Author Topic: RobinGoodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )  (Read 166964 times)

Nimravus

• Dinofan under an adult appearence
    • View Profile
Re: RobinGoodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )
« Reply #2400 on: November 01, 2020, 05:29:42 PM »
New Acquisition

This figure is a really surprise to me: Kronosaurus

It's from an unbranded company from China; but it's really good: solid pvc and a beautiful sculpt.
And I'm a huge fan of marine reptiles.
Here it is:

Robin, it is a wonderful Kronosaurus, could you please let us know from where you got it?
Really much appreciated.
Thanks for sharing your collection with us!!! ;D

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: November 01, 2020, 05:41:07 PM »
That kronosaurus that you show has two color variants, one seems to me in a dark solid color, I do not know exactly what it is now and another in that shade of striped paint. Without a place, the one you show is the most interesting of the two.

What worries me is that if that version of kronosaurus from an unknown company may contain a toxic material or that it can cause disease such as cancer for example. It is the only thing that worries me, the figure is very beautiful but without a doubt I prefer to buy from known brands of dinosaurs, be they Asian (Chinese, Japanese), Western or American (Safari) I do not trust very much the brands without names, I am concerned, I repeat, that the material with which this figure is made may contain material that is harmful to the body and even that in the long run it may cause diseases such as cancer. In my case, I am a person at risk due to a family history and I want to be careful.

RobinGoodfellow

• Paleocene survivor
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Mosasaur
« Reply #2402 on: November 01, 2020, 07:29:23 PM »
Robin, it is a wonderful Kronosaurus, could you please let us know from where you got it?
Really much appreciated.
Thanks for sharing your collection with us!!! ;D

I bought it on Aliexpress.
There is also a dark variant:  http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6483.msg269845#msg269845
It's quite cheap but really interesting.
 ^-^

What worries me is that if that version of kronosaurus from an unknown company may contain a toxic material or that it can cause disease such as cancer for example. It is the only thing that worries me, the figure is very beautiful but without a doubt I prefer to buy from known brands of dinosaurs, be they Asian (Chinese, Japanese), Western or American (Safari) I do not trust very much the brands without names, I am concerned, I repeat, that the material with which this figure is made may contain material that is harmful to the body and even that in the long run it may cause diseases such as cancer. In my case, I am a person at risk due to a family history and I want to be careful.

That figure has not a CE logo.
I really can't tell if it's made from safe plastics or not.
But it will stay in a cabinet.
I don't play with figures (so there won't be any contact with skin, hands or mouth); and I don't have childrens at home.
So I'm relatively not so worried about that.

:)

RobinGoodfellow

• Paleocene survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: November 01, 2020, 07:39:56 PM »

..a strange encounter in the deep ocean..

Recur Dunkleosteus

Link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157691486252233

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: November 01, 2020, 08:14:15 PM »
@RobinGoodfellow You don't have to have children either. I also have them on shelves as an ornament, but in this case that type of figure can expel toxic material into the air even if we do not perceive it. I honestly would not like to have that figure in my case, I do not want to endanger my life, I do not trust figures of prehistoric animals of unknown brands from my humble point of view.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 08:17:03 PM by Shonisaurus »

RobinGoodfellow

• Paleocene survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: November 01, 2020, 08:50:49 PM »
@RobinGoodfellow You don't have to have children either. I also have them on shelves as an ornament, but in this case that type of figure can expel toxic material into the air even if we do not perceive it. I honestly would not like to have that figure in my case, I do not want to endanger my life, I do not trust figures of prehistoric animals of unknown brands from my humble point of view.

I never had any intention to force you to buy anything.
I simply presented my point of view.
Which is why I think your answer is a little bit over the line.
80% of plastic dinosaurs are made in China.
And I'm not totally sure that major brands' plastics are 100% safe, even if CE tested..
( https://clearandwell.com/are-products-made-in-china-inherently-toxic/ )

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: November 02, 2020, 08:33:59 AM »

And I'm not totally sure that major brands' plastics are 100% safe, even if CE tested..

@RobinGoodfellow Sorry if I was unintentionally impertinent. I just wanted to give my recommendation regarding that figure. I know that you do not force anyone to buy anything and that your attitude in the DTF is exemplary, apart from an excellent person. Sorry if I have offended you, maybe it's a bit exaggerated but now in my case, I look a lot for my health, sorry.

RobinGoodfellow

• Paleocene survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: November 02, 2020, 04:42:31 PM »

@RobinGoodfellow Sorry if I was unintentionally impertinent. I just wanted to give my recommendation regarding that figure. I know that you do not force anyone to buy anything and that your attitude in the DTF is exemplary, apart from an excellent person. Sorry if I have offended you, maybe it's a bit exaggerated but now in my case, I look a lot for my health, sorry.

I'm not offended.. please, don't worry..
 ^-^

RobinGoodfellow

• Paleocene survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: November 02, 2020, 04:50:58 PM »

..browsing my Flickr albums, I noticed that I forgot to portrait a nice figure: Eofauna Atlasaurus

So it's time to show it on my thread:  ;D

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157687466904774/with/50559566166/

(even Eofauna Deinotherium is still missing from my Flickr.. I'm really getting old..  :-\ )

Creature

• View Profile
  • Dinosaur: Introvertosaurus
« Reply #2409 on: November 02, 2020, 06:59:38 PM »
I love seeing these updates. Your collection is gorgeous, and it's always interesting to see the new figures in context with your existing collection.

RobinGoodfellow

• Paleocene survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: November 05, 2020, 07:24:27 PM »
New Acquisition

I've always wanted to have a decent Deinosuchus.
Well, I have the Sideshow one but it's only half-Deinosuchus..  ;D

Now I found one right scaled with other figures..

What do you think?

..I think I'm satisfied..  ;)

« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 07:26:25 PM by RobinGoodfellow »

Stolpergeist

• Cambrian survivor
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: November 05, 2020, 07:32:55 PM »
Absolutely awesome!
Unfortunately not as pronounced as the iconic skull but still very cool, love how chunky it looks and the size alone makes it worth having.
Which brand is it?

Halichoeres

• Social media team
  • Ultimate survivor
  • Ichthyologist, illustrator, urbanist
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: There's more to life than theropods
« Reply #2412 on: November 05, 2020, 07:48:34 PM »
Absolutely awesome!
Unfortunately not as pronounced as the iconic skull but still very cool, love how chunky it looks and the size alone makes it worth having.
Which brand is it?

It's the Recur American alligator: https://www.amazon.com/RECUR-Alligator-Crocodile-Collectibles-Collectors/dp/B07RKRJXB4

Not a bad stand-in, but we could use a real Deinosuchus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0

My trade/sale/wishlist thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3299.0

Sometimes I draw pictures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4856.0

RobinGoodfellow

• Paleocene survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: November 05, 2020, 07:56:20 PM »
Absolutely awesome!
Which brand is it?

It's the Recur American alligator: https://www.amazon.com/RECUR-Alligator-Crocodile-Collectibles-Collectors/dp/B07RKRJXB4

Not a bad stand-in, but we could use a real Deinosuchus.

Yep.
You have an hawk eye  ;)
It's the best available right now..  ;D

Loon

• Reviewer
  • Permian survivor
  • Part-time Horse Girl
    • View Profile
  • Dinosaur: E. f. caballus
« Reply #2414 on: November 05, 2020, 08:05:21 PM »
That's actually a pretty good looking figure, but I do like Recur. Whenever I get a classroom, I'll probably have some of their toys. As an American Alligator I actually like the colors more than most other companies' offerings.

RobinGoodfellow

• Paleocene survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: November 05, 2020, 08:12:23 PM »
Apart from the name on its belly, Deinosuchus wasn't so different from modern alligators.
The main difference is the size.
And this figure is massive.
So, why not?

« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 05:40:52 AM by RobinGoodfellow »

Shonisaurus

• Ultimate survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: November 05, 2020, 08:35:41 PM »
Although it is no longer available on the market there is also Schleich's deinosuchus, I do not know if it is scientifically accurate but it is also huge. We need a deinosuchus. Please Rebor market one and cancel the cancellation of deinosuchus and sarcosucus! We need both prehistoric crocodiles! Recur's is acceptable but honestly from my point of view deinosuchus and sarcosuchus are still not well represented in the toy world, at least to prehistoric crocodiles (I mean those two species) sincerely they have not yet been done with them Fair enough with the sole exception of Safari's sarcosuchus but that's a bit of a small figure to me. It does not fit my standards of size, but it does fit those of beauty and anatomical and scientific perfection.

Stolpergeist

• Cambrian survivor
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: November 05, 2020, 08:43:22 PM »
Ah, that was a smart move.
I am using an Incredible Creatures Komodo dragon as Varanus priscus stand-in, it's the best one can do with some taxa until proper figures get made.
The Carnegie Collection Deinosuchus has its charm but that certainly doesn't lie in its size but it does at least look good next to Safari's Sarcosuchus.
The paint job of the Carnegie Collection one however is not too satisfying and the skull shape could be done better.
Then there are also the ones by Schleich and RECUR which both have wrong toe numbers and the Schleich one has also the blunt Replica Saurus style on top of that.

RobinGoodfellow

• Paleocene survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: November 06, 2020, 05:16:36 PM »
..a deep sea New Acquisition.. "Lord of Abyss"  from Nanmu:

..and others JW style Mosasaurus:

Link:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157671169222185/with/42157706535/

« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 07:29:06 PM by RobinGoodfellow »

RobinGoodfellow

• Paleocene survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: November 11, 2020, 12:42:48 PM »
New Acquisition

PNSO 2020 Lambeosaurus

..with some old fellows..

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157716843590147/with/50589935096/

« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 12:44:46 PM by RobinGoodfellow »