News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on March 30, 2015, 12:42:50 PM
...I just received my 648/1000 Sideshow Mosasaur.
It's my first Sideshow Collectibles ever.
My first impression?    WOW!!!!!  :o
It was expensive but... wonderful model. Very lifelike.
Now I need to study the right lights to take Mosa's pictures...
See you soon  :))

Cool, that's an investment!

Fofer

wooowwww!!!! great collection !

DinoLord

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing pictures.

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

RobinGoodfellow

Thanks guys   :))

..first of all, I need some more shelfs..  ;) 
...Ikea is waiting for me....  ::)

tanystropheus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on March 30, 2015, 12:42:50 PM
...I just received my 648/1000 Sideshow Mosasaur.
It's my first Sideshow Collectibles ever.
My first impression?    WOW!!!!!  :o
It was expensive but... wonderful model. Very lifelike.
Now I need to study the right lights to take Mosa's pictures...
See you soon  :))

Haha, you too!!!
That was also my first Sideshow  :)
Something about that Mosasaur made me take the plunge.

RobinGoodfellow

...here it is my latest:

Mosasaur (even too big for my shelf..  ;) )

Enjoy  :D

Dinomike

Poor Hans is dwarfed by the JW size Mosasaur! :D That is truly one astonishing piece! I bet you can't take your eyes off it!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Dinomike on April 02, 2015, 07:59:18 PM
Poor Hans is dwarfed by the JW size Mosasaur! :D That is truly one astonishing piece! I bet you can't take your eyes off it!

That's TRUE!   ;D

joossa

Haha! At first, I didn't even notice him there!! :)

Very nice addition to your collection! :) Better find more space so you can get more! >=)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

RobinGoodfellow

Sideshow models are stunning but also too big for my house.  :'(
In the next months I'm planning to complete the Carnegie collection with the last models I'm interested in ( new Brachio and Rex, old Saltasaurus/ Velociraptor / Maiasaura).
I'm also a modern animals collector and Safari has discontinued some Wildlife Wonders models I'm interested in.  :-\
There are also the new Collecta (super!!) and some old-but-gold ones.....  ::)
And Battat reissues? I can't loose them...

....busy times...  ;)

See you soon  ^-^

Halichoeres

Where's that little Leaellynasaura from? It's adorable.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Arul

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Doug Watson

That's a great modern collection and I am honoured that you have some of the ones I have sculpted for Safari Ltd. Also honoured that you collect the Wildlife Wonders line, I have done all of those so far (except for the repaints).
One piece stands out though for being from a different era , on page 5, I believe that is an Orsenigo Triceratops from Italy in the 60s, am I correct? But what I am really intrigued by in is the 1:1 Triceratops beside it that was either the model for the toy or was inspired by the toy. Is that in a museum? Were all the Orsenigos based on life sized models in an Italian museum?

P.S. Nice crisp photography as well!!

ZaZZU2

Quote from: joossa on April 02, 2015, 11:15:29 PM
Haha! At first, I didn't even notice him there!! :)

Very nice addition to your collection! :) Better find more space so you can get more! >=)

Didn't see him too! Gotta save up for this one!!! ;D

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Doug Watson on May 12, 2015, 03:08:45 PM
That's a great modern collection and I am honoured that you have some of the ones I have sculpted for Safari Ltd. Also honoured that you collect the Wildlife Wonders line, I have done all of those so far (except for the repaints).
One piece stands out though for being from a different era , on page 5, I believe that is an Orsenigo Triceratops from Italy in the 60s, am I correct? But what I am really intrigued by in is the 1:1 Triceratops beside it that was either the model for the toy or was inspired by the toy. Is that in a museum? Were all the Orsenigos based on life sized models in an Italian museum?

P.S. Nice crisp photography as well!!

Thanks Mr. Watson.
I really like the work you've done for Safari Ltd.
I hope to see more Doug Watson's figures in the future from Safari or other companies..

The Triceratops is an old model I bought when I was a child ( maybe in 1975 or 1976).
I don't remember if it's from Orsenigo ( maybe...).
I bought it in Natural History Museum of Milano where the 1:1 model still stands (  http://www.tripadvisor.it/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g187849-d1901978-i97564582-Civico_Museo_di_Storia_Naturale-Milan_Lombardy.html ).

Regards.  :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.