News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CM Studio Completed T-Rex Running Pair and Ceratosaurus

Started by 0onarcissisto0, April 21, 2012, 06:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

ihatefeathers144

Gryphoceratops

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks very nice, wouldn't mind having it in my own collection if that's saying anything.. heh :)

tyrantqueen

The colours on the Chasmo are really pretty :) Your dinosaurs always have great colour schemes, where do you get the inspiration from?

0onarcissisto0

Thanks for the kind words, everybody!

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 11, 2012, 11:31:44 PM
The colours on the Chasmo are really pretty :) Your dinosaurs always have great colour schemes, where do you get the inspiration from?

Believe it or not, it's a lot of head-scratching and trial and error. For the Chasmosaurus, I just knew I wanted a purple base coat and from there, the stripes just felt "right", I guess  :-\
Hahahah, sorry there's not a more definitive answer, but I get the feeling art is sometimes like that  ;)

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 11, 2012, 10:39:37 PM
Looks very nice, wouldn't mind having it in my own collection if that's saying anything.. heh :)

That definitely is! I've seen your collection and if you deem my work worthy of being anywhere near your Allosaurus painted by Steve Riojas then I have done my job  ;D
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'd be happy to display it near him. :)

You know if you ever have the desire to paint something up for me hit me up. ;)

Jetoar

Wonderful work. I like it. You are talented person, friend  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

0onarcissisto0

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 12, 2012, 02:55:52 AM

You know what? I think I'll take you up on that. I've always thought it would be so cool to have a chance to share my work with others like that. No longer just with pictures but with the actual kit. Anyway, PM me if interested :)

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on December 12, 2012, 03:42:00 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 12, 2012, 02:55:52 AM

You know what? I think I'll take you up on that. I've always thought it would be so cool to have a chance to share my work with others like that. No longer just with pictures but with the actual kit. Anyway, PM me if interested :)

Certainly interested, i just have to wait til i can get the funds for another piece. lol

0onarcissisto0

I can certainly understand that. I'm in the same situation! Anytime, buddy :)

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on December 12, 2012, 04:21:46 PM

lol this recent sale of Shane's did me in.  No more dinos for a few months at best. ;)

I'll remember for sure. Always looking to try out different artists. :)

0onarcissisto0

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 12, 2012, 04:33:12 PM

lol this recent sale of Shane's did me in.  No more dinos for a few months at best. ;)

Hahahaha. Same here! How can anyone expect us not to? Afterall, we're only human ;)

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on December 12, 2012, 05:05:29 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 12, 2012, 04:33:12 PM

Hahahaha. Same here! How can anyone expect us not to? Afterall, we're only human ;)

Speak for yourself..I'm part dinosaur ! lol ;D

What did you get ? :)

0onarcissisto0

I knew it! I always see pictures of you trying to resurrect your prehistoric cousins in your yard!

Hahaha. I picked up his Dicraeosaurus and Stegosaurus (adult). I really wanted that Allosaurus but I couldn't stretch my budget any further :(

What did you get?

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on December 12, 2012, 06:33:00 PM
I knew it! I always see pictures of you trying to resurrect your prehistoric cousins in your yard!

Hahaha. I picked up his Dicraeosaurus and Stegosaurus (adult). I really wanted that Allosaurus but I couldn't stretch my budget any further :(

What did you get?

Aww..you should have done the Allosaurus first ! ;) 

I've wished Shane had done that Stego in 1/15 to go with it..maybe eventually.

I started off with just the Tylosaurus..then talked myself into the Anatotitan...I needed a BIG hadrosaur for my collection.  Well that was that..but then I started thinking again that I didn't have any piece showing ceratopsian families..and wound up with the Torosaurus set..lol I NEED to quit thinking so hard..seriously. ;D

0onarcissisto0

Ooooh, I'm friggin jealous. I really want that Mosasaurus! Congratulations on the haul though. Wow! I'd be waiting by the door everyday for the mailman if I were you lol. And overthinking is also what lead me to get two kits instead of one. I don't mind though, Shane's sculpts are top-notch. I just couldn't pass-up the opportunity.

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on December 12, 2012, 10:24:57 PM
Ooooh, I'm friggin jealous. I really want that Mosasaurus! Congratulations on the haul though. Wow! I'd be waiting by the door everyday for the mailman if I were you lol. And overthinking is also what lead me to get two kits instead of one. I don't mind though, Shane's sculpts are top-notch. I just couldn't pass-up the opportunity.

lol thanks !  Yeah I love that Mosa/Tylo it's huge, it's realistic, and it's posed so I can say it's ART.  heh heh  I won't be seeing them for awhile though at least a few weeks. Each one is going to a different artist for build and paint work.

What's killing me is trying to get the older pieces I want and in a month or so he'll have more new ones..and I want just about ALL of them.. lol  I need a better paying job. ;)

0onarcissisto0

Hey everybody,

Here's my paint-up of Shane Foulkes' 1/15th Ankylosaurus Magniventris

Hope you guys like it

Jeb

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice !  I love how you can see every little crack and crevice on those plates with the ( washes ? ) ? you did.  I also like the red coloration and the look of his head here in this pic :

Lots of personality there.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.