News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CM Studio Completed T-Rex Running Pair and Ceratosaurus

Started by 0onarcissisto0, April 21, 2012, 06:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0onarcissisto0

Hey all!

This will be a thread for my artistic (and possibly narcissistic) creations! Hope you all enjoy my work!

Comments/constructive criticism absolutely welcome!

First up, my first ever finished (although not the first kit I've worked on) kit:

Shane Foulkes' 1/20th TORVOSAURUS

You've been struck by...a smooth criminal

If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

sepp

Very beautifully done! I love this sculpt anyway, but you did a wonderful job with those colours and the application.

Himmapaan

Absolutely stunning work, Jeb. *Faints*

ZoPteryx

postsaurischian

Dan

Stunning work, Jeb. This is the first paint-up I've seen of the Torvo, and it's even cooler than I could have imagined.

Joel

That is very impressive. What other kits do you have so we know what to look forward to?

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's also the first finished Torvo I've came across...really nice color scheme. ;D

This is also another for my ever growing wish-list... lol

0onarcissisto0

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'm glad you like the color scheme. When I was in the initial planning stages, I had this in mind but I really wasn't sure. Looking back, man, am I glad I followed through with this.

@Joel: I still have my Sean Cooper Predation Scene to finish although I got a little discouraged with that (long story). I also have Shane Foulkes' Ceratosaurus vs Kentrosaurus but that's quite low in my priority list. I think my next project will be quite small...like Antediluvian small :) but what exactly...I'll leave that as a surprise ;). I'll tell you this much, I haven't seen many people paint it yet although it is absolutely gorgeous IMHO.

- DK -

radman

Great work on the Torvo, it looks really nice; I like the patterning especially.  Did you use an airbrush?

0onarcissisto0

Yup. Airbrush, regular brush and pastels

- DK -

ingenia

Wonderful color scheme! It makes this Torvosaurus look even better!

paleoferroequine

I'll add my kudos, also. That paint job is gorgeous, kind of giraffe-y. ;D

Gryphoceratops

Horridus

Love the use of the giraffe pattern. It subverts what you expect to see so well. The eye is drawn to the torso with that pattern, and then drifts to those teeth....!
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

martin garratt

0onarcissisto0

- DK -

Tyrannosaurid lover

When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

0onarcissisto0

Hey everybody,

Here's my paint-up of Shane Foulkes' Chasmosaurus belli. I'm quite pleased with how the glaze gave its underbelly a dirty/muddy feel. I think of ceratopsians as big cows or rhinos. So I associate them with this dusty/muddy look. Hope you guys like it!

That base isn't actually for the Chasmosaurus. It's meant for Sean Cooper's Predation Scene, which I still haven't finished (for those who remember my W.I.P. thread a while back)!

Jeb

- DK -

Himmapaan

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.