News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

..well, it's not  a "Groundhog Day" ' effect but it looks like 2020 may have been the year of the spinosaurus.. again..  ;)

I already talked about Spinosaurus "evolution" through toy figures:

A link to my old post on DTF:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3228.msg222997#msg222997

Probably now it's time for an update..  ;D

Schleich:

Papo "Limited Edition"  (  ::) .. )

PNSO 2019

GR Toys 2020

PNSO  2020

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157688651300683/with/50644903188/

..but I bet that story doesn't end  here..

:)

Shonisaurus

Nice set of spinosaurus according to the latest scientific discoveries in my case my favorite spinosaurus is still Papo's followed by GR Toys, Safari and PNSO by far.

SenSx

I'm not a big fan of Schleich msot of the time, but they really nailed it this time.
They can do good figures when they want.

May favorite is the GR toys Spinosaurus.

RobinGoodfellow

Today some good news (in this dark time):

I was informed that my gorgeous M-See Mastodon (1:18) is almost ready to be shipped..and I'm really excited..  8)

There is also a surprise for M-See fans (like me): Nyctosaurus (1:10)
I did my pre-order immediately..  ;)

Nyctosaurus will be ready on April 2021.. I just can't wait..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157712985962736/with/50714893902/

ceratopsian

How exciting about the Mastodon!  It looks fabulous.

I was sorely tempted by the Nyctosaurus but decided against it finally. I was too afraid of knocking it out of the water!  I look forward to enjoying yours. It is a stunner.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: ceratopsian on December 15, 2020, 11:53:30 AM
I was sorely tempted by the Nyctosaurus but decided against it finally. I was too afraid of knocking it out of the water!
I really hope that model and base will be shipped separately from each other and the figure needs to be manually inserted into a base' pinhole ( hidden in the water itself)..

BlueKrono

Google is having a hard time with M-See... Where do you order them from? They are certainly good looking models.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 15, 2020, 01:31:22 PM
Google is having a hard time with M-See... Where do you order them from? They are certainly good looking models.

You might get better results with  "Musee." Unfortunately the best way to contact them seems to be via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100044692553898), but Dan's Dinosaurs carries at least some of them also.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: BlueKrono on December 15, 2020, 01:31:22 PM

Dinosaur Darkroom Market on Facebook: a really great guy  :D

(..but for people liking overpriced statues and scalper' experiences there is also LanaTimeShop..  ;) )

ceratopsian

I buy from Dinosaur Darkroom too.  He's a real pleasure to deal with and very gentlemanly.

Shonisaurus

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow My congratulations on your new acquisition. Sideshow's mosasaur apart from being a prehistoric animal of incalculable value and quality, it is a cult collectible figure. I am very happy for you that you and all of you enjoy it with health. And above all I am glad that you liked it, you undoubtedly have a gem from the collection of prehistoric resin animals.

RobinGoodfellow

..while I'm waiting for all the new PNSOs, a surprise arrived at my house: a really big  pvc  Giganotosaurus   Yangchuanosaurus

It's a 46 cm (18") figure..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157717497120192/with/50751931062/

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Stolpergeist on December 23, 2020, 06:47:42 PM
Interesting to see the Zhong Jieming Toys Giganotosaurus next to Hans, it's so huge.
The spikes make it feel like Schleich's classic giganotosaurs if they actually tried instead of creating those weird frog ear creatures.

Usually I don't buy bootlegs.
This time I did a mistake.
A friend from Paleo-Nerds (an italian forum) just let me know that the model is a copy of Dino Soar Studio ( Cheung Chung Tat ) 1:20 Resin Kit (now out of production).
And it's not a Giganotosaurus but a Yangchuanosaurus.
I found that pvc figure on Aliexpress (unbranded).
Sorry but I really didn't know about this resin kit..

:(

RobinGoodfellow

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
************************************************************************************************************
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

************************************************************************************************************

:))

Shonisaurus

My congratulations Robin, by the way where can I buy that yangchuanosaurus? I am interested in him. The one from Safari Dinosaurs of China is out of date and the one from PNSO Museum Line model unfortunately does not stand upright.

Could you provide a buy link for that yangchuanosaurus?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 24, 2020, 01:36:46 PM
My congratulations Robin, by the way where can I buy that yangchuanosaurus? I am interested in him. The one from Safari Dinosaurs of China is out of date and the one from PNSO Museum Line model unfortunately does not stand upright.

Firstly, as I said, I wasn't  aware that the figure is an illegal bootleg of a well-known chinese artist' work.
I did a mistake buying it.
I do not want to support piracy in any way.

Second point :I remember that  last month you wrote a post in this thread saying that you don't want to buy figures which are not tested as "safe products".
That is an unbranded model and I really don't know if the company painted it with non-toxic colors.

These are the reasons why I prefer not to post buying links here.
Sorry..

Merry Christmas to you.
Regards

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on December 24, 2020, 04:40:22 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 24, 2020, 01:36:46 PM

Firstly, as I said, I wasn't  aware that the figure is an illegal bootleg of a well-known chinese artist' work.
I did a mistake buying it.
I do not want to support piracy in any way.

Second point :I remember that  last month you wrote a post in this thread saying that you don't want to buy figures which are not tested as "safe products".
That is an unbranded model and I really don't know if the company painted it with non-toxic colors.

These are the reasons why I prefer not to post buying links here.
Sorry..

Merry Christmas to you.
Regards

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow Thanks for the clarification. Merry Christmas. May you be as happy as I am.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: Shonisaurus on December 25, 2020, 12:14:36 AM
Thanks for the clarification. Merry Christmas. May you be as happy as I am.

Reading this made me happy, too.

RobinGoodfellow

Holydays are good times to complete my reference albums on Flickr.
There are lots of figures I did not take pictures of.
Here some of them from last months:

..plus a diorama that's still in transit to my home:  Machairodus Hunting Pliohippus (1:10) by Sean Cooper / Painted by Martin Garratt

For INFO about models and Full Res Pics please see here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157717497120192/with/50727715131/

Duna

Oh, that diorama is a dream come true! It transmits such a feeling of restrained power that it's overwhelming. I will wait for your pictures because I want to look at it for a long time, it's so pleasing.
The other pictures look as their best. Lovely collection.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.