News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 tyrannosaur Figures (excluding T. rex) [Complete]

Started by Takama, March 01, 2015, 10:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are the Top Ten Tyrannosaur figures (Excluding Tyrannosaurus)

ColectA Alioramus
Carnegie Albertosaurus
Schleich Replicasaurus Albertosaurus
CollectA Bistahevosier
CollectA Daspletosaurus
Geoworld Daspletosaurus
Carnegie Dilong
Geoworld Dilong
CollectA Eotyrannus
WWD Ultimate Gorgon the Gorgosaurus
Safari Gorgosaurus
Safari Guanlong
Capcom Dino Expo Guanlong
Geoworld Guanlong
CollectA Proceratosaurus
Favorite Soft Model Tarbosaurus.
CollectA Tarbosaurus
UHA Collect Club Tarbosaurus
Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 4 Tarbosaurus
CollectA Xionguanlong
Kaiyodo Yutyrannus
Tomy Yutyrannus
Safari Yutyrannus
Tomy Zhuchengtyrannus
X Plus Albertasaurus
Rebor Yutyrannus v1
CollectA Lythronax

Takama

Ok, So Tyrannosaurus was the king of all dinosurs (or so they say) so he got his own poll dedicated to his royal self, However i thoght it would be fun to list, and vote on what figures from withen his family would be this forums top ten.

Right off the bat, i can come up with Quite a few possible figures for the list.

ColectA Alioramus

Carnegie Albertosaurus
Photo by Brontodocus

Geoworld Albertosaurus

Schleich Replicasaurus Albertosaurus
http://dinotoyblog.com/2010/09/08/albertosaurus-replica-saurus-by-schleich/img_1915/

CollectA Bistahevosier
Photo Via DTB

CollectA Daspletosaurus
Photo Via DTB

Geoworld Daspletosaurus

Carnegie Dilong
Photo by Horridus

Geoworld Dilong

CollectA Eotyrannus

WWD Ultimate Gorgon the Gorgosaurus
Photo by Blade of the Moon

Safari Gorgosaurus

Safari Guanlong
Photo by Brontodocus

Capcom Dino Expo Guanlong
Photo by Sarurid

Geoworld Guanlong

CollectA Proceratosaurus
Photo by RobinGoodFellows

Favorite Soft Model Tarbosaurus.
Photo by Brontodocus

CollectA Tarbosaurus

(Photo by Brontodocus)

CollectA Xionguanlong
Photo by Bokisaurus

Kaiyodo Yutyrannus

Tomy Yutyrannus
Photo by Blackdanter

Safari Yutyrannus

Tomy Zhuchengtyrannus

Anything else for this crazy list?

Shonisaurus

Yutyrannus Rebor and Gorgosaurus wild Safari for example.

DinoLord

X-Plus Albertosaurus

Fofer

Takama

Quote from: DinoLord on March 01, 2015, 11:16:56 PM

X-Plus Albertosaurus

added those to first post

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 01, 2015, 10:21:56 PM

Rebor does not count as a Toy

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on March 01, 2015, 11:50:02 PM
Quote from: DinoLord on March 01, 2015, 11:16:56 PM

X-Plus Albertosaurus

added those to first post

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 01, 2015, 10:21:56 PM

Rebor does not count as a Toy
Why are Kaiyodo and X-Plus included then? No offense but I'm not sure I understand your logic. I believe that Kaiyodo's capsule dinosaurs are intended for adult collectors, not children.

Takama

Well i was looking at past polls Like the Basal Ceratopsians and the Tyrannosaurus Rex poll, and i noticed that Kaiyodos were Accepted, but Rebor Tyrannosaurus Was removed from the poll of the Tyrannosaurus Poll

Dinotoyforum, if you see this, what are Your thoughts?

Gwangi

It was Dr. Admin who made the distinction between REBOR and the other figures/toys/models listed in the T. rex poll, so for that reason alone I think it should follow through in other polls as well. Think of it as a poll for mass produced toys and collectables that excludes sculptures.

Dobber

I'd say Safari Yutyrannus.

Gotta say though, all these top 10 threads would work so much better with pictures. I don't know what all of these toys look like.  :-[

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

sauroid

Dino Expo Guanlong
(will add more when i remember the others)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Dinomike

Of the WWD gorgosauruses out there I'd say the big articulated one is the best, ie the so called Ultimate Gorgon. 
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

DinoToyForum

There is no sharp line to draw here. It depends on whether you are running a toy poll or a figure poll (including statues). The T. rex poll was specifically toys.

The inclusion of kaiyodos is debatable. They are statue quality but (generally) not desktop statue price. You can buy them from vending machines in some places. Some came with chocolate. I think or them of toys, but that is just my subjective opinion.

Takama

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 02, 2015, 08:47:16 AM
There is no sharp line to draw here. It depends on whether you are running a toy poll or a figure poll (including statues). The T. rex poll was specifically toys.

The inclusion of kaiyodos is debatable. They are statue quality but (generally) not desktop statue price. You can buy them from vending machines in some places. Some came with chocolate. I think or them of toys, but that is just my subjective opinion.

I guess we can make this a Toy Poll, like the Tyrannosaurus Poll.   

DinoLord

I think price point is a valid consideration too. Kaiyodos aren't necessarily children's toys, but they are much closer to those in price than the $90 Rebor T. rex.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Quote from: sauroid on March 02, 2015, 04:24:25 PM
kaiyodo dinotales Siamotyrannus

There is doubt that that species is even  a Colurosaurian. So i don't know if we should include it

DinoLord

Quote from: Takama on March 02, 2015, 04:40:07 PM
Quote from: sauroid on March 02, 2015, 04:24:25 PM
kaiyodo dinotales Siamotyrannus

There is doubt that that species is even  a Colurosaurian. So i don't know if we should include it
Yeah, it's very fragmentary and therefore hard to classify - one recent study found it to be a metriacanthid. Taking into account this taxonomic uncertainty with the high rarity and price, it's probably best to leave this one off. It is an absolutely exquisite figure though.

Takama

I added photos of the models that will be in the poll. I try to credit those who took them, unless there from the Blog, Mine, or have a watermark.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Takama on March 07, 2015, 12:53:39 AM
I added photos of the models that will be in the poll. I try to credit those who took them, unless there from the Blog, Mine, or have a watermark.

hey, that's great, will save me a lot of time when the time comes! And helps us to vote.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.