like suggestions have slowed down and I honestly think all the best are probably already mentioned, I'll be putting up the poll for this topic tomorrow.

John

The UHA Collect Club Protoceratops from 2005 mentioned earlier in this thread by DinoLord gets my vote for the best basal ceratopsian model. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Roselaar

Quote from: sauroid on January 27, 2015, 09:58:46 AM

No, that's from another brand. You can find the Panini Protoceratops here (one of the top figures):

Gwangi

sauroid

ah thanks Roselaar. (still need to have that ID'd, or maybe it is just an unbraned mini chinasaur)
just voted btw.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

amargasaurus cazaui

I think Dr. Admin kept his promise and voted for the Funrise figure !!! ;D ;D ;D

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Roselaar on January 28, 2015, 05:11:31 PM
Quote from: sauroid on January 27, 2015, 09:58:46 AM

No, that's from another brand. You can find the Panini Protoceratops here (one of the top figures):

In this picture which of them is supposed to be the Pannini psittacosaurus and does anyone have one for trade or sale??

triceratops83

This was actually kind of a hard choice - a lot of good little figures in there. This group of dinosaurs has fared better than a lot of others in regards to toys.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Patrx

The Playskool Definitely Dinosaurs Psittacosaurus was my very first dinosaur toy - I had to vote for it :D

Gwangi

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 29, 2015, 01:37:33 PM
This was actually kind of a hard choice - a lot of good little figures in there. This group of dinosaurs has fared better than a lot of others in regards to toys.

I agree. I think I had a harder time voting in this one than I did in the T. rex poll. At least in that poll I already had a list formulated in my mind. Favorite basal ceratopsians? Never gave it much thought, and many of these were new to me.

Bokisaurus

Some of my favorites... hard to vote when you don't have photos to com,pare them :))
[
You can see some of the little photos and Leptos in this photo
[
Is this little photo from the discovery set mentioned?
[
[]

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.