News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CM Studio Completed T-Rex Running Pair and Ceratosaurus

Started by 0onarcissisto0, April 21, 2012, 06:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

0onarcissisto0

Thanks!

And yeah, I know what you mean, Blade. I love that angle too lol. I didn't actually do a wash on those plates, I base coated them in dark brown and dry brushed an off-white to bring out the details. Much more effective than washes sometimes :)
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Did you add the glass eyes in there as well..they certainly look good !

0onarcissisto0

Yeah, I did. It just adds so much life and personality. I never go without them lol

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: 0onarcissisto0 on December 31, 2012, 08:10:32 AM
Yeah, I did. It just adds so much life and personality. I never go without them lol

Awesome. I think so as well. I know experienced artists who can't add them perfectly. You did a great job there. 

tyrantqueen

Would it be okay if I "borrowed" your Chasmosaurus colour scheme? I would like to paint my Shapeways Chasmosaurus in a similar scheme (but with a few tweaks to suit my preferences)
I'll give you credit of course :)

0onarcissisto0

Shane Foulkes' 1:18 Ceratosaurus vs Kentrosaurus

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice job. The paint work on both is nicely done..you have a more traditional look on the Kentro and a bit of a more newer appearance on the Cerato..pretty cool meshing them in one kit.

tyrantqueen

Very adventurous choice of colour for the Ceratosaurus...and it looks great :)

How long is the Foulkes Cerato, from nose to tail?

postsaurischian

This is my favourite Ceratosaurus model! It's 36 cm long.

Great paint-jobs, 0onarcissisto0 :D!

0onarcissisto0

Thanks everybody! Yeah, that Ceratosaurus color scheme started out as an experiment, but I have to say, I wouldn't have done it any other way.

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

It is cool...makes me think the encounter is taking place at night for some reason.

0onarcissisto0

- DK -

Blade-of-the-Moon

lourebro

Great job.  Was the pattern free hand or did you have a template? 

LOU R

0onarcissisto0

All free hand. No templates here although, I've always wondered about that. Maybe that's what I need to push my work to the next level!

- DK -

ataraxus

i`m extreme shocked that i not see this work. it`s just amazing. I very like your work. you have Courage for unusual Colors but it Comes out really good. Hope to see more stuff from you soon.

0onarcissisto0

Thanks for the kind words, ataraxus. Haha, yeah, I submitted this quite a while ago. Don't have anything new close to completion yet, but working on a few CM kits.

- DK -

0onarcissisto0

Hey everybody,

Back with pictures of another kit I just finished. This is the first T-Rex of CM Studio's Running T-Rex Pair. This is gonna be the female in my personal pair. I'll be starting the male soon.

Enjoy!

- DK -

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.