News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2015

Started by DinoToyForum, April 26, 2015, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

Submitted! Can't wait to see all of the entries! Yay!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

DinoG

I am going for 7 votes, 1 more than last year!!!
Run!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Such procrastination on my part; I really should get working on this. The time certainly is flying!
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

DinoToyForum

You still have time! It is exciting receiving all the entries 8)

darylj

Planning to enter mine over the weekend... That's in time right?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: darylj on September 09, 2015, 09:02:24 PM
Planning to enter mine over the weekend... That's in time right?

Yeah, there are still a few weeks to go until the deadline :)

Simon

How many entries per member?  Just one?  Or can a member submit several?

joossa

Quote from: Simon on September 11, 2015, 06:29:28 PM

Rules are posted on the first page for reference. :)

Quote-One diorama per member. Once submitted it cannot be exchanged for an alternative entry.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Simon

Quote from: joossa on September 11, 2015, 10:37:22 PM
Quote from: Simon on September 11, 2015, 06:29:28 PM

Rules are posted on the first page for reference. :)

Quote-One diorama per member. Once submitted it cannot be exchanged for an alternative entry.

Thanks.  I looked and looked and did not see it.  Not the first time.   :-[

laticauda

It is so bitter sweet to submit the diorama picture.  On one hand your excited after all the hard work to be done and submitted, on the other, you know everyone else is going to have these awesome, spectacular, submissions, and your wondering if the one you did is even worthy. 

Anyways, I am really looking forward to seeing everyone's dioramas.  Good luck and have fun.   :)

Silvanusaurus

I have sent mine in, but as it's my first time I'm not sure if I should have recieved any kind of confirmation that it was received? I don't know what the usual custom is but I'm just slightly concerned about whether or not the email got through and the image I included works ok, as you never know what kind of problems could arise. Maybe I'm just insecure. Is there any way to confirm it?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on September 13, 2015, 12:52:16 PM
I have sent mine in, but as it's my first time I'm not sure if I should have recieved any kind of confirmation that it was received? I don't know what the usual custom is but I'm just slightly concerned about whether or not the email got through and the image I included works ok, as you never know what kind of problems could arise. Maybe I'm just insecure. Is there any way to confirm it?

Confirmed, you should have received email confirmation by now. Coincidentally, I was just processing recent entries, including yours, when you posted this. O:-)

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on September 13, 2015, 01:03:31 PM
Confirmed, you should have received email confirmation by now. Coincidentally, I was just processing recent entries, including yours, when you posted this. O:-)

Thanks, thats great.

jooooo

Am i allowed to use Shapeways models or s sculpture i made?

tyrantqueen

Gwangi

I have my picture, I just haven't sent it yet in case I take a better one between now and then. I should be okay as long as I don't forget!

Kayakasaurus

1000 pixels wide? So if mine is at 1920x1440 I should scale it to 1000x750 to fit in the 1000 width?  Will there be an option to vote for yourself? Just wondering how that works. Thanks!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on September 16, 2015, 04:46:55 AM
1000 pixels wide? So if mine is at 1920x1440 I should scale it to 1000x750 to fit in the 1000 width?  Will there be an option to vote for yourself? Just wondering how that works. Thanks!

Yes to the resize comment. Resize width and auto scale height.

Previous contests have allowed people to vote for themselves because it has been difficult or impossible to enforce otherwise.  The technology has changes and so this year I'm reconsidering the options, I haven't decided yet, but my feeling is that voting for oneself isn't in the spirit of the contest. Especially when people vote only for themselves.

Paleona

I think restricting people from voting for themselves is a great idea.  Seems kind of selfish, and like you said, not really in the spirit of the contest. 
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's submissions!  I was surprised looking at the prizes this year- CollectA is being very generous.  :)

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.