News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

M

Top 10 Crocodilian Figures [Completed]

Started by Manatee, January 02, 2015, 08:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are the top ten prehistoric "crocodilian" figures?

Bullyland Batrachotomus
Bullyland Paratypothorax
Bullyland Arizonasaurus
Bullyland Protochirotherium
Schleich Desmatosuchus
Tedco Prehistoric Panorama Desmatosuchus
Safari Toob Desmatosuchus
CollectA Sarcosuchus
Mojo Sarcosuchus
Safari Toob Sarcosuchus
WWD Postosuchus
Wild Safari Postosuchus
Safari Toob Postosuchus
Schleich Deinosuchus
Carnegie Deinosuchus
Kaiyodo Rutiodon
Safari Toob Rutiodon
Wild Safari Kaprosuchus
Kenner (JP) Ornithosuchus
Starlux Ornithosuchus
Kaiyodo Metriorhynchus
Safari Toob Suchodus (Metriorhynchus)
Play Visions Metriorhynchus
Dawn of the Dinosaurs Saurosuchus
Yowies Quinkana
Starlux Saltoposuchus
Inpro Saltoposuchus
Safari Toob Pristichampsus
Safari Toob Dakosaurus
Safari Toob Montealtosuchus
Primaeval Designs Saurosuchus
Safari Toob Euparkeria
Safari Toob Proterosuchus (Chasmatosaurus)
Yowies Tasmaniosaurus
Safari Toob Champsosaurus
Yowies Trilophosuchus

triceratops83

Quote from: SBell on January 25, 2015, 03:40:36 PM
According to the poll, the CollectA was the 11th favorite. It does make me wonder how many people have compared the two side by side--the Mojo is a better figure.

Same with the Triceratops. The Mojo is a copy of Collecta's, but improves on it somewhat.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Meso-Cenozoic

Nice video, Dr. Adam! Good choice in music too.

Yeah, the CollectA Sarcosuchus did come in 11th, not the Mojo. But, I agree with Sean. I also have both and that's why I voted for the Mojo. 8)

BTW, who broke the tie for first place? ;)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on January 26, 2015, 08:39:33 AM
Nice video, Dr. Adam! Good choice in music too.

Yeah, the CollectA Sarcosuchus did come in 11th, not the Mojo. But, I agree with Sean. I also have both and that's why I voted for the Mojo. 8)

BTW, who broke the tie for first place? ;)

Oops, my mistake, the Mojo and CollectA do look similar and they are right next to each other in the poll.  I'll correct that in the next video.

Glad you like the video and music.

DC

You can never have too many dinosaurs

Crackington

Great video, really shows the models off well!

DC - the attention to detail in your dioramas is amazing, a real labour of love. Definitely one of my favourite websites on the internet!

SBell

Quote from: DC on January 26, 2015, 03:45:38 PM

Schliech Desmatosuchus from the Stemturtle diorama
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/Triassic_files/diorama_revised.jpg

UHA and QRF phytosaur
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/Triassic_files/phytosaur2.jpg

How about Longasuchus?

http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/Triassic_files/aetosaur2.jpg

Is that actually a Longasuchus figure? If so, where did it come from? It looks of a size with that small Lontic Postosuchus (another one!) but I don't recognize it.

And do you have a spare? ;)

Gwangi

Sorry for the picture cluttered with toys but is not the green bipedal creature on the far right supposed to be some sort of crocodilian-like archosaur?

SBell

Quote from: Gwangi on January 27, 2015, 02:41:56 AM
Sorry for the picture cluttered with toys but is not the green bipedal creature on the far right supposed to be some sort of crocodilian-like archosaur?

I think it is based on a strange old picture of an allosaurid or megalosaurid--but given that only crocodilomorphs have those plates on the backs (rauisuchids, phytosaurs, crocodiles, aetosaurs) that's how I've always taken it to be (not that it really fit this poll--it wouldn't exactly crack the top 25, never mind 10!).

triceratops83

I've always thought of it as an Ornithosuchus.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Gwangi

Quote from: SBell on January 27, 2015, 02:47:15 AM

I think it is based on a strange old picture of an allosaurid or megalosaurid--but given that only crocodilomorphs have those plates on the backs (rauisuchids, phytosaurs, crocodiles, aetosaurs) that's how I've always taken it to be (not that it really fit this poll--it wouldn't exactly crack the top 25, never mind 10!).

Yeah, I know. Just figured it was a good place to ask.  ^-^

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Sim

I had one of those when I was a kid, although the colours might have been different.  I'm pretty sure on its belly it was labelled Megalosaurus.  Aren't the plates on its back very much like those on the Invicta Megalosaurus, Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops?

SBell

Quote from: Sim on January 27, 2015, 01:47:10 PM

I had one of those when I was a kid, although the colours might have been different.  I'm pretty sure on its belly it was labelled Megalosaurus.  Aren't the plates on its back very much like those on the Invicta Megalosaurus, Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops?

Yeah, those show up on a few images and toys, but no dino would have had big, flat scutes like that (obviously, not the same as ankylosaur armor). And I've got at least two versions of that figure around here--plus another similar one, also with the dorsal scutes. Neither are from good companies.

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Arul

DC

Quote from: SBell on January 27, 2015, 01:09:18 AM

Is that actually a Longasuchus figure? If so, where did it come from? It looks of a size with that small Lontic Postosuchus (another one!) but I don't recognize it.

Probably not intended as a Longosuchus. It is from a set of bin chinasaurs that I have not seen again. best guest it is supposed to be a nodosaur but you never can tell.  Legs too long for ateosaur or a nodosaur.  I could find and extra.  It is very small I use with my QRF figures.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

SBell

Quote from: DC on October 08, 2015, 07:02:48 PM
Quote from: SBell on January 27, 2015, 01:09:18 AM

Probably not intended as a Longosuchus. It is from a set of bin chinasaurs that I have not seen again. best guest it is supposed to be a nodosaur but you never can tell.  Legs too long for ateosaur or a nodosaur.  I could find and extra.  It is very small I use with my QRF figures.

Well let me know! Always looking for weird little things like that!

Shonisaurus

The Kaprosuchus of Wild Safari is an exceptional figure. I especially like how they are perfectly carved teeth and the body of the animal.

It is a true masterpiece of Safari. Very hard to beat for another company of toy dinosaurs.

Moreover the Postosuchos of Wild Safari is a perfect figure that makes a good team with reddish WWD.

Flaffy

It's a shame that the Papo Kaprosuchus was late to the party... oh well.  :)

BlueKrono

My vote goes to Bullyland's Arizonasaurus. What a fantastic choice for a prehistoric figure, and so far it's the only company that makes this species. I've built an entire collection around Arizonasaurus, comprised of quadrupedal, fin-backed, long-necked reptilians. Many might have been intended as Dimetrodons, but they are much closer to AZsaurus in appearance. I also had to throw in a vote for the Safari Toob's Dakosaurus. Again, a fantastic but underrepresented species.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.