News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 19, 2020, 05:18:17 PM
I enjoyed reading your account of problems displaying items that are bigger than expected - especially the problems with long tails!  I try to be careful and think hard about the size and shape before buying - which is why I resisted the fierce urge to buy Urzeit's Microraptor.  I have only one very deep shelf and it is very nearly full.  (It was designed to accommodate the long upright tail of BingNi's Sinornithosaurus.) So why did I just order the new M-See Pteranodon!  I think it will fit in.....

I'm thinking too about M-See Pteranodon.. I already ordered M-See Mastodon.. so I don't know exactly about adding Pteranodon or not.. (for sure it's a great figure).  :-\

Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 20, 2020, 05:50:47 AM
I know the dilemma very well😂
At least you have the space to display them cool collection of yours.
Always a treat to see your collection pics😃

Thank you very much  ^-^

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 20, 2020, 10:02:27 AM
Although I think that I have already commented on it several times in the forum including in this thread, you should be proud of the magnificent collection you have, on the other hand you will have to review your collection like me every day when it comes to dusting and even wipe your collectible and toy figures with a damp cloth. At least that happens to me. Your collection in this case is endless and very pretty, by the way.

Have you counted how many different dinosaur brands of vinyl / resin / PVC or other materials you have in your collection? I believe in any case that you have already mentioned it to me, but you have an endless collection metaphorically speaking, very beautiful.

I don't know exactly.
I use Flickr as a sort of catalog but I do not count brands or figures numerically..  :-[

:)

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

It seems that PNSO is very prolific this end of year..  ;)

They previously released a Microraptor in a small scale:

But the last one is bigger:

..and better.. PNSO used a very complex colors pattern to show the iridescence on this feathered dinosaur.

It's not an easy task to portrait that pattern on a photographic image; I used a well-know technique to do that ( http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3562.msg269149#msg269149 ).

That's the result:

Colors on PNSO Microraptor are extremely beautiful on naked eyes (on a sunny day, of course)  8)

Here some previously released Microraptor:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Full Res Pics here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157703464545105/with/29284627008/

BrontoScorpio

Can you have a comparrison pic of both PNSO microraptors ?
I have the small one - I wish to estimate how big is the larger one.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on October 23, 2020, 01:06:42 PM
Can you have a comparrison pic of both PNSO microraptors ?
I have the small one - I wish to estimate how big is the larger one.

There is Hans Schleich right for that  ^-^ :

RobinGoodfellow

..some other new acquisitions from last months..

CollectA Protoceratops  (1:6)

CollectA Fukuisaurus

CollectA Bajadasaurus

Papo (strange  ;) ) Chilesaurus

Safari Dilophosaurus

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157716429935337/with/50521026922/

ceratopsian

I love the rippled reflections in the surface they are standing on. Very effective.

RobinGoodfellow

..simply they don't fit my domestic light-box: 3 giants at 1:35  ;D

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157716429935337

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Even without the lightbox your photography is still excellent. And what a lot of lovely figures you have. That Apatosaurus in particular looks positively massive
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Shonisaurus

He didn't think Itoy's paraceratherium was so bulky and large. In my case, I don't have Nanmu's apatosaurus or W-Dragon's giraffatitan figures and they are almost up to par with the paraceratherium. Thanks for the comparative photography Robin!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 24, 2020, 08:27:50 PM
Even without the lightbox your photography is still excellent. And what a lot of lovely figures you have. That Apatosaurus in particular looks positively massive

Thank you very much  ^-^

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 24, 2020, 10:21:54 PM
He didn't think Itoy's paraceratherium was so bulky and large. In my case, I don't have Nanmu's apatosaurus or W-Dragon's giraffatitan figures and they are almost up to par with the paraceratherium. Thanks for the comparative photography Robin!

Yes, they're all massive figures  :o

RobinGoodfellow

CollectA Saltriovenator :

(these pictures are part of images taken for my friend at Paleo-Nerd website + Dinotoyblog review )

Full res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157716429935337/with/50426705822/

Shonisaurus

How lucky you are Robin! As per dinotoyblog.com review it is Collecta's best finished theropod to date. Enjoy that beauty. It far exceeds its ceratosaurus counterpart. Its colors are much more vivid and it shows that much research has been done from a scientific point of view when it comes to realizing that beauty. Enjoy that beauty with great health!

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

This figure is a really surprise to me: Kronosaurus

It's from an unbranded company from China; but it's really good: solid pvc and a beautiful sculpt.
And I'm a huge fan of marine reptiles.

Here it is:

Others Kronosaurus in my collection:

Links:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157716429935337

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157671169222185/with/30734505486/

Nimravus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on November 01, 2020, 12:28:00 PM
New Acquisition

This figure is a really surprise to me: Kronosaurus

It's from an unbranded company from China; but it's really good: solid pvc and a beautiful sculpt.
And I'm a huge fan of marine reptiles.
Here it is:

Robin, it is a wonderful Kronosaurus, could you please let us know from where you got it?
Really much appreciated.
Thanks for sharing your collection with us!!! ;D

Shonisaurus

That kronosaurus that you show has two color variants, one seems to me in a dark solid color, I do not know exactly what it is now and another in that shade of striped paint. Without a place, the one you show is the most interesting of the two.

What worries me is that if that version of kronosaurus from an unknown company may contain a toxic material or that it can cause disease such as cancer for example. It is the only thing that worries me, the figure is very beautiful but without a doubt I prefer to buy from known brands of dinosaurs, be they Asian (Chinese, Japanese), Western or American (Safari) I do not trust very much the brands without names, I am concerned, I repeat, that the material with which this figure is made may contain material that is harmful to the body and even that in the long run it may cause diseases such as cancer. In my case, I am a person at risk due to a family history and I want to be careful.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Nimravus on November 01, 2020, 05:29:42 PM
Robin, it is a wonderful Kronosaurus, could you please let us know from where you got it?
Really much appreciated.
Thanks for sharing your collection with us!!! ;D

I bought it on Aliexpress.
There is also a dark variant:  http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6483.msg269845#msg269845
It's quite cheap but really interesting.
^-^

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 01, 2020, 05:41:07 PM
What worries me is that if that version of kronosaurus from an unknown company may contain a toxic material or that it can cause disease such as cancer for example. It is the only thing that worries me, the figure is very beautiful but without a doubt I prefer to buy from known brands of dinosaurs, be they Asian (Chinese, Japanese), Western or American (Safari) I do not trust very much the brands without names, I am concerned, I repeat, that the material with which this figure is made may contain material that is harmful to the body and even that in the long run it may cause diseases such as cancer. In my case, I am a person at risk due to a family history and I want to be careful.

That figure has not a CE logo.
I really can't tell if it's made from safe plastics or not.
But it will stay in a cabinet.
I don't play with figures (so there won't be any contact with skin, hands or mouth); and I don't have childrens at home.
So I'm relatively not so worried about that.

Shonisaurus

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow You don't have to have children either. I also have them on shelves as an ornament, but in this case that type of figure can expel toxic material into the air even if we do not perceive it. I honestly would not like to have that figure in my case, I do not want to endanger my life, I do not trust figures of prehistoric animals of unknown brands from my humble point of view.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 01, 2020, 08:14:15 PM
avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow You don't have to have children either. I also have them on shelves as an ornament, but in this case that type of figure can expel toxic material into the air even if we do not perceive it. I honestly would not like to have that figure in my case, I do not want to endanger my life, I do not trust figures of prehistoric animals of unknown brands from my humble point of view.

I never had any intention to force you to buy anything.
I simply presented my point of view.
Which is why I think your answer is a little bit over the line.
80% of plastic dinosaurs are made in China.
And I'm not totally sure that major brands' plastics are 100% safe, even if CE tested..
( https://clearandwell.com/are-products-made-in-china-inherently-toxic/ )

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on November 01, 2020, 08:50:49 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 01, 2020, 08:14:15 PM

I never had any intention to force you to buy anything.
I simply presented my point of view.
Which is why I think your answer is a little bit over the line.
80% of plastic dinosaurs are made in China.
And I'm not totally sure that major brands' plastics are 100% safe, even if CE tested..
( https://clearandwell.com/are-products-made-in-china-inherently-toxic/ )

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow Sorry if I was unintentionally impertinent. I just wanted to give my recommendation regarding that figure. I know that you do not force anyone to buy anything and that your attitude in the DTF is exemplary, apart from an excellent person. Sorry if I have offended you, maybe it's a bit exaggerated but now in my case, I look a lot for my health, sorry.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.