News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Top 10 velociraptor toys [Failed]

Started by SomeRandomPaleoNerd, April 24, 2015, 08:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the best dromeosaur toys

bullyland velociraptor
0 (0%)
lego velociraptor
0 (0%)
collecta utahraptor
0 (0%)
discovery utahraptor
0 (0%)
schelich deinonychus
0 (0%)
imperial deinonychus
0 (0%)
carnegi feathered velociraptor
0 (0%)
jurassic park /// pack raptor
0 (0%)
the lost world jurassic park alpha raptor
0 (0%)
discovery kids velociraptor
0 (0%)
geoworld velociraptor
0 (0%)
geoworld utahraptor
0 (0%)
imperial megaraptor
0 (0%)
geoworld megaraptor
0 (0%)
xtractaurs utahraptor
1 (33.3%)
xtractaurs deinonychus
0 (0%)
extractaurs velociraptor
0 (0%)
schelich velociraptor 1
0 (0%)
schelich velociraptor 2
0 (0%)
papo velociraptor
0 (0%)
palymobile velociraptors
0 (0%)
jurassic park /// alpha raptor
0 (0%)
jurassic park screaming velociraptor
1 (33.3%)
disney's dinosaur villinous velociraptor
0 (0%)
chap mei deinonychus
0 (0%)
battat velociraptor
0 (0%)
safari ltd velociraptor
1 (33.3%)
safari ltd baby velociraptor
0 (0%)
animal planet dino discovery screaming velociraptor
0 (0%)
playschool defnitely dinosaurs! deinonychus
0 (0%)
dinosaur train derek deinonychus
0 (0%)
playmobile deinonychus
0 (0%)
dinosaur train velma velociraptor
0 (0%)
safari ltd mother and baby utahraptor
0 (0%)
jurassic park utahraptor
0 (0%)
walking with dinosaurs plush utahraptor ( its very cute so i decided to add him )
0 (0%)
wowee roboraptor
0 (0%)
kaiyodo deinonychus
0 (0%)
kabaya deinonychus
0 (0%)
chap mei dragonosaurus
0 (0%)
invecta troodon
0 (0%)
walking with dinosaurs eletronic troodon
0 (0%)
geoworld troodon
0 (0%)
colorata velociraptor
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: August 22, 2015, 07:13:30 PM

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

ok i am adding your sugestions to the poll and sorry i totally forgot that trooodon was a dromeosaur so i will ad some troodon models thanks for the suggestions!!!!!!!
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

Halichoeres

Quote from: Patrx on April 25, 2015, 08:54:00 PM
What's the state of the clade "Deinonychosauria"? It contains dromaeosaurs and troodontids, but I'm not sure if it's currently in use. We could use it for the purposes of the poll. The Kaiyodo "Kitadaniyru" and the Kabaya Deinonychus should definitely be included!

I think Deinonychosauria thus construed would be paraphyletic with respect to birds, but I agree that for the purposes of this poll we don't need to insist on monophyly. I also second the inclusion of "Kitadaniryu" and the Kabaya Deinonychus.

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 25, 2015, 08:30:18 PM
Could be the Invicta Troodon you are thinking of - it is labelled "Stenonychosaurus (Troodon)"

I'll bet you're right!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Halichoeres

Quote from: dinosauradventures34 on April 25, 2015, 08:59:39 PM
ok i am adding your sugestions to the poll and sorry i totally forgot that trooodon was a dromeosaur so i will ad some troodon models thanks for the suggestions!!!!!!!

That's the spirit! This will be fun.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Sim

Quote from: Patrx on April 25, 2015, 08:54:00 PM
What's the state of the clade "Deinonychosauria"? It contains dromaeosaurs and troodontids, but I'm not sure if it's currently in use. We could use it for the purposes of the poll.
Deinonychosauria was defined as all dinosaurs closer to dromaeosaurids than to birds - it makes no reference to troodontids.  While troodontids were believed to be closer to dromaeosaurids, Deinonychosauria contained these 2 families.  Studies in the last few years have been showing that troodontids seem to be more closely related to birds than dromaeosaurids, so Deinonychosauria would only contain dromaeosaurids thus making it a junior synonym of Dromaeosauridae.  A group only troodontids and dromaeosaurids fall into is non-bird/avialan eumaniraptorans.  Their classification can be clearer to see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraves  The Simple English Wikipedia Deinonychosauria page (the first Google result for Deinonychosauria) is outdated and consequently misleading.  Maybe the poll could be for the Top 10 Dromaesaurid and Troodontid toys?

Quote from: dinosauradventures34 on April 25, 2015, 08:59:39 PM
I'm not against Troodon being added, but just so you know, it isn't a dromaeosaur, it's a troodontid.

Looking at the figures listed in the poll, one is a "schelich deinonychus".  If you're referring to Schleich, I don't think Schleich ever made a Deinonychus, only a number of Velociraptors that have no resemblance to a real Velociraptor.  Also, the Battat figure in the poll is a Utahraptor, not a Velociraptor.

Despite being featherless, my favorite dromaeosaur toy is the Battat Utahraptor.  It's really well sculpted and it looks really cool.  It's as accurate as it could be for the time it was made and it really shows it was an authentic attempt to restore an animal that once lived.  When I was a kid it was one of my favourite toys.  Well, it still is.  This reminds me that another of my favourite toys was the Safari Ltd. Authentics Velociraptor (the first one in the photo below):
Quote from: therizinosaurus on July 31, 2013, 06:25:02 PM

The Authentics Velociraptor (left), with three different repaints found in various toobs over the years. I love having a whole herd :)
It's a small figure, but so much attention to detail and proportions can be found on it.  Velociraptor has always been my favourite dinosaur and as a kid it was so nice to have one that was great in looks and quality.  It also went well with my toys of larger dinosaurs when I wanted to have a Velociraptor that wasn't far too big compared to them (the Protoceratops from the same set was great for this too).  It turns out Greg Wenzel sculpted both the Safari Authentics Velociraptor and the Battat Utahraptor, no wonder they share so many great qualities!

The figures I'd like to see added to the poll are the:
Safari Ltd. Authentics Velociraptor
Brown Jurassic Park Velociraptor: http://dinotoyblog.com/2010/07/25/velociraptor-other-one-jurassic-park-by-kenner/  This was another toy I had a lot of fun playing with as a kid.  I feel the opposite for the other "Velociraptor" in the same series: http://dinotoyblog.com/2010/07/10/velociraptor-jurassic-park-by-kenner/ which frankly I've always found hideous and poor to play with.
Safari Feathered Dinos Toob Sinornithosaurus
Safari Feathered Dinos Toob Velociraptor
Safari Feathered Dinos Toob Microraptor
Out of all the feathered dromaeosaur toys currently around, I think the ones from the feathered dinos toob are the ones I like most.

Dinomike

Hi! I think Favorite velociraptor ought to be added! :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

DinoLord

I've always been fond of the Safari LTD Dinosaurs of China Velociraptor.

Gwangi

Quote from: DinoLord on April 27, 2015, 12:20:39 AM

Not technically part of the DoC series. But I know what you're talking about. One of my favorite old school Velociraptor models for sure.

Arul

Im sorry there is a typo "carnegi feathered velociraptor"

DinoLord

Quote from: Gwangi on April 27, 2015, 01:03:25 AM
Quote from: DinoLord on April 27, 2015, 12:20:39 AM

Not technically part of the DoC series.

Huh, your post prompted me to look up your review of this figure. Very interesting backstory. It's definitely a great retro Velociraptor figure; goes great standing next to my Safari Authentics Velociraptor.

DinoToyForum

This one didn't work out. The thread started has moved on. It's why we have instructions. :) So, I'm locking this thread and marking it as 'failed'. But, if someone else wants to start a new 'Velociraptor and relatives' top 10 thread, be my guest.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.