News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 extinct bird toys [Complete]

Started by stargatedalek, February 12, 2015, 10:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Ten Extinct Bird Toys

Safari Raphus (dodo)
Primeval Raphus (dodo)
Papo Raphus (dodo)
Kaiyodo Titanis
Kaiyodo Gastornis
Safari Gastornis
Safari Archeopteryx
Papi Archeopteryx
Bullyland Archeopteryx
Kaiyodo Archeopteryx
Kabaya Archaeopteryx
 Colorata Archaeopteryx
Bullyland Gastornis
Schelich Gastornis
*Duplicate do not vote*
Primeval Hesperornis
WWD(3D) Alexornis
MPC Diatryma
Kaiyodo Copepteryx
X-Plus Phorusrhacos
CollectA Kelenken

Crackington

Not sure if model kits are allowed, but the Aurora Phorosrhacos is a great blast from the past. It was obviously "inspired" by Harryhausen's Mysterious Island and is in a very similar pose to the much later X-Plus model. Would be nice to include it.   

Gwangi

I'm sure there are some Yowie toys that represent extinct birds too right? I don't collect the brand but I know they're have a diverse set of toys.

stargatedalek

I have an adzebill by Yowies and I know that make lots of other extinct birds, but I don't have any sort of list for them.

DinoToyForum

I think the list of potential figures has been exhausted, would the OP like to set up the poll now?  O:-)

stargatedalek

I think my slow internet just got the best of me...

stargatedalek

We'll need a tie breaker to really settle it, but I think this poll has been open for about long enough.

DinoToyForum

Bullyland Archaeopteryx is in there twice C:-)

stargatedalek

My bad, one of them only had one vote so I re-labelled it rather than restarting the poll. Sorry for whomever's vote that is.

DinoToyForum

BlueKrono

Had to go with Hesperornis from Primeval. Would love to see more aquatic prehistoric birds from other companies!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Last chance to vote before I summarise the results in video form!

DinoToyForum

Could anyone kindly provide me with pictures of...

Kaiyodo Gastornis

&

Kaiyodo Titanis

...along with permission to use them in the video?

----

plus, I'm sad the Bullyland Archaeopteryx missed out of the top 10. It's probably my personal favourite.

DinoLord

Halichoeres

Brontodocus's photos are probably nicer, but you're also welcome to these if you want them:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.