News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 velociraptor toys [Failed]

Started by SomeRandomPaleoNerd, April 24, 2015, 08:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the best dromeosaur toys

bullyland velociraptor
0 (0%)
lego velociraptor
0 (0%)
collecta utahraptor
0 (0%)
discovery utahraptor
0 (0%)
schelich deinonychus
0 (0%)
imperial deinonychus
0 (0%)
carnegi feathered velociraptor
0 (0%)
jurassic park /// pack raptor
0 (0%)
the lost world jurassic park alpha raptor
0 (0%)
discovery kids velociraptor
0 (0%)
geoworld velociraptor
0 (0%)
geoworld utahraptor
0 (0%)
imperial megaraptor
0 (0%)
geoworld megaraptor
0 (0%)
xtractaurs utahraptor
1 (33.3%)
xtractaurs deinonychus
0 (0%)
extractaurs velociraptor
0 (0%)
schelich velociraptor 1
0 (0%)
schelich velociraptor 2
0 (0%)
papo velociraptor
0 (0%)
palymobile velociraptors
0 (0%)
jurassic park /// alpha raptor
0 (0%)
jurassic park screaming velociraptor
1 (33.3%)
disney's dinosaur villinous velociraptor
0 (0%)
chap mei deinonychus
0 (0%)
battat velociraptor
0 (0%)
safari ltd velociraptor
1 (33.3%)
safari ltd baby velociraptor
0 (0%)
animal planet dino discovery screaming velociraptor
0 (0%)
playschool defnitely dinosaurs! deinonychus
0 (0%)
dinosaur train derek deinonychus
0 (0%)
playmobile deinonychus
0 (0%)
dinosaur train velma velociraptor
0 (0%)
safari ltd mother and baby utahraptor
0 (0%)
jurassic park utahraptor
0 (0%)
walking with dinosaurs plush utahraptor ( its very cute so i decided to add him )
0 (0%)
wowee roboraptor
0 (0%)
kaiyodo deinonychus
0 (0%)
kabaya deinonychus
0 (0%)
chap mei dragonosaurus
0 (0%)
invecta troodon
0 (0%)
walking with dinosaurs eletronic troodon
0 (0%)
geoworld troodon
0 (0%)
colorata velociraptor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: August 22, 2015, 07:13:30 PM

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

there have been votes for the best t-rex best prehistoric crocodile so why not give the raptors a chance?
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

CityRaptor

This poll needs some serious reworking.  Aside from scaly Velociraptors not qualifying for "best" ( even if some are otherwise pretty good  ), it is missing a lot Velociraptors to begin with. And if you want to represent Jurassic Park, there are clearly superior ones than the one from JPIII
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Uroplatus

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 24, 2015, 10:27:45 AM
This poll needs some serious reworking.  Aside from scaly Velociraptors not qualifying for "best" ( even if some are otherwise pretty good  ), it is missing a lot Velociraptors to begin with. And if you want to represent Jurassic Park, there are clearly superior ones than the one from JPIII

Agreed, i also don't see why a comment is required if you vote for the Carnegie , out of these 5 it's the only one that even comes close.

DinoToyForum

I deleted the poll because there are guidelines for top 10 style polls (http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3067.0) and the process  starts with a discussion about what figures should be included. I've left this thread open for such a discussion. Cheers!  C:-)

It was also posted in the diorama section, so I'll move it...

Patrx

What if we broadened the scope a little? I think "Top Ten Dromaeosaur Toys" would be fun :)

Halichoeres

In addition to the Carnegie Velociraptor, I would nominate the Favorite Velociraptor and their older Deinonychus, the Colorata Velociraptor, the Kaiyodo Deinonychus, the CollectA Deluxe Velociraptor, and the Bullyland Velociraptor.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Patrx on April 24, 2015, 04:31:33 PM
What if we broadened the scope a little? I think "Top Ten Dromaeosaur Toys" would be fun :)

Yes, all the 'raptors' ;)

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

ok i'll try to make a new poll for all kinds of dromeosaurs

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

well i'm new for working a poll is new for me but i'll try

DinoToyForum

No, we discuss what figures to include first. Then, when everyone has had their say, in a few weeks, the poll can be created. This way we don't have to tweak the poll and ask people to revote. Patience. :)

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

sorry! i am new i didn't even know about about the website until a day ago when i stumbled upon it i didn't know you have to have a poll on which dinosaurs to add to the poll sorry!
( i suck at this like everything else!) :-[

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

i will save you guys the trouble and never log on again

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

you  know what? i don't need to make a #### poll because i can do my favorite thing here look at diormas and dicuss dinosaur things and to make me feel even more better i am going to log on evryday if i can and i creating my own dinosaur toy blog so give this 13 year old a break.

Patrx

No worries, man. Just take a look at the rules and guidelines and whatnot and you'll be set!

DinoToyForum

I didn't want to undo all your hard work, so I locked the new new poll, I didn't delete it. We can unlock it and update the options when everyone has had their say. :) There are only rules for top 10 polls because they are part of a series, and because based on experience it is better to take our time and get the poll right. Not all polls have rules. Thanks for understanding :)

DinoToyForum

So, any suggestions for figures that should be in the running?

The WWD Utahraptor (non-plush) seems to be missing and should be added (I'd vote for it).

Also, what about Microraptor? Or even going outside of dromaeosaurids to include the Invicta Troodon. How inclusive do we want to go. What poll would the Invicta Troodon ever fit in if not this one?

Uroplatus

I think it's a good idea to include Microraptor , and Troodon too, the Invicta and the WWD 3D blind bag one.., but then maybe the title needs to be changed again as well.

I also was under the impression the Battat figure was a Utahraptor instead of a Velociraptor?

Halichoeres

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 25, 2015, 06:41:06 PM
What poll would the Invicta Troodon ever fit in if not this one?

Yeah, that would take it out of dromaeosaurid territory. GeoWorld makes a Troodon and several dromaeosaurids--I know they get a lot of hate, but they're making some species that nobody else has touched. I seem to remember somebody making a Stenonychosaurus at some point, but I can't call it to mind.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 25, 2015, 07:54:27 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 25, 2015, 06:41:06 PM
What poll would the Invicta Troodon ever fit in if not this one?

Yeah, that would take it out of dromaeosaurid territory. GeoWorld makes a Troodon and several dromaeosaurids--I know they get a lot of hate, but they're making some species that nobody else has touched. I seem to remember somebody making a Stenonychosaurus at some point, but I can't call it to mind.

Could be the Invicta Troodon you are thinking of - it is labelled "Stenonychosaurus (Troodon)"

Patrx

What's the state of the clade "Deinonychosauria"? It contains dromaeosaurs and troodontids, but I'm not sure if it's currently in use. We could use it for the purposes of the poll. The Kaiyodo "Kitadaniyru" and the Kabaya Deinonychus should definitely be included!

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.